Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grew on me & I think it's FUN-Beginner impressions etc

CandyCaneNJCandyCaneNJ Member UncommonPosts: 187

Here is my thoughts on BGO so far. Btw, The information posted on "buying loot" is completely wrong, otherwise I wouldn't be even playing BGO! I think some snarky posts on BGO are from people who actually haven't played it or haven't even gotten to level 10! When you reach level 15+ the game gets even better. For me, unlike Wildstar, I wasn't bored to tears AT ALL with questing. Yes, it's the same gather stuff but is actually interesting. The abundance of events and activities give a respite from questing which is very nice. THANK GOD, you can do other fun stuff besides questing.

The Rift type of events like the particular Walking Dead Zombies (that's just one type) are fun plus it gives you goodies I can't recall off the top of the head lol. After 3 days with the game, I really enjoy it! I have Wildstar and I play Archage. I enjoy Black Gold Online actually more than I do Archage so far believe it or not!

I only wish BGO had housing but I'm still low level, so not sure if they do or not or are having this added since this is still in open beta. Edit: No housing yet. I really enjoy the PVP and I can't believe I do! I'm NOT a PVP gal at all but the PVP variety is very good. It's very unbalanced in arena but I do think it will improve.

Snail, really needs to differentiate the differences in in game currency. There is valor, black gold, honor, gold & silver, Time vial currency in the Vial store that's sold. There is quite a lot there and hopefully the developers will make it clearer to people.

There are Prisons in the game for people who go on killing sprees. There are different tiers of wanted player killers with different names for the wanted levels. I think the player killers who kill 80 people or more immediately die and are sent immediately to jail. 

There is SO much to do besides questing, it's a very nice change! The graphics are beautiful! I actually created 2 male characters because instead of ugly, the males are cute! LOL. The FPS right off the bat for me is at least 60 FPS and does drop in some areas but never drops below 30 as far as I can tell. The mounts are extremely cool. I repeat...extremely cool. You would have to play the game to see them to see what I'm mean since the official Wiki to my knowledge doesn't contain pictures yet of them. I prefer the Steampunk modern type Faction honestly with the motorcycles etc BUT the Avatar side does have nice animal mounts too. The mech bots are just more powerful on the modern side. Motorcycles, c'mon how cool is that. There many different types including flying mounts which is incorporated really well into the game. It's this attention to detail that is very refreshing.

The classes are abundant. You have Steampunk and then the Fantasy faction. It will take a week no doubt to get to know each of them if you are planning on playing all of them. I still haven't played all of them but have definite favorites. Excellent classes, very pleasing animations of the spells too. I have stared at the screen at the spell animations at times. The races are interesting too but I wish there were more.

Favorite classes so far are: Skycaller because it kicks heiny. I soloed a beginner level 15 dungeon while I died on all the other classes I tried. It kills fast plain and simple. I survived time trials longest of any class I have tried so far except Pyromancer. Pyromancer is my next favorite. Kills super fast and is fun as hell. Both Skycaller and Pyromancer are awesome in PVE. PVP, they are super fun. Thaumaturge is a blast too with their combat pets. Also very good for PVE and solo questing. Spellsword hits hard and kills fast as well. Great PVP class and fun PVE class. Beastmaster is a lot of fun period! You can't go wrong with BM in PVE. Haven't tried it in PVP since she's very low level. Geomancer and Occultist are excellent healers. Occultists have amazing heals at high levels I was told. I could go on but this is turning into a novel. I'm sorry for the wall of text.

Vampire and Shapeshifter races are coming. Racial traits do help classes in a small way. Also, The costume's and fashion are damn cool. I only wish Archeage had their type of clothes. Kind of puts AA to shame to be honest. The only thing I don't like is the heavily sexualized female clothes but sadly that's the way it is. Thankfully you have costumes and can get  clothes that don't look prostitute at all.

I would say give BGO a look, particularly if you play Archage or are considering AA. Yes, the payment system is definitely different but I haven't found any reason to spend a single dime. Heck, just give it a try. I almost gave up on the game on my first day but thank goodness I played it a bit more. You can't get bored in BGO, that's for sure. I would be shocked to see the Wildstar "I'm bored" type of posts in BGO's official forum.

They even have Weekend events in the game. They give you gold and goodies on a daily basis for logging in and completing all kinds of stuff. Veterans have new chances to earn cool stuff apparently but I'm not familiar with the Veteran stuff sorry. THIS is cool! Typical of Free to play games, yes but hey, better than a lot of subscription games. VIP should be account wide and this is the only big weakness I can find so far in the game. Would love to pay for VIP but would have to be near vet level and IN LOVE with my character to pay for VIP. I saw quite a few high levels with the VIP status above their heads, so some definitely must love their characters.

Hope my little review has helped anyone. It's not a perfect game at all, it has flaws but hey..for what it is, it is fun for me personally so far.