Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Made It To Level 12... *sigh*

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Rattenmann

WoW still has more social interaction then most other MMOs on the market.

Social interaction is what makes a MMO interesting.

can apply this to ANY mmo

play any mmo without belonging to a guild or playing with friends -- it will play like a solo bore fest

including WOW

• DrolkinDrolkin Member UncommonPosts: 246

I played WoW from release up to Lich King.

I'm level 25 in Wildstar now and I don't see how it is "Just another wow", please someone help me understand this concept.

Wildstar is superior to WoW in every way, the only thing it doesn't have is 5+ years of released development.

Go back to WoW if you want, I got tired of that game long time ago.

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Originally posted by centkin
    Originally posted by smokeybha
    None of the classes grabbed me. Can't play the game if I don't enjoy the classes. 

That was one thing I thought in the beta.  I could not find a class that I liked.

Also I really REALLY did not enjoy those first dozen levels either and I really tried to.

People say wildstar becomes so very much better at level 20, but if the first levels are so very bad, you are going to have a lot of people not reaching 20th.  I said as much in beta.

You should have the option in wildstar of beginning at level 20 in my opinion -- it would allow the game to retain more players.

Thats the one statement i hear from this generation of mmo players about this game that makes me facepalm. A game should grab you from lvl 1 and not lvl 20 or 30. Thats just crazy to me. It gives the Devs a pass for making bad first impressions about any mmo. And these players will fight with you over something thats just common sense./ facepalm.

• NorewonNorewon Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Originally posted by Hariken
    Originally posted by Magiknight
    Just say it. It's ANOTHER WoW clone.

Lol i know, but they won't because they spent money on what they thought was a new mmo. Most will play their free 30 days but after that who knows. Thats when we will see what the deal is. Stay or go back to Wow with all your friends and max lvl characters. I still think when Wows next xpack comes Wildstar will lose alot of players going back. 

It has been noted as a WoW clone, but a Vanilla WoW clone done RIGHT, not the watered down crap that has enabled this entitled generation of free epics, hell in WOD you can send your companions away for a week and get a free epic....yeah thats immersion and challenging right there. Personally I get that feeling that most of us had when we first played wow back in vanilla after the 4 hour long queue time.

As to the OP, its hard to take seriously someone who has all this exp in WoW and other MMORPG's who pays $60 to play a game to 12 and says "Sigh"  did you not read or research before spending money? Carbine has said from the get go its WoW 2.0, but I can understand missing friends and guildies. I am lucky that my guild and many of the guilds I have friends with came and plan on staying in Wildstar

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Pemmin

did you try the pvp, or lvl to 15 for the adventures, or lvl to 20 for the dungeons

not everyone wants pvp. Also why does anyone have to endure the boring leveling to 15 in order to join adventures (why not make it starting earlier). Why does anyone have to endure the leveling furthere to 20 for dungeons? why not start them earlier?

And even worst.... why does anyone have to endure the leveling even further to 35 to start the "good" story?

If your game doesnt hook me up during the first few levels then you are doing it wrong because i wont have any desire to go further. That's a problem most mmos suffer from, WS included.

• umcorianumcorian Member UncommonPosts: 519
    Originally posted by Norewon
    Originally posted by Hariken
    Originally posted by Magiknight
    Just say it. It's ANOTHER WoW clone.

Lol i know, but they won't because they spent money on what they thought was a new mmo. Most will play their free 30 days but after that who knows. Thats when we will see what the deal is. Stay or go back to Wow with all your friends and max lvl characters. I still think when Wows next xpack comes Wildstar will lose alot of players going back. 

It has been noted as a WoW clone, but a Vanilla WoW clone done RIGHT, not the watered down crap that has enabled this entitled generation of free epics, hell in WOD you can send your companions away for a week and get a free epic....yeah thats immersion and challenging right there. Personally I get that feeling that most of us had when we first played wow back in vanilla after the 4 hour long queue time.

As to the OP, its hard to take seriously someone who has all this exp in WoW and other MMORPG's who pays $60 to play a game to 12 and says "Sigh"  did you not read or research before spending money? Carbine has said from the get go its WoW 2.0, but I can understand missing friends and guildies. I am lucky that my guild and many of the guilds I have friends with came and plan on staying in Wildstar

It's been mentioned quite a few times, corrected once, but I think some people are still missing it, so I'll emphasize:

I haven't researched this game too intensely because I am using a Guest Pass. I haven't paid a single cent for the game. 

• RattenmannRattenmann Member UncommonPosts: 613
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by Rattenmann

WoW still has more social interaction then most other MMOs on the market.

Social interaction is what makes a MMO interesting.

can apply this to ANY mmo

play any mmo without belonging to a guild or playing with friends -- it will play like a solo bore fest

including WOW

Wrong.

The King of MMOs, Everquest, can not be played without social interaction and you don't mind it, because it is fun as hell and you really have reasons to group up. You are not progressing slower due to partnering up like in most MMOs.

Works great if you don't like soloing like i do ;)

MMOs finally replaced social interaction, forced grouping and standing in a line while talking to eachother.

Now we have forced soloing, forced questing and everyone is the hero, without ever having to talk to anyone else. The evolution of multiplayer is here! We won,... right?

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    Originally posted by Drolkin

I played WoW from release up to Lich King.

I'm level 25 in Wildstar now and I don't see how it is "Just another wow", please someone help me understand this concept.

Wildstar is superior to WoW in every way, the only thing it doesn't have is 5+ years of released development.

Go back to WoW if you want, I got tired of that game long time ago.

Uhm, no, just no with respect to WS being better than WoW in every way.

In the non-opinion category is the performance of the game. WoW runs infinitely better and with graphics that are pretty much similar.

Still in the non-opinion category is the way that some of the classes play. Blizzard managed to get pet classes almost completely right from the start. It is a pleasure to play Warlocks, Hunters, etc. because you do not have to fight to control your pets. Outside of one or two bugs that seem to have been introduced in MoP for some reason, if you order your pet to attack, he attacks, to wait, he waits, etc. The pet pathing is awesome. I wish it were like that in WS with the Engineer but I am finding it to be just a little too buggy. Pet pathing is not that good, pets don't attack when ordered, and even if they are on assist they sometimes sit there right next to me watching me attack and get hit and don't do anything. This is starting to remind me of DAoC pet classes image

WoW's UI is also better out-of-the-box, even the release version.

In my opinion, WoW also has better, more engaging classes even in its watered-down version. There are also some really epic storylines in WoW and I have yet to see anything of that nature in WS.

That being said there is a heck of a lot of new takes on some MMORPG standards that I really like in WS. The housing is one. The combat is another. Yet again some of the quests are another (like the ones that require a form of jump puzzle to complete them). I like the path system too, I think that colonist adds a heck of a lot to the game for example. And lastly, and in some ways most importantly, the world rocks.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

Originally posted by umcorian

We talked while we were resting and wound up /friending each other and adventuring for an hour together. 

Remember when MMOs were like that? 

i played EQ for 5 years when it launched - i remember the social interaction

DAOC was like that too

I never had that feeling with WOW tho - without being part of a guild

• DeathageDeathage Member CommonPosts: 146
    If you didn't get to 20, you haven't tried the game. 1-19 is basically an extended tutorial to get you familiar with the mechanics and some of the lore/backstory. So, sorry you got bored with the tutorial
  • TyggsTyggs Member UncommonPosts: 456
    Originally posted by Deathage
    If you didn't get to 20, you haven't tried the game. 1-19 is basically an extended tutorial to get you familiar with the mechanics and some of the lore/backstory. So, sorry you got bored with the tutorial

Paying a sub to a game is paying for entertainment. Not being entertained from level 1 is money wasted. Sub games need to be fun from login.

SWTOR Referral Link

Free Goodies for new or returning players.

See what it gets you Here

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

you killed your own post with the second part of that sentence. And its not just 5+ years of released development, It's 10 years of content development, improvement and polishing. But yes, people move on and WS is a new game with more old content but some of it is different enough (like the combat) to pull some people to it. That doesnt mean its a superior game. They already proved the opposite as just another game trying to chase wow numbers instead of being their own thing.

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

Originally posted by Nadia

Originally posted by umcorian

We talked while we were resting and wound up /friending each other and adventuring for an hour together. 

Remember when MMOs were like that? 

i played EQ for 5 years when it launched - i remember the social interaction

DAOC was like that too

I never had that feeling with WOW tho - without being part of a guild

Made friends in all three and not necessarily only in guild. I wish that games were more social now in that sense. I don't mind soloing but want to be able to chat to people and eventually group up from time to time whether they are in my guild or not. I also hate the large, "anonymous guilds" in WoW these days. Hard to make friends in them.

Originally posted by Tyggs

Originally posted by Deathage

Paying a sub to a game is paying for entertainment. Not being entertained from level 1 is money wasted. Sub games need to be fun from login.

Agreed!

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• GillleanGilllean Member Posts: 169
    Dude  I played for 4 min and I could not stand this game ,  lvl 12  you have steel balls man !!!!!!!!!    Worst game since 1999< I was sarcastic but still dont remember a game that I played so little    maybe Game style is not for me  Imaginary world of a 10 years old on acid )))))
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

hm. I felt the game rewards you early and often. Seems to be a pretty fast pace. Side quest chains are quick and involve multiple game mechanics. Combat is fast and active.

I don't get it. Does the game literally need to explode in your face on login in order to trigger a response? You may have become a little desensitized, heh.

Or maybe I'm just easily amused. I will admit that I enjoy games on many levels. I played TSW for two months just because I loved the art design and music and little else.

I have played a ton of games in my life so I guess these days, I appreciate the stuff that you can tell took a lot of time and care to make.

• FoobarxFoobarx Member Posts: 451

I think the obvious answer here is that it's an MMORPG.  Exactly what did you expect?  Do you expect WoW to be any different expansion to expansion?  You get exactly the same formula, time in and time out.  Only thing that's different is the coat of paint on the scenery and the names of the NPCs.  You play the new content, see it for what it is and tire of it in short order.  It's the formula that you're bored with.  All MMOs follow the same formula.  You need to play something entirely different... and FPS, Minecraft... something that ISN'T an MMORPG.

Want proof?  Hop back into your favorite MMO and level a new character... let us know how long it takes for you to get bored.  You left it for a reason.  Going to a game that is essentially the same thing under the hood isn't going to resolve your boredom.  Take a break from MMOs... a long break.  Then when you come back to them... it's new and exciting again... much like everyone does in WoW... go on a long hiatus until the next expansion comes out.

• UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243
    Originally posted by Navek
    @UsualSuspect Reading just this post from you , I'd say dont buy it , its the type of game you say you dont like, but I still have 2 trial keys if you wanna try lol.

I wouldn't mind taking one of those if you don't mind, it'd be good to at least give it a try. I wasn't expecting much from The Secret World and that became one of my favorite MMO's of the past ten years, so you never know.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by rojo6934

you killed your own post with the second part of that sentence. And its not just 5+ years of released development, It's 10 years of content development, improvement and polishing. But yes, people move on and WS is a new game with more old content but some of it is different enough (like the combat) to pull some people to it. That doesnt mean its a superior game. They already proved the opposite as just another game trying to chase wow numbers instead of being their own thing.

So how is WoW better, with everyone and their grandmothers only playing the latest raid content?   

If they keep adding new top level content every month, noboddy will notice it except on paper...  On top of that the so called WoW pollish is what turned the game intoo easy mode... i prefer it rough and tough

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    I was in the same boat as you over a year ago. I was a full time tester and almost quit this game. But the beta forums were full of what wicked fun people were having end game and higher levels so I pushed through and I am so glad I did because at one point I HATED this game lol. Every MMO has the teaching side to it, some MMOs are better at it then others. WS is Meh at best at the teaching part. You are almost there. Level 12-14 you get Shiphands solo dungeons (lots of fun) level 15ish you get adventure zones, you will start to get what this game is all about. Level 20ish you get to do dungeons and thats when you will get what the past 20 levels was worth getting through the MEH. Its not new, it just does it very well and also give more content then most MMOs do, more then I have seen in 15 years of MMOing. 
  • ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931

Wildstar is of those mmos you have to get past 20.  If  you really paid $60 and only went to 12 you have no clue really what the game is like. Most mmos get past 10 you get an idea yet not here. You never got to try a dungeon..lol those are like the old wow days as in hard.

Like someone said. What did you expect? And you told us. Most go in EXPECTING it to be like some old dinosaur mmo. Then when its nothing like that old dinosaur its "worst mmo ever, it sucks" blah blah blah.

Lol people talk about quests in mmos. EVERY mmo you do the same thing. You go to A get quest go to B and then return for reward like a rat. There will NEVER be another mmo thats goiing to be different.

Me I didnt go in expecting anything. I like it and having fun. Its not the best nor the worst. Tons of people still playing have to wait and see.

So some MMO didnt live up to YOUR expectations. Not mmos fault its  yours.

Originally posted by Zeblade

Wildstar is of those mmos you have to get past 20.  If  you really paid $60 and only went to 12 ..

Op was on a guestpass and did not pay anything

the game did not appeal to him -- to each their own

• thewickermanthewickerman Member Posts: 2
    i love wildstar the guy who played to 12 hadnt even touched the surface of the game. you dont get housing till 14, you can craft at 10 but my guess is you didnt bother with that and the crafting is really great in wildstar. i normally keep to myself about this stuff but, at 12 you probably hadnt even seen thayd, the main city. and even if housing isnt your thing you should check it out because there is so much more to it than just a house, plots to build other things on quest to do that come from the other things you place on your land , ugh just makes me mad when people dont even play a game but assume they know whats coming cause they played wow for a couple years, i played wow the day it launched and everyone said the same tthing. i was there day one, i quit after lichking cause now it sucks its time for a changing of the guard and wildstar could be it it has everything at launch in 6 month i cant wait to see what they do with this game.
  • davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458

Lokks like MMO is not for you

every MMO is litle boring leveling /Questing but  EndGame is great

• AlalalaAlalala Member UncommonPosts: 314

Very happy to have successfully avoided both the ESO and WildStar disasters.

Enough years in the MMO genre and you can easily spot over-hyped games, or games not ready for release.

Tip:  H1Z1 will be another of this year's disappointments.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Alalala
    Very happy to have successfully avoided both the ESO and WildStar disasters.Enough years in the MMO genre and you can easily spot over-hyped games, or games not ready for release.Tip:  H1Z1 will be another of this year's disappointments.

You've successfully avoided almost every mmo since 2008 ;)

Thats some good gamin'!