Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Servers down?

PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
Just had the game disconnect and now looks like the website is down too? don't think there is any maintenance scheduled, so, is this a DDOS ? or just something a bit more mundane?image

Comments

• NirvyNirvy Member Posts: 73

IF you are in the UK the internet has gone nuts,

http://downdetector.co.uk/problems/bt-british-telecom

Many people cannot access sites outside of the UK

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Second that, just logged off myself. Servers (and the website too) are live and kicking. And with the usual population, more or less, it seemed like a typical Sat. morning. Probably it's a local ISP issue.

edit: logged back to check it, all the Eu servers are available with standard/light population, and it's nothing on twitter about it yet, the last post is the announcement of the double xp week (meaning twitter is alive too).

I believe our connection is going through NL, but I've tried to check some UK pages, they're available too from the outside.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    In the UK and oddly enough BT is my ISP... thought it was a bit weird that even twitter was apparently 'unavailable' too.. still you'd think that the national ISP for the UK would have their  .... together.. imageimage
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    UK North West here - yep, same issue. Tried connecting to a couple of games - not having any of it. Local web pages - bbc etc are ok though.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Well, after discovering the problem was BT, i changed the routers dns settings to not use them, using opendns for the moment, which is ridiculously slow, but at least it works, here is hoping BT fix their stuff asp!image