Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MortalOnline survey

CrydexCrydex Member CommonPosts: 23

I played Mortal Online when it was in beta and at release, and stopped playing after a year or so. Recently, I received an email from StarVault asking for player feed back.  Here's the email:

It's been a while since we've seen you in Nave and we would like to extend this invitation to return to Mortal Online or let us know why you left. While Mortal Online is constantly growing and evolving into something better, it's very important to us to know about any concerns our players have while they play this game. If you'd like to give Mortal Online another try to see what's been added and changed in the past months, check the bottom of this letter; however, if you'd rather not return just yet, we'd love to know why.

Please take a moment to visit the below website address and voice your opinion.

Here was my reply - and everything is true:

There is entirely too much Game Master corruption in this game as well as a lack of cheat detection.

I personally have witnessed Game Masters (Discord) and other volunteer Game Masters screwing with average players.  How do I know this you ask? [mod edit - removing program details] This program enabled me to see invisible clients near me which included Game Masters.  GMs  would auto kill players, kill mounts, or straight up take shit out of players bags/inventories.

Now I wasn't proud of using the program and I never used to to gain an unfair advantage on other players, I merely used it to confirm my suspicions on Game Master abuse. I could go on and on about how the duping, game master corruption and favoritism given to certain players has ruined this game, but who would care anyway?

Comments

• anaccount74anaccount74 Member Posts: 5
    How are you sure that the gms werent simply trying to fix one of the many many inventory bugs around. Often, i require a gm to clean out my inventory and bank to try and fix them when they are bugged, because they are extremely broken. Im not exactly speaking to them opening, and i dont know where they are so i cant face them, so it may look like they're behind me pickpocketing or something.   So what made what you saw special? Post specific examples and names if your going to make accusations like this.
  • alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Originally posted by anaccount74
    How are you sure that the gms werent simply trying to fix one of the many many inventory bugs around. Often, i require a gm to clean out my inventory and bank to try and fix them when they are bugged, because they are extremely broken. Im not exactly speaking to them opening, and i dont know where they are so i cant face them, so it may look like they're behind me pickpocketing or something.   So what made what you saw special? Post specific examples and names if your going to make accusations like this.

Fixing such stuff for players often involves player being offline when the process starts.

And yeah, the very idea attempting any action (regardless if by player or gm) in such "stealthy" way looks like abuse.

• myndziussmyndziuss Member UncommonPosts: 26
    But where are the pics tho?

• mal.chia.66mal.chia.66 Member CommonPosts: 19
    Originally posted by Crydex

I played Mortal Online when it was in beta and at release, and stopped playing after a year or so. Recently, I received an email from StarVault asking for player feed back.  Here's the email:

It's been a while since we've seen you in Nave and we would like to extend this invitation to return to Mortal Online or let us know why you left. While Mortal Online is constantly growing and evolving into something better, it's very important to us to know about any concerns our players have while they play this game. If you'd like to give Mortal Online another try to see what's been added and changed in the past months, check the bottom of this letter; however, if you'd rather not return just yet, we'd love to know why.

There is entirely too much Game Master corruption in this game as well as a lack of cheat detection.

I personally have witnessed Game Masters (Discord) and other volunteer Game Masters screwing with average players.  How do I know this you ask? [mod edit - removing program details] This program enabled me to see invisible clie/nts near me which included Game Masters.  GMs  would auto kill players, kill mounts, or straight up take shit out of players bags/inventories.

Now I wasn't proud of using the program and I never used to to gain an unfair advantage on other players, I merely used it to confirm my suspicions on Game Master abuse. I could go on and on about how the duping, game master corruption and favoritism given to certain players has ruined this game, but who would care anyway?

Why don't you try providing  them with some constructive feedback about the game instead of wining about something that you cannot prove

• mal.chia.66mal.chia.66 Member CommonPosts: 19

QFT

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by mal.chia.66

I personally have witnessed Game Masters (Discord) and other volunteer Game Masters screwing with average players.  How do I know this you ask? [mod edit - removing program details] This program enabled me to see invisible clie/nts near me which included Game Masters.  GMs  would auto kill players, kill mounts, or straight up take shit out of players bags/inventories.

Why don't you try providing  them with some constructive feedback about the game instead of wining about something that you cannot prove

Well, mr. 'not at all conspicuous forum account from 06 with 19 posts'- I will answer that...

Because "constructive feedback' has never worked with MO...And there is tons of evidence of GMs cheating (vids even) and a great majority of players knows exactly what is going on (and has been)

MO and SV have always been and will always be a train wreck based on the culture of this company from the CEO on down. Things will never change...

This many years later and very few people left caring about MO - I doubt this is going to change anytime soon unless and until Henrick is replaced (along with discord and others) or the game is sold to someone competent.

• anaccount74anaccount74 Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by alterfenix

Fixing such stuff for players often involves player being offline when the process starts.

And yeah, the very idea attempting any action (regardless if by player or gm) in such "stealthy" way looks like abuse.

never had that done while i was offline. Always online. If that's all the evidence you have, then meh.

• NajwalaylahNajwalaylah Member UncommonPosts: 85

I played Mortal Online when it was in beta and at release, and stopped playing after a year or so...

This program enabled me to see invisible clients near me which included Game Masters.  GMs  would auto kill players, kill mounts, or straight up take shit out of players bags/inventories. Now I wasn't proud of using the program and I never used to to gain an unfair advantage on other players, I merely used it to confirm my suspicions on Game Master abuse.

I took this post seriously to the point of asking friends and associates about the information in it, and what I got was that there is "no such program to see 'invisible clients', or" they said, they'd know about it.

These are people some of whom know strange and terrible things that can be done to games like MO and how to do them if they wanted to do so, and who have complaints of their own about SV's offerings-- but they say what you're relating isn't something there is a way to do, as far as they know. Interesting.

Casilda Tametomo, Priestess of Soldeus | AKA Lepida Aegis-Imperium.com

«Si oblitus fuero usque ad finem omnia opera eorum»

• koira1koira1 Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Originally posted by Najwalaylah

*snip*

I took this post seriously to the point of asking friends and associates about the information in it, and what I got was that there is "no such program to see 'invisible clients', or" they said, they'd know about it.

These are people some of whom know strange and terrible things that can be done to games like MO and how to do them if they wanted to do so, and who have complaints of their own about SV's offerings-- but they say what you're relating isn't something there is a way to do, as far as they know. Interesting.

then those people dont know or have  that much information/skill about memory reading/packet sniffing, which are quite commonly used in radar-like hacks (there are other ways to do it as well), from what i can gather the MO client does alot of the work client side (at least they used to, not sure if its true to this day) so hack like radars could be made to work on parallel with client to draw certain things on screen with the information obtained from the packets. just because a GM character is there, invisible to the client, they still most likely have their character entity information sent which can be intercepted. but if instead they would just mess around with database information outside of the game they woudlnt need to be ingame for it... well i drifted a bit from teh subject at hand..

TL,DR: Just because one group of people doesnt have information/skill on how/where to do it, doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300
    Originally posted by koira1

*snip*

then those people dont know or have  that much information/skill about memory reading/packet sniffing, which are quite commonly used in radar-like hacks (there are other ways to do it as well), from what i can gather the MO client does alot of the work client side (at least they used to, not sure if its true to this day) so hack like radars could be made to work on parallel with client to draw certain things on screen with the information obtained from the packets. just because a GM character is there, invisible to the client, they still most likely have their character entity information sent which can be intercepted. but if instead they would just mess around with database information outside of the game they woudlnt need to be ingame for it... well i drifted a bit from teh subject at hand..

TL,DR: Just because one group of people doesnt have information/skill on how/where to do it, doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

If the group of people Casilda is refering to  are Aegis Imperium then will explain in a simple way why they are clueless regarding 3rd party tools: AI used to have the majority (since release and for some time after- tbh i dont know if they still have GM's) of volunteers working for SV and destroying the game experience for many other people by giving the example on how to abuse Gm/ moderator etc priviledges. Ofc those people dont have a clue about what can be done in MO since they arent professionals in any other way than trying to abuse other people and take advantages against them.

You should have stayed with Wessex Cassilda. They had GM's and councilors too but they never abused any of their powers to my knowledge.

Originally posted by argirop

Originally posted by Crydex *snip*
    I took this post seriously to the point of asking friends and associates about the information in it, and what I got was that there is "no such program to see 'invisible clients', or" they said, they'd know about it.   These are people some of whom know strange and terrible things that can be done to games like MO and how to do them if they wanted to do so, and who have complaints of their own about SV's offerings-- but they say what you're relating isn't something there is a way to do, as far as they know. Interesting.
    then those people dont know or have  that much information/skill about memory reading/packet sniffing, which are quite commonly used in radar-like hacks (there are other ways to do it as well), from what i can gather the MO client does alot of the work client side (at least they used to, not sure if its true to this day) so hack like radars could be made to work on parallel with client to draw certain things on screen with the information obtained from the packets. just because a GM character is there, invisible to the client, they still most likely have their character entity information sent which can be intercepted. but if instead they would just mess around with database information outside of the game they woudlnt need to be ingame for it... well i drifted a bit from teh subject at hand..   TL,DR: Just because one group of people doesnt have information/skill on how/where to do it, doesnt mean it doesnt exist.
    If the group of people Casilda is refering to  are Aegis Imperium then will explain in a simple way why they are clueless regarding 3rd party tools: AI used to have the majority (since release and for some time after- tbh i dont know if they still have GM's) of volunteers working for SV and destroying the game experience for many other people by giving the example on how to abuse Gm/ moderator etc priviledges. Ofc those people dont have a clue about what can be done in MO since they arent professionals in any other way than trying to abuse other people and take advantages against them.

You should have stayed with Wessex Casilda. They had GM's and councilors too but they never abused any of their powers to my knowledge.

If you mean that AI is in the forefront of reporting exploitable bugs, thanks.

You drifted quite a bit from the subject at hand, which is that there is no such program to see invisible clients in Mortal Online.

And staying with Wessex, because of the Duke of Wessex (whose attitude with regard to the people who'd been playing Mortal Online for him from July of 2012 until last summer can be summed up in the fact that he "summarily" dissolved the guild), hasn't been a good idea for quite some time. Best thing most of us who left ever did in gaming was to leave it for the Kingdom of Wessex and elsewhere.

Finally, you can't name all the GMs or counselors who are in Aegis Imperium. You try. I'll wait.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Necro much?
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

Originally posted by Talonsin
    Necro much?
    How often do you expect me to check these forums? Keeping in mind that I don't care what you expect =)

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

Necro much?

How often do you expect me to check these forums? Keeping in mind that I don't care what you expect =)

If you dont care then why reply?  You Necro poster....

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    How is this a necro post?  The conversation is still valid unless they had a complete overhaul of their game within the past 5 months.  I played MO for a few weeks and never saw any GM corruption.  So IDK what this guy is talking about or the validity his claim.  The problem I had with the game is the way it is moderated.  But that is clearly stated in their rules.
    Are you onto something or just on something?

Originally posted by argirop

Originally posted by Crydex *snip*
    I took this post seriously to the point of asking friends and associates about the information in it, and what I got was that there is "no such program to see 'invisible clients', or" they said, they'd know about it.   These are people some of whom know strange and terrible things that can be done to games like MO and how to do them if they wanted to do so, and who have complaints of their own about SV's offerings-- but they say what you're relating isn't something there is a way to do, as far as they know. Interesting.
    then those people dont know or have  that much information/skill about memory reading/packet sniffing, which are quite commonly used in radar-like hacks (there are other ways to do it as well), from what i can gather the MO client does alot of the work client side (at least they used to, not sure if its true to this day) so hack like radars could be made to work on parallel with client to draw certain things on screen with the information obtained from the packets. just because a GM character is there, invisible to the client, they still most likely have their character entity information sent which can be intercepted. but if instead they would just mess around with database information outside of the game they woudlnt need to be ingame for it... well i drifted a bit from teh subject at hand..   TL,DR: Just because one group of people doesnt have information/skill on how/where to do it, doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

You should have stayed with Wessex Casilda. They had GM's and councilors too but they never abused any of their powers to my knowledge.

If you mean that AI is in the forefront of reporting exploitable bugs, thanks.

You drifted quite a bit from the subject at hand, which is that there is no such program to see invisible clients in Mortal Online.

And staying with Wessex, because of the Duke of Wessex (whose attitude with regard to the people who'd been playing Mortal Online for him from July of 2012 until last summer can be summed up in the fact that he "summarily" dissolved the guild), hasn't been a good idea for quite some time. Best thing most of us who left ever did in gaming was to leave it for the Kingdom of Wessex and elsewhere.

Finally, you can't name all the GMs or counselors who are in Aegis Imperium. You try. I'll wait.

AI was in the forefront of obtaining things that they wouldnt under regular circuimstances. Including a keep. They even defended it against siege by laughable methods. Now if there is or there isnt a programm that is supposed to reveal hidden clients its smt i dont have a clue. And its not the subject of this thread. The subject of this thread is that the majority of the playerbase who volunteered for a GM/ councilor spot in MO abused it at some point. You ve made your "subject at hand" if there is or isnt such a programm. I possibly couldnt care less but it kinda feels disturbing that one person will make up such a story like the OP did.

Regarding Duchy of Wsx you got me all wrong. I left them too when they disolved the guild during the leadership conflict. I wasnt happy with the fact that leaders where trying to force RP in aspects of the game that simply couldnt. Even now cant stop laughing when i bring back in mind the memory of Bastor leading 30+ players from WSX and allied guilds to a full wipe from 10 AQ while he was still trying to complete a single sentence regarding the usefulness of banners. When he realized what happened and finished his sentence he was like "seriously can someone explain to me wtf was just happened?". I ve just wanted to point out that members of WSX where mature enough not to abuse GM powers like AI did in several occasions and the only one that did was kicked from WSX and from councilor program after action was taken from WSX members.

Finally i cant and i wont. I dont have to try anything, you dont have to w8. All MO's veterans who where playing around release know who AI was. Several months ago they managed to impress me though, when i lastly visited MO official forums and some of them where  actively running around unpunished insulting people who where raising up legitimate concerns regarding MO and its developement. 

Sorry for the late reply but in all honesty theres absolutely nothing regarding MO that interrests me. I was just wondering if SV's kindergarden crew have implemented any patches in game or if they simply left the game die allready.

Originally posted by filmoret
    How is this a necro post?  The conversation is still valid unless they had a complete overhaul of their game within the past 5 months.  I played MO for a few weeks and never saw any GM corruption.  So IDK what this guy is talking about or the validity his claim.  The problem I had with the game is the way it is moderated.  But that is clearly stated in their rules.

How can you possibly notice any game corruption after few weeks of playing specialy in a game like MO that has a looong learning curve. Its impossible to fully comprehend the game mechanics and adjust to them in a few weeks.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    I still enjoy going back to MO now and then the game has come a long way really its just at the moment I have too many other games to play and dont have the time to put into it.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Necro much?

If you dont care then why reply?  You Necro poster....

Well, I had no idea about this problem so I appreciate his post no matter how you label it.  This is a discussion forum and his topic was very helpful, while your comments were not.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Originally posted by Amjoco

Well, I had no idea about this problem so I appreciate his post no matter how you label it.  This is a discussion forum and his topic was very helpful, while your comments were not.

You gotta be 100% sure that wasnt her intention :D

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

You check the dates in this forum?

So few people play this POS that if you respond to almost any thread it is a necro.

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906

Originally posted by Burntvet You check the dates in this forum? So few people play this POS that if you respond to almost any thread it is a necro.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/426383

This is for you.

Are you onto something or just on something?
  • ManezaoManezao Member UncommonPosts: 24
    This game worth a try???
  • StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    Originally posted by Manezao
    This game worth a try???

Ban??!

[quote]Originally posted by argiropFinally i cant and i wont. I dont have to try anything, you dont have to w8. All MO's veterans who where playing around release know who AI was. Several months ago they managed to impress me though, when i lastly visited MO official forums and some of them where  actively running around unpunished insulting people who where raising up legitimate concerns regarding MO and its developement. 

Sorry for the late reply ...[/b][/quote]

It's never too early or too late for a troll to lie like a rug. Your rhetoric amounts to "I have no facts, but everyone knows what I say is true." Cool beans. Given SV's penchant for punishing, I frankly have to assume that whatever you're blathering on without details about us being unpunished for 'several months ago' wasn't wrong or insulting. If you hate everything we have to say, you should come back more often, as there is plenty of it.

SV has recently hired a new guy. Perhaps their schedule will pick up because of this, or perhaps not.

They do continue to waffle about or 'ignore' (sometimes, I think, just 'lose track of') many of the concerns of Aegis Imperium and of everyone else for the development of the game, but we managed to push through a few things-- an improvement in the way guild invites are handled, for one-- and the long-delayed Magic Update hasn't been declared impossible, yet, so there is that.

I still can't recommend the game.