Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Beta Key Sweepstakes (Week 1)

167891012»

Comments

• BulldozeBulldoze Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188
    Originally posted by Urthalas

I'm just genuinely curious, why on earth did so many people from Alaska win?

Most of those are bogus cities... I believe they are Russian.  I'm glad that MMORPG is checking ID because some guy who won listed "under a rock" as his city.

Gives me a lot of faith.

Why does it matter where someone states they live on  a forum?

I am the Arch-fiend, the Despoiler of Worlds, and by my hands shall the false Emperor fall.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986
    Because those were the rules of the contest...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• MaraxuS80MaraxuS80 Member Posts: 1
    Jeppad Beta Key Hannover, Germany * confirmed *
    Jeppard Beta Key Hannover, Germany * confirmed *

Any questions regarding ID check... ?
  • BulldozeBulldoze Member UncommonPosts: 115

"Winners may be required to provide proof of eligibility (age, name and address). Information will have to match your MMORPG.COM account values as well as a valid ID."

I guess it's up to mmorpg.com to pick and choose who needs to prove what. For all you know they may have requested ID from some of the winners with dodgy addresses

I am the Arch-fiend, the Despoiler of Worlds, and by my hands shall the false Emperor fall.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    1st world problems
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    Jeppad Beta Key Hannover, Germany * confirmed *
    Jeppard Beta Key Hannover, Germany

* confirmed *

Seems legit...

rofl

• chartinchartin Member UncommonPosts: 16
    I get luckty enough to win a key, but always lose in rolls and such. Also, horrible plea from the china guy. I don't trust him.

looking forward to gw2 actually..

• ikvnikvn Member Posts: 2

nvm

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986
    Originally posted by Bulldoze

"Winners may be required to provide proof of eligibility (age, name and address). Information will have to match your MMORPG.COM account values as well as a valid ID."

I guess it's up to mmorpg.com to pick and choose who needs to prove what. For all you know they may have requested ID from some of the winners with dodgy addresses

Sure...  but tell ya what... let's see if the next few contests have nice round number 1000 for keys.  If they do, then they gave keys to the obvious fakes.   I'd be wiling to bet on which result happens.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• UrthalasUrthalas Member Posts: 2

When is the next giveaway?