Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars is a lot more like Skyrim than ESO ever tried to be. (I had to see it to belie

1235»

Comments

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Originally posted by Copperfield
    Originally posted by SEANMCAD
    as far as I am concerned anyone who has never tried Wurm or MineCraft should really STFU when talking about what is or is not a sandbox. But that is just my personal view

ill share that view with you.. wurm is outdated tho :P (very)

1000 years ahead of its time when it comes to features.

20 years behind when it comes to graphics

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• AzdulAzdul Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Originally posted by BurntCabbage
    Originally posted by Gdemami

Considering ESO was never trying to be Skyrim...it ain't difficult feat to achieve.

i cant understand why ppl still or even try to think like that...ESO was never sopose to be like skyrim lol

In ESO they were trying to get the same feeling of finding things to do on your way - "emergent gameplay".

You're travelling to another city to finish quest - then on the road you'll meet someone or find some item - and before you know it you're deep into some completely different story ...

But I guess MMOs with large budget cannot afford to wander off the beaten path set by biggest selling MMOs from the past - and ESO is much more traditional MMO than people expected.

There were MUDs and MMOs in the past (e.g. UO at its prime) - that achieved it. You could wander into the unknown - and be sure that something unexpected will happen, and you'll experience true adventure, create your own story.

DF is not there yet, but is much closer than any MMO in recent years.

• JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 674

I'd say that Darkfall Unholy Wars is as close to a sandbox game currently on the market, except for EVE, Perpeetum and a few other titles. It's a great game with almost only focus on PvP, sadly.

It's growing, it's updating and it's getting better and better. We have seen a few really nice updates the past months and I hope that they can keep up with the phase.

• worldspin85worldspin85 Member Posts: 187
    dont listen to op dont waste your time with darkfall. horrible communtiy, no help for newer players. the overhaul of the ui and settings are horrible. long term nothing happening here nothing to see. just fanboys here
  • MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635
    Originally posted by Copperfield
    as far as I am concerned anyone who has never tried Wurm or MineCraft should really STFU when talking about what is or is not a sandbox. But that is just my personal view

ill share that view with you.. wurm is outdated tho :P (very)

1000 years ahead of its time when it comes to features.

20 years behind when it comes to graphics

Absolutely

• EtheomEtheom Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Indeed, Darkfall is very similar to the Elder Scrolls genre.

• NagilumSadowNagilumSadow Member UncommonPosts: 318
    There is nothing like DF for building your own ship and going to some distant land to treasure hunt.
  • corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341
    Originally posted by worldspin85
    dont listen to op dont waste your time with darkfall. horrible communtiy, no help for newer players. the overhaul of the ui and settings are horrible. long term nothing happening here nothing to see. just fanboys here

complete opposite of reality on every point.

except the fanboys part..... those exist, altho far from %100.

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------