Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] ArcheAge: Patches Make Perfect

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

A few days ago Trion Worlds announced that ArcheAge’s beta events would be delayed by a couple weeks in order to incorporate Patch 1.2, a collection of content, balance and feature tweaks. What does this update change and why is it so important to ArcheAge’s success in Trion’s territories? For answers to those questions, rewind the ArcheAge timeline one year.

Read more of Mark Wilhelm's ArcheAge: Patches Make Perfect.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Billr00Billr00 Member UncommonPosts: 135
    What book are you talking about Royal Road? author? cant find much on google under royal road + book .. I loved Ready Player One so if Royal Road is anything like it I'd definitely read it 
  • MarkJWMarkJW ColumnistMember Posts: 226
    Originally posted by Billr00
    What book are you talking about Royal Road? author? cant find much on google under royal road + book .. I loved Ready Player One so if Royal Road is anything like it I'd definitely read it 

It's a Korean light novel that's been fan-translated. At times it's difficult to read, but I'm not-so-secretly hoping it gets translated officially some day. You can read it here: http://www.royalroadl.com/table-of-content/

• JeepEscapeJeepEscape Member UncommonPosts: 64
    I bought alpha and played it casually for a couple months to level 20 something.  LOVED IT and forced myself to walk way until this patch and the last wipe happens. I learned enough to know the game rocks, and I barely scratched the surface of what it offers.   I'm sure I'll be enjoying this game for at least a year.  Will be nice to have a fantastic MMO to play this Winter.  It has been so long for me.
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

i got the cheapest of the founders packs.. the 50 dollar one... and trying to keep the willpower not to upgrade it to the one that lets u play alpha heh.

its looking better and better.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• NelnernaaNelnernaa Member Posts: 9
    Damage control at it's best. Take note folks.
    Originally posted by Nelnernaa
    Damage control at it's best. Take note folks.

We must enhance our security. :^)

For reals though: if I was shilling for Trion, I would probably have a job there already.

• BlaedusBlaedus Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Dunno bout Ready Player One, but the name of the second VRMMORPG Korean Light Novel is The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor. "Royal Road" is name of the VRMMORPG that LMS actually takes place in.

And yes, I did just create an account just to clarify that.
    Originally posted by Blaedus
    Dunno bout Ready Player One, but the name of second VRMMORPG Korean Light Novel is The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor. "Royal Road" is name of VRMMORPG that LMS is takes place in.

And yes, I did just create an account just to clarify that.

Thanks, I'll get it corrected.

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

Nice Article Mark.

Im one of those who didnt like the Trion changing plans, and even suspect them.

Going to take your word (and other posters around) that launching beta with 1.2 was the best decision and will provide a better experience to players. 

• bloodbonebloodbone Member Posts: 142

Ya obviously there is a bit more to do then convert 70,000 words but really not a lot.  The programing is all in place, testing done.  Now 70,000 words may sound like a lot buts its not even half a standard novel and considering you can probably use translation software then go back and correct the errors this could be done by a single motivated person in 1 or 2.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    Jezuz of all the times to do this they had to pick the day before my wedding anniversary, no kidding. Now I will probably end up  playing half the night to get a full size farm on the new server and will be half dead tomorrow when the wife will be rightfully expecting my full attention. Could be worse I suppose they could have released on my anniversary, then I would probably ber shobbing for a good divorce lawyer. But then maybe not my wife put up with my all night Half Life and Quake matches so she has a pretty thick skin

I miss DAoC

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    As a person who's been loving this game since day 1 of alpha - I hate this patch. Turned everything upside down. Hopefully it will smooth out before launch.
  • Ragnar1337Ragnar1337 Member CommonPosts: 70

This patch is a disaster. It completely reworked everything to be more dependent on cash shopping and brought in much hated aspects from every other MMO we were trying to get away from. Special pvp gear with toughness and resilience? Really? I'm done with this game and moving on.

Trion used this fake alpha to sell founders packs for a game most of the founders now despise. Shady as hell to even call this a sandbox game at this point. Trion is desperately trying to hide the negative things about this game because it has nothing else that is making them any money. 

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

I came into the Alpha late so this is the first time of having the opportunity of owning land in a non Hostile zone so I am loving it. My favorite aspect is basing your land tax off your LP, keeps players from being too greedy, Gold comes easy in this game so it was not an issue for seasoned players to have 4 small farm plots, a large farm and large farm house. Now you have to make some hard choices. What do you want to spend those labor points on boys and girls ? Houses or crafting?

Just got my large farm scarecrow and I am looking hard at whether I want to keep my small house and do some crafting or keep all my farmland and do the trade and supply route. One thing is for certain you won't see acres and acres of small farm scarecrows sitting on empty lots littering the housing areas now

I miss DAoC