Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any news on those refunds?

Just curious if anyone has heard anything regarding their refund yet?

I can understand there being a slight delay processing them... but 2 weeks or more seems a tad excessive.

Comments

• nikeliznikeliz Member CommonPosts: 51

Anashel posted this yesterday:

Originally posted by Anashel

All Pay Pal refunds has been done. Crowdtilt is having issue refunds. It should have been done already. We are keeping a lot of pressure on them as we found it not acceptable

Fingers crossed that it will come through today.

A.K.A. nikel

• Logic_CrashLogic_Crash Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by nikeliz

Anashel posted this yesterday:

All Pay Pal refunds has been done. Crowdtilt is having issue refunds. It should have been done already. We are keeping a lot of pressure on them as we found it not acceptable

Fingers crossed that it will come through today.

So Crowdtilt are having 'problems' issuing refunds their end?

As the likely hood of it being processed during the middle of a day are slim, and if the problem is Crowdtilt are having issues setting refund procedures in motion, then the chances of anything before next week seem slim.

As not only do Crowdtilt have to issue the refunds their end, but they then those transactions have to be processed our end. 

*sigh*

Edit: That said, I could have sworn I had gone via Paypal but checking my Paypal transactions I see no record of the pledge. I do have record of the transaction from my bank, and a confirmation e-mail from D66 confirming the pledge though, so guess I must have gone through Crowdtilt without even realising it.

If there's still nothing by Monday I'll send a direct support e-mail with details to find out WTF is going on. Would be a shame to have to look into other routes to get the refund. :(

• DaxmortDaxmort Member Posts: 13
    I was coming to check this stuff out. At least Anashel is on top of it, knowing other people have yet to receive theirs is a little more comforting, knowing I've not been left out yet.
  • AnashelAnashel Member UncommonPosts: 200

Actually, all paypal are refunds and 25% of crowdtilt has been refunds. For some f*ck up reason, they have trouble processsing the first batch of pledge before paypal was introduce.

In any case I will talk to them on Monday. If they are not able to give me a confirmation of when the funds will be sent, I will offer manual refunds via paypal meanwhile. (full refunds, no 2.5% fees of course) But we will keep pressuring them to take the matters very seriously.

You will be contacted by email Monday. We are sorry for this, 14 days is indeed much too long.

• DaxmortDaxmort Member Posts: 13
    At least we know you're on top of it. :)

I will be back with more info but the refunds will start early this week. You will received an email directly from Crowdtilt with all the instructions and the various refunds options.

Sorry for the delay. We expected 10 days, sadly it took 7 - 10 days longer. I will give you an update as soon as I have one. They are located West Coast, so expect late update on Monday.

I will be back with more info but the refunds will start early this week. You will received an email directly from Crowdtilt with all the instructions and the various refunds options.

Sorry for the delay. We expected 10 days, sadly it took 7 - 10 days longer. I will give you an update as soon as I have one. They are located West Coast, so expect late update on Monday.

10:50pm BST here, and just coming up to the end of the working day on the West Coast I believe.

Still no e-mail from Crowdtilt about anything to do with refunds or the like.

I wrote to the VP of Crowdtilt and got no answers.

My last email (since I wrote many so far) was more threatening as I consider this situation damage our company's reputation. I also told them that if they are unable to fix it now, to give us the money and we will refunds everyone as we did with PayPal.

It took us 1/2 days to process manually all the 1 200 refunds. (Since some people had multiple pledge) We don't see why it should be longer then that to fix with their process.

My last email (since I wrote many so far) was more threatening as I consider this situation damage our company's reputation. I also told them that if they are unable to fix it now, to give us the money and we will refunds everyone as we did with PayPal.

It took us 1/2 days to process manually all the 1 200 refunds. (Since some people had multiple pledge) We don't see why it should be longer then that to fix with their process.

Things getting slightly weirder. From Crowdtilts FAQ:

What happens if my campaign doesn't tilt?

If your campaign didn’t tilt (AKA raise its goal amount), don’t worry! The good news is that there’s no need to issue any refunds because none of your contributors were charged. The even better news is that we have tons of tips for tilting success you can use for your next campaign here!

Yet looking at my bank statement, the funds WERE taken during April as soon as I pledged. Was paid to

"BAL*CHTHEBLACKWATCH"

• SantiakSantiak Member Posts: 130
    Originally posted by Logic_Crash

Things getting slightly weirder. From Crowdtilts FAQ:

What happens if my campaign doesn't tilt?

If your campaign didn’t tilt (AKA raise its goal amount), don’t worry! The good news is that there’s no need to issue any refunds because none of your contributors were charged. The even better news is that we have tons of tips for tilting success you can use for your next campaign here!

Yet looking at my bank statement, the funds WERE taken during April as soon as I pledged. Was paid to

"BAL*CHTHEBLACKWATCH"

While I do not know the specifics behind the deal, I do know that any mistakes made - and thus any issues that are occuring at the moment - are Crowdtilt's, and that Human Equation are doing everything they can to pressure Crowdtilt into handling it as soon as possible (as per Anashel's post above).

Keep in mind, before you get too paranoid about the issues Crowdtilt are having, that Human Equation have already manually refunded every PayPal purchase (those 1,200 refunds Anashel mentions), and that they've offered to reimburse those who were concerned about the 2.5% cut out of PayPal refunds (which they made sure to highlight during the pledging process, and which was PayPals doing) - in fact, looking at my own refund, I seem to have gotten the entire amount refunded, without the 2,5% cut.

So while any instance of monetary issues is unnerving and unpleasent, I'd keep in mind how HE have handled the PayPal issues, much to our favour, as well as the apology-presents they've given us, in the form of TSW in-game exclusive clothing - among other things - which I know has cost them quite a bit. Again, despite it not being their fault - neither in regards to PayPal refund cuts, the funding failing, nor Crowdtilts troubles - they've gone to great lengths to refund people already, and there's no reason to worry you won't get your Crowdtilt refund. :)

Finally got a E-mail from Crowdtilt informing me that they've finally processed my refund and that I should expect a e-mail with the status of the refund in the next 48 hours.

Progress! :)

@Santiak, I think you may have misunderstood the nature of my post about the Crowdtilt FAQ. I wasn't suggesting Human Equation were the ones in the wrong or doing anything bad or malicious.

I was highlighting that what Crowdtilt say and what they do seem to be two different things, and that the source of the problem seems firmly placed on Crowdtilt being the problem factor.

Just based on this alone I'll likely make sure other people who may be considering crowd funding ideas, are aware of the potential problems when dealing with Crowdtilt, and that there are probably much better options out there that won't say one thing, do another and potentially make hassle and aggro for honest groups that might do business with them.

But it's definitely CrowdTilts reputation that has been damaged by this whole thing, and not in any way Human Equation's.

• SantiakSantiak Member Posts: 130
    Originally posted by Logic_Crash

Finally got a E-mail from Crowdtilt informing me that they've finally processed my refund and that I should expect a e-mail with the status of the refund in the next 48 hours.

Progress! :)

@Santiak, I think you may have misunderstood the nature of my post about the Crowdtilt FAQ. I wasn't suggesting Human Equation were the ones in the wrong or doing anything bad or malicious.

I was highlighting that what Crowdtilt say and what they do seem to be two different things, and that the source of the problem seems firmly placed on Crowdtilt being the problem factor.

Just based on this alone I'll likely make sure other people who may be considering crowd funding ideas, are aware of the potential problems when dealing with Crowdtilt, and that there are probably much better options out there that won't say one thing, do another and potentially make hassle and aggro for honest groups that might do business with them.

But it's definitely CrowdTilts reputation that has been damaged by this whole thing, and not in any way Human Equation's.

Ah, I apologize about the misunderstanding, in that case. ^^