Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Corruption at MMORPG?

Seeing the shady way the WoD Beta keys were given out today and the fact that Bill Murphy wasn't on hand to supervise this, do you guys think someone sold out the info about the beta keys to gold selling company? We didn't hear anything for a while, now we get a poorly spelled apology that seems to contradict what many people are saying as they waited for the keys.

There have been people who were sitting on the link to the old beta keys that say they got some so what do you guys think? Poorly executed giveaway or someone on the inside selling out?

Comments

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

what is WoD? 

World of Darkness but that game was canceled.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• OgymanOgyman Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by DashiDMV

Seeing the shady way the WoD Beta keys were given out today and the fact that Bill Murphy wasn't on hand to supervise this, do you guys think someone sold out the info about the beta keys to gold selling company? We didn't hear anything for a while, now we get a poorly spelled apology that seems to contradict what many people are saying as they waited for the keys.

There have been people who were sitting on the link to the old beta keys that say they got some so what do you guys think? Poorly executed giveaway or someone on the inside selling out?

I didn't want to start a hype myself as a new member, mainly because I didn't want to ruin the credibility of the MMORPG.com and because I'm prolly driven by the emotions, but I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking the same...

Mr Murphy should revise the whole scenario that happened today!

I need a girl whose name doesn't end in .JPG

• ArazaleArazale Member Posts: 348
    Warlords of Draenor. WoW expansion.
  • zzaxzzax Member UncommonPosts: 324
    Corruption over beta keys, what the. I wouldnt be surprised though.
  • moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337

Dont stop there. You should openly just accuse everyone on the team of BEING gold sellers . Then blame them for gas prices. Hell dont stop there. Anything bad related to the world , THEY did!! OMG!!

Seriously though, has to be the most retarded thing I have read in a while. Thanks for the laugh

• HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839
    They just go fast. It's like the Hero box keys or whatever. I had no interest in that game. I saw the keys up and within an hour or so thought maybe I'll grab one and check the game out. Went back and they were gone and threads were everywhere about it.  If it's something people are interrested in don't expect them to last very long when you factor in word of mouth / friends.  Keys to games that no one wants sit for days or weeks unclaimed. 
  • fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
    i have 2 beta keys and i've never played warlord or whatever its called. am i part of the conspiracy?
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464

I read their explanation. It sounds plausible to me.   I don't see a conspiracy here.

I know this is extremely important, but people will still have plenty of opportunities to get keys so they can escape a dying Earth on the only ship. No wait..... I mean: play a video game. 

• Jaychi72Jaychi72 Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Originally posted by fascism
    i have 2 beta keys and i've never played warlord or whatever its called. am i part of the conspiracy?

Its people like this that sign up for everything and probably wont even use them or people like this that will eventually sell on ebay or try and trade them.

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
    im not going to sell them, because i dont think they have any real value

Theres one simple solution: next time make them "claimable" by active users with 1000+ posts

• HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Originally posted by zzax

Theres one simple solution: next time make them "claimable" by active users with 1000+ posts

Would defeat part of the promotions purpose.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

I heared Bill is leading ISIS for world domination....
    Join Bills army or get wrecked.

Originally posted by Hulluck

But otherwise they are claimed by bots then sold on ebay.  Doesnt it defeat even bigger part of promotions purpose?

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    ROFL, all these conspiracy theories. They re just a damn key to let you play a beta for a games expansion that ISN T EVEN OUT YET. Do people really need to know the content before it s released.
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Ok I am the conspiracy.  I purposefully got as many as I could to sell them on ebay for a pretty penny.  I also offered one for services from a hooker and also used one to get a full tank of gas.  These things are like gold I tell you!  :)
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

I doubt it. The vast majority of the rage comes from people who created their accounts just for the beta key giveaway. 

I think people should look at it this way - if you get a key, you were very lucky. A lot of people thought they would get a key if they sat there refreshing. Those keys go extremely quickly.

The site just got hammered. They will do better next time. It's shocking how much people want to play this beta. People must be obsessed with WoW despite all the hate comments we read.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by Soki123
    ROFL, all these conspiracy theories. They re just a damn key to let you play a beta for a games expansion that ISN T EVEN OUT YET. Do people really need to know the content before it s released.

Ummmmmmm, hello!!! So what you're suggesting is that just because I spend my entire welfare check at Wal-Mart doesn't guarantee that I'll win their RANDOM monthly draw for a honey ham? That's just not right, sir.

/sarcasm

There's a whole 90 levels worth of content for those looking for a fix. Based on my ample experience with the game, you can expect WoD to be similar to all the expansions. Basically, people will hate them, WoD will be ruining the game, and it will be completely uninspired and pointless and you won't know why you even play the game because it's crap. Then you'll proceed to pre-purchase the expansion and subscribe for a year in advance without letting anyone know, because if you did you'd lose that "edgy" attitude that everything is so fond of. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Hulluck

But otherwise they are claimed by bots then sold on ebay.  Doesnt it defeat even bigger part of promotions purpose?

I'd say that the forum crowd isn't really the target audience for these, especially considering their overwhelming display of negativity toward WoW, AAA titles, and "games for the masses". The target audience is probably new and existing site visitors, most of which never visit the forums. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Robokapp

Mr Mogawe from the bank of Nigeria would certainly like one...

and the famous black magic baba-rama guru...

actually, he's billed as the "WORLD famous black magic baba guru" ! image

if you have no idea what the above reference is about, you obviously don't read the MMORPG forums outside of the admin's working hours...

If these Beta keys are in such incredibly strong demand, they'll most likely fetch a pretty penny on e-bay ?

Originally posted by SpottyGekko
     actually, he's billed as the "WORLD famous black magic baba guru" ! image

if you have no idea what the above reference is about, you obviously don't read the MMORPG forums outside of the admin's working hours...

Well, BABA is also spamming mmo-champ , arena-junkies and some other wow related forums. :)

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by slickbizzle

I read their explanation. It sounds plausible to me.   I don't see a conspiracy here.

I know this is extremely important, but people will still have plenty of opportunities to get keys so they can escape a dying Earth on the only ship. No wait..... I mean: play a video game. 

ROFL, my thought exactly.  You'd swear they stole someone's inheritance or killed baby seals.

It's a stupid beta key for a video game folks, get some perspective.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,350

If the beta keys didn't actually work, then I'd suspect corruption.  No, not corruption of people, silly.

• irpugbossirpugboss Member UncommonPosts: 427

Oh boy everyone lets get to the MMORPG Mystery Mobile we have a Mystery to solve! lol

Cynicism!

This discussion has been closed.