Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Damn lvl 35 but i just cant bring myself to play

2»

Comments

• seraphynxseraphynx Member UncommonPosts: 147
    What makes it great at 50?
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Then quit? I mean... its rather easy. Not everyone likes every game. Honestly to me the leveling experience was just fine, there were some iffy parts, yes, but thats every MMO I've ever played in my entire life. The good parts can be really good (aka farside/malgrave) which make up for some of the less 'stunning' parts. Dungeon wise yeah... they are hard. No offense to you... but its likely that it could of been on YOUR side that healers were flailing left and right. Tanks tend to be more gear dependant and not having the gear makes it extremely difficult to heal, not matter the gear. 

My advice is if you do see potential and aren't just 'into' the game and just the leveling, would be to try out PvP. ITs a little slower but you can work on pvp gear that way for 50, and it can be quite fun. Just an alternative way to level. if not, adventures are much easier then dungeons to do as an alternative (for the most part). 

• IceDarkIceDark Member UncommonPosts: 207
    Originally posted by Rush84

what to do what to do !!!!!!!

My guildies love this game but i just find it so boring !!!!!!

Most of them are 50 now and i just cant force myself to play any longer lol, 

Im level 35 and just cleared skullcano, im playing as a tank and it was horrible must of gone through about 10 different healers before one with heal gear actually came and was able to heal me... anyway cleared it and checked my xp bar and i did like 4 bars only so i cant even do multiple runs and get through a few levels.... so

Went back to questing and well logged off because i cant force myself to do anymore boring quests, i feel like im burnt out already and i only play 1 hour a day maybe 2 if im not bored out of my face, and yes im leveling slow :D not because i want to enjoy game more but just because its so fucking boring i cba to play more then an hour at a time...

This game seems like a second job more than it is fun , why cant we level from dungeons?, pvp is shit in this game too messy and too many bots but  bosses are awesome  in dungeons... 

my guildies say just bare with it get to 50 and then it gets fun.... is this true?

i find leveling in this game so very painful  im wondering if its going to be worth the torture this game will put me through if i decide to carry on lol, what should i do !!!!

Bit of advice.

Don't do any , and I mean any dungeons until level 50 by solo que. If you want to do them, do it with some of your guild members who knows what to do. Random players are well .. random :)

Also, try making the Regional , Zone campaign quests first , then if anything do some more tasks. Also, go full DPS with your setup. It will make your life more easier. 

You may try doing some adventures also, but .. it seems you really want to level up fast, so do :

Regional quests, zone quests, some task, full dps setup + some PvP here and there. PvP also reward you with good XP. 

I also had some moments where if I would had some cow's near me, I would have killed some because of the "A*#@&;*!@#@#@(GA#@ , the F#@* is THIS" :) But in the end, I knew Carbine followed the Vanilla WoW leveling curve, and I just calmed down, and do things like I said above. Now I am level 50 ! Doing adventures, daily's , pvp , craft ... :)

Well , hope you will also make it to level 50 !

Good luck.

The Ice is dark and full of terror.
  • PeZzyPeZzy Member UncommonPosts: 154

I got to admit, this game does feel like I am playing WoW 2.0, so I have lost interest in solo questing. Since around level 20 I have been doing 90% PvPing in battlegrounds - currently at 45. I am hoping after 50, the raids will give this game life.

I have been farming in Archeage when I get tired of Wildstar. Archeage has a nice mix of sandbox and theme park. Too much of one or the other can be painful.

• IceDarkIceDark Member UncommonPosts: 207
    Originally posted by bentrim
    OP could not agree MORE. Just hit 12 last night and I forced myself to make it that far, thinking I am wrong about this game too many people like it. Then I realized...NO I am not wrong, this is the most boring, meaningless, ugly (graphically speaking) game I have EVER played. GW2 at least kept my attention for a little while. ESO which I am going back to is MUCH more engaging.

So , you knew about the game ( ulgy gprahics ) yet, you bought it? Or it was a guest pass?

Have fun in ESO! :)

The Ice is dark and full of terror.
  • JellytoezzJellytoezz Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Haha I'm jealous guys. I might try it out when I get some cash. I miss MMOs
  • EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Don't worry OP, your not the only one.

I feel myself drifting away from this game as well, I thought I could do a month of it, but I am coming to the conclusion it is a certain type of mmo gamer that finds this game unique. I believe I see I seen this type of mmo before in the others I have played in the past and it's just not amazing me like the newer generation. It does feel like a job, maybe if they start introducing more classes that I can relate to I will find the drive to see the game through.

For now, I will just dabble in it till me 1st month ends, maybe the game bug will still bite me.

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997
    hrm am abit opposite here, this may very well become the first MMO since EQ2 that I reach max level....but then ofc it is "terrible" fast to level up.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Originally posted by Marpac

what to do what to do !!!!!!!

My guildies love this game but i just find it so boring !!!!!!

Most of them are 50 now and i just cant force myself to play any longer lol, 

Im level 35 and just cleared skullcano, im playing as a tank and it was horrible must of gone through about 10 different healers before one with heal gear actually came and was able to heal me... anyway cleared it and checked my xp bar and i did like 4 bars only so i cant even do multiple runs and get through a few levels.... so

Went back to questing and well logged off because i cant force myself to do anymore boring quests, i feel like im burnt out already and i only play 1 hour a day maybe 2 if im not bored out of my face, and yes im leveling slow :D not because i want to enjoy game more but just because its so fucking boring i cba to play more then an hour at a time...

This game seems like a second job more than it is fun , why cant we level from dungeons?, pvp is shit in this game too messy and too many bots but  bosses are awesome  in dungeons... 

my guildies say just bare with it get to 50 and then it gets fun.... is this true?

i find leveling in this game so very painful  im wondering if its going to be worth the torture this game will put me through if i decide to carry on lol, what should i do !!!!

Just quit playng... 

ye i think your right lo

i just always feel like i should be playing a mmorpg , i havent not played one for over a decade and im running out of options lol

im not rdy to go back to wow just yet rofl

anyone have any recommendations? 

Just go back to your old favorite mmo if its still around. Don't think about it just do it.  I did that with Anarchy online and i have no regrets. I had high hopes for Swordsman and its just like all the mmo's post Wow. For me i think thats what my major problems are with these newer games. They just don't have that old school mmo feel that i like. They don't feel like adult games to me. I like the complex character building in AO. I like being able to twink my lvl 40 character into lvl 60 or 70 lvl gear by learning how to make custom implants and getting the right medical buffs from doctors or enforcers to help me. and having high lvl friends advice me on how and what i need. Being able to take on higher tougher missions carefully. Having to pay attention to the fight every second or meeting death if you don't. All these newer games post wow have non of that. We got to stop looking for greener pastures in these new games and their bogus hype.

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530
    Not sure I completely understand OPs gripe. Is it that it's boring to quest, or is it just hard to reach max level. Are you in a rush to play with Guildmates and just want an auto level button, or are you just in a rush in general.
    My advise is to slow down and read through the lore that each zone is literally packed with; maybe stop trying to rush through the content in the quickest way possible.
    Personally, I'm glad it's a long road to level, I'm picking through every area/zone/hidden nook and uncovering all that I can. I know that it may not be your play style, but WS seems to have been made with a full load of content that can't be passed up easily unless you're trying to speed through.
    If you're frustrated now; just cannot bare the next 15 levels to 50; and have little to no interest in the actual content; then yea, hang it up and walk. It can be challenging, and it would seem that you're not up for it.
  • OriousOrious Member UncommonPosts: 548

So in other words.. ESO is great 1-50 and people (not everyone) hate the grind afterwards.... WS sucks 1-50 (not for everyone), but everyone loves it after you max?

Combine both games and you'll have the ultimate themepark.

• MirathelMirathel Member UncommonPosts: 137
    Did we really need another whine thread? If you cant play it or dont like the difficulty or hate the quests then stop playing. Its not the game, its you. 
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Originally posted by Satsunoryu
    Originally posted by seraphynx
    Originally posted by Satsunoryu
    I really don't understand posts like these.  If you don't like it, don't play it.  Why are you seeking therapy or counseling here for it?  Not trying to be rude, but it doesn't make sense to me.  There has to be something out there that's more fun for you to do at this point?

He said right in his OP his guildies play so he is trying to find a way to enjoy it to get to play with them

I get that, and I'm not even trying to be condescending or anything like that.  I just still don't get it.  Level 35 takes some work to get to in WildStar so if you don't like the game, not sure what anyone could tell you to change that, you know?  I got several community members/friends that I want to play games with, but we don't like the same stuff here lately.  It sucks but what do you do?  There is certainly no pro-tip or comment  that will convert you into liking WildStar if you don't like it at this point, unless you want to push to end-game and give it a whirl.

Please, enlighten us on what are the appropriate topics of discussion on this gaming site? The opinion / topic police on this web site are becoming rather annoying.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Originally posted by Mirathel
    Did we really need another whine thread? If you cant play it or dont like the difficulty or hate the quests then stop playing. Its not the game, its you. 

Your whine is no more valid than his, perhaps you should refrain from responding to threads you obviously have no interest in?  Turnabout is fair play, stop replying, it's not the topic, it's you.