Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Archlord 2 Character Creation - Both factions and genders (videos)

Alka_SetzerAlka_Setzer Member UncommonPosts: 167

Was surprised to see that the game isn't even listed on mmorpg.com so I can't really post this in its subforum. Hopefully this is fine here. You guys may know that Archlord 2 just entered it's closed beta phase today, I decided to go through most of the character creation presets (some of them are redundant) for both races and genders.

If this is in the wrong section, by all means feel free to report the thread or move it if you're a mod.

If anyone is interested here are the videos:

http://youtu.be/4JU-Fx9WcvE Azuni Human Female - 5 mins

http://youtu.be/C7Zv69qvGt0 Azuni Human Male - 4 mins 30s

http://youtu.be/JWoed62F0q8 Crunn Orc Female - 5 mins

http://youtu.be/LSig8-_2UNM Crunn Orc Male - 6 mins

There shouldn't be any ads on the videos as I don't make money off of youtube. If you want to download the videos and cut them up so they're shorter or whatever else you might want to do with them, go for it, I don't care. Just putting these up there in case someone wants to take a look at the character creation before downloading.

As far as I can see there aren't any sliders to fine tune the look of your character aside from a height slider. So if you're into that I didn't see it there, but there are still a pretty significant amount of presets you can mix and match, still very good imo.

Comments

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Not to sure about clicking a YOUTU link image
  • sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    Originally posted by Reklaw

They do actually go to youtube, I checked

I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • Alka_SetzerAlka_Setzer Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Originally posted by Reklaw

Go to youtube and click on the "share" tab underneath the views and to the right of about ;p

It's just their weird way of trying to make shorter links or something I guess.

• quostinquostin Member UncommonPosts: 4

It is a pretty decent game. Sadly, it doesn't have many weapons to choose from but still allow you to use all the weapons.

The opening screen shows someone using double hatchets and the website even shows someone using a bow. Both of those aren't in the game...

Originally posted by quostin

It is a pretty decent game. Sadly, it doesn't have many weapons to choose from but still allow you to use all the weapons.

The opening screen shows someone using double hatchets and the website even shows someone using a bow. Both of those aren't in the game...

I'm having fun with it so far. I think they might be adding more weapons later on but I could be completely wrong.

The bow is in the game, it's just for the Orcs/Crunn so if you chose Azuni you wont see it (although they get a crossbow).

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,403

ONly 2 races so far then?

Orc and Human?

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

Originally posted by Asm0deus

ONly 2 races so far then?

Orc and Human?

Yep that's currently all there is. I thought there would be 4 in the closed beta and I swear I saw 3 listed for each faction somewhere so I guess they'll add them in later on.

In the game items already say they're available for the races not currently in. Like for the Crunn faction some/all items say it's for Orcs and "Moonelves"

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,403

Downloaded and in game.

Strangely I had some issues at first. It would only give me two crappy resolution 1280x720 and some lower option 1176x664 i think. I had to edit the gameoptions.xml in the gameclient folder to make all the resolution appear in game.  In the gameoptions.xml I changed the 1280 to 1920 and the 720 to 1080. Seems to be okay now though.

On a sad note they use xigncode as anti cheat engine which blows nuggets. IT cuases the game to close down if you have msi after burner/rivaturner running.

EDIT: well I got some game time in and streamed.   Is not live right now but I have 4 hours of gameplay footage, mostly pve with a little pvp at one point.

http://www.twitch.tv/calistin/b/539633844

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

Originally posted by Asm0deus

Downloaded and in game.

Strangely I had some issues at first. It would only give me two crappy resolution 1280x720 and some lower option 1176x664 i think. I had to edit the gameoptions.xml in the gameclient folder to make all the resolution appear in game.  In the gameoptions.xml I changed the 1280 to 1920 and the 720 to 1080. Seems to be okay now though.

On a sad note they use xigncode as anti cheat engine which blows nuggets. IT cuases the game to close down if you have msi after burner/rivaturner running.

EDIT: well I got some game time in and streamed.   Is not live right now but I have 4 hours of gameplay footage, mostly pve with a little pvp at one point.

http://www.twitch.tv/calistin/b/539633844

I should have mentioned Xigncode. Ugh... That thing is utterly disgusting. It seems to cause insane lag for me while I'm trying to do certain things like watch twitch actually. Twitch never acted up while I was playing Swordsman or any other MMO. And it was only twitches tab, I tried youtube and it was fine.

That is really weird about the resolution. I don't think I had any issues and I typically play at 1280x720 so I was okay with that.

What did you think of the game?

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

Will this game have sieges? That was one great thing about the first archlord, it had probably the best siege system i have seen and it was really worth owning a castle because you made bank off the towns around it.

the only bad part was they did all 3 castle sieges at once on the same day and the lag was horrific most of the time.

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 607
    Originally posted by DrunkWolf

Will this game have sieges? That was one great thing about the first archlord, it had probably the best siege system i have seen and it was really worth owning a castle because you made bank off the towns around it.

the only bad part was they did all 3 castle sieges at once on the same day and the lag was horrific most of the time.

Sadly it seems not, the game in fact has almost no real pvp in it. It only has team deathmatches and these "contested instances" which your in for all of 5 minutes before never returning.

No openworld pvp, and no sieges of any sort are in the game currently, or even mentioned by the developers for the future. It's just a very shallow pve game with battlegrounds basically.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    Originally posted by Kazuhiro
    Originally posted by DrunkWolf

Sadly it seems not, the game in fact has almost no real pvp in it. It only has team deathmatches and these "contested instances" which your in for all of 5 minutes before never returning.

No openworld pvp, and no sieges of any sort are in the game currently, or even mentioned by the developers for the future. It's just a very shallow pve game with battlegrounds basically.

Yeah thats to bad, i just looked at their website and saw people talking about how there is no open pvp like the first one had. also the dungeons are all instanced now instead of open like before.

That really sucks because i thought the first archlord had a pretty good pvp system with the murder points and bountys was looking forward to checking it out, but not now.

plus i see people talking about how the map looks big but there are so many mountains and trees that force you into bottle knecked paths unlike the first archlord that had a huge open map that you could try to run across and it took for ever.