Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer 40.000: Eternal Crusade: Founder Pack Giveaway!

Comments

• TK-KTTK-KT Member Posts: 1

In a game back in 5th, Dark Eldar versus Tyranids. The field was lost for the dark kin, but a couple of wyches were struggling against a mob of termagaunts nearby a victory point. They were only 2, and they fought for 2 rounds of waves and waves of termagaunts coming from a nearby Tervigon, being able to, in the last assault phase of the game, kill an unit, consolidate 3UM, and capture the point, making the game a draw.

Some fine wyches they were.

• Valrak40kValrak40k Member UncommonPosts: 77

What can I say? My greatest moment was seeing the founder packs go live and knowing that this game meant business! 

I have been waiting years for this moment, when I founded VM (My guild, 3 years ago) with the idea of becoming the greatest and most renown Chapter in DMO I thought that we finally had something to be proud of, something to show what it meant to be a true son of the Emperor, but it was not to be. With the demise of THQ, our dreams had been slaughtered, our hearts were shattered, our crusade was crushed with single swing of the sword. We thought that we would fade into myth, legends that what only echo in the eternal void of space, but it was not to be! The battle was not lost, in a single moment of sheer blinding light, a new path was set before us, a path to finally show what we could become, a path that would lead us to victory, bring vengeance to our foes and bring untold glory to our chapter, we finally had our Eternal Crusade!

To sum it up, this was my reaction when the site went live:

• ICEBLUEICEBLUE Member UncommonPosts: 58
    I have been involved since the first rule set was released for 40k, collected them all, have 8 armies and played a lot of games, the most fun I even had though was recently introducing my 6 year old son to the game.  When his Orks over ran my marines, I never heard the end of it :)
  • sludgebeardsludgebeard Member RarePosts: 788

Great moment was watching a tabletop tournament my friends had. I had no idea what was going on, but they were moving these minature tank armys into battle against one another, I was maybe 12 at the time when the imagination is still soaring with these types of events. 

Anyways what proceeded was this massive tank onslaught, tremendous amounts of strategy on both sides (Think Rome Total War with minitures) with a whole group of us just watching and cheering. 

It was easily one of the biggest gaming experiances of my life, and I had no real involvement in the game itself, just watching two great minds battle it out in their own Warhammer made universe was good enough for us!

• prisbyprisby Member Posts: 1
    Best was playing fire warrior and getting to the end without chewing my arms off; never again...
  • VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    My favorite Warhammer 40K memory was playing WH40K: Space Marine and the feeling of raw power that was so well designed into that experience. You truly felt like a Space Maine. On top of that the whole Titan sequence blew me away.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• MomoRazorBladeMomoRazorBlade Member Posts: 1
    My best experience in the 40K universe was the Dawn of War series, since to my great displeasure, the table top never took root in the country which I live in. I must say that the moment I played dawn of war, I fell in love with the space marines, their quotes, their voices and of course, their epic war cries. 
  • R3fr4ct0rR3fr4ct0r Member Posts: 1
    I have been waiting 46 years for an online version of 40K!
  • ghebbethghebbeth Member Posts: 1
    My favorite 40k moment was my first battle using the Tyranids. The swarm mentality was a lot of fun to play out on the tabletop
  • SnakeEndSnakeEnd Member UncommonPosts: 18
    My favorite moments were playing Dawn of War 2 with my friends and reading the Eisenhorn and Ravenor omnibuses by Dan Abnett. Looking forward to reading the Pariah and in the meantime enjoying the Gaunt's Ghost series. 
  • terrance42terrance42 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    I have played the table top game and loved it. My favorite was war hammer 40k epic. It was always so much fun. Chaos space marines were my favorite race to play.
  • TigaKingaTigaKinga Member Posts: 1
    My Favorite 40k moment as in Dawn of war Dark Crusade when i found this game it was so new to me and reaaly liked  the story i completed the story with all races and started to read and buy books and from then to now i am a warhammer 40k fan i have pleyed all the games and i am looking very forward to this and play this game ;) I hope i win it will be great ;) 
  • NeverasNeveras Member UncommonPosts: 303
    Playing Rogue Trader as a group of Orks was probably my favouritest moment. Tabletop and playing until 3 in the morning. While no one moment stands out it was one of my most favourite roleplaying experiences.
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    My fondest memories of Warhammer 40k is playing Dawn of War with my two sons. We have had endless fun playing the game.
  • HuguberahtHuguberaht Member Posts: 1

My best experience with Warhammer 40k was playing the Dawn of War series... When first DoW came out I lived at a village with no internet acces, so my friend and I in order to play multi, were forced to drag our PC's, and freaking heavy CRT monitors to each other houses just to make a LAN connection, and play whole nights, and even weekends... those were the days! I'm getting a bit nostalgic every time I recall them :)

Currently I'm still playing DoW II with Elite mod ;)

• DhampirDhampir Member UncommonPosts: 161
    A friend of mine got me hooked on painting the figures, so I decided to start me a squad of blood angels.  We had a table match at his house on the kitchen table.  We had all kinds of terrain set up..(cans...bottles...pans...everything u can imagine from the kitchen)  He was playing the Orcs and had a lot more experience than I.  We played for 4 hours and that was 15years ago.  We have since moved on with our lives and live in different states.  We still talk about that experience to this day.  I now have a son who I have just introduced to the warhammer experience, haven't played any matches yet, but he is learning how to paint the figures first.  I am hoping for some late nights making memories with my son that will last a life time. 
    “Nothing is trivial.”
    ― James O'Barr, The Crow

“Sarah: "Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever...”
    ― James O'Barr, The Crow

• HermitGGHermitGG Member Posts: 1
    Started off with the first DoW game. Most memorable moments were the screams of Bale. :D
  • CartalgashCartalgash Member Posts: 1
    My favourite 40k experience was with the tabletop and my first real game after getting back into the hobby from a 5 year absence. I'd just restarted my Space Wolves army and got to field a thunderwolf cavalry unit for the first time. They got utterly shot to bits and the Wolf Lord had to flee on 1 wound or get shot to bits XD
  • MalasorteMalasorte Member UncommonPosts: 56
    well i dont have an experience with the title but i would like to make some with this game if i win a pack :)
  • Chrono223Chrono223 Member UncommonPosts: 46

Fighting Orks in Space Marine was an amazing experience.. the crushing. the blood and the storyline!! I think they did a great job with the combat and  the game was not easy and needed some getting use to.  

• hayes303hayes303 Member UncommonPosts: 430

I would have to say Dawn of War Dark Crusade. I played that game for hours and hours. Still check it out now and again.

• QFessQQFessQ Member Posts: 1
    My favorite Warhammer 40k experience was the tabletop fight of my Chaos army(with pretty big group of daemons and sorcerer) versus Space Marine army with some Grey Knights -_-
    it was really hard game, but i was a little bit better player and my enemy was quite unlucky
    finally, I won it :)
  • orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493

Finally figuring out how to win with my 4th edition Dark Eldars...XD.

Need to pick up that army again, working on ork and always adding to my Black Templar army. ^^

But in writing this, I guess my favorite experience in 40k ever was when I first discovered the hobby oh so many years ago!!! Still collect and paint!! And play!!

• lekozalekoza Member Posts: 1
    My favorite 40K moment was when i was playing DoW1 with my friends way back when. We would all have insane LAN matches and usually do 3v3s. That's when I introduced my friends to 40k back then. They kinda liked it since they were familiar with RTS games but none of them really got hooked on it like i did.
  • kwubbykwubby Member Posts: 2
    Nothing better than an extremely small Grey knights army kicking the butt of an opponent with 2 to 3 times the mini's. Definitely feel super human after that experience! 
This discussion has been closed.