Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top 10 Things To Do In ArcheAge

Comments

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

not a bad little video.

doesn't even cover all of what I typically do in a given night :P

• seraphynxseraphynx Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Originally posted by Ramanadjinn

not a bad little video.

doesn't even cover all of what I typically do in a given night :P

yea more like 10 basic features of archeage:)

• TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    SCUBA treasure hunting should definitely have been mentioned somewhere in there.
    Isaiah 41:10
    Originally posted by Talemire
    SCUBA treasure hunting should definitely have been mentioned somewhere in there.

agreed:)

Originally posted by Talemire

My first instinct as well was treasure hunting.  Its something Archeage does to add a real sense of exploration to the game that no other MMO does quite as well that i've played.

Arenas are fun too.  But unlike treasure hunting they've been done to death in MMOs and Archeage's implementation, while fun, isn't even approaching the level of quality and polish that a WOW arena has.  But its there and its not bad at all.

But back on the subject of the more unique features.. I've spent a few hours here and there just messing around with the criminal justice system.  Participating in trials as a jury member and courtroom audience member..  There is a bit of a sense of community there in the alpha server where we know the guilds and many of the players that go through the criminal justice system.  Its not all random people we'll never see again.

Decorating my house is an enjoyable experience for me.  I can spend time playing the Auction House.  Some people gank lowbies.  I ran into a guild the other day that spends its time ganking the people who gank lowbies, that was interesting.  I like those guys.  I devote a half hour or so a day to community service to wipe my criminal points.  In sanddeep you can find some fun pvp doing that.

I'll stop rambling.. you can get yourself into trouble quick trying to list all the things you can do in Archeage.  A game with actual varied content is just like that right?

But a youtube video should only be so long, I understand why the guy that made it limited it to 10. :)  maybe a 2nd part someday listing "things that rank 11-20 to do in Archeage" is in order!

when talking the justice system this guys video always comes to mind https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ3VaN3mIyI
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772

Man I am really looking forward to this game.  Top 10 things to do and questing isn't mentioned!  Thank God!

Only thing that has me a little apprehensive is I've grown accustomed to action combat in games like TERA and Neverwinter.

But even if the combat isn't as good, it seems like having so much stuff to do and really encouraging the MMO aspect of MMORPGs will more than make up for it.

• KaraethonKaraethon Member Posts: 33
    I can't wait to try out Archeage, and have been watching it for a while now.  I have recently become disabled so I finally have a little extra free time, but no money.
  • JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249
    This wait for news from Trion is starting damage my brain...
  • Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081
    Please bring open beta soon, I need this game to play sooo bad!

No signature, I don't have a pen

Originally posted by holdenhamlet

Man I am really looking forward to this game.  Top 10 things to do and questing isn't mentioned!  Thank God!

Only thing that has me a little apprehensive is I've grown accustomed to action combat in games like TERA and Neverwinter.

But even if the combat isn't as good, it seems like having so much stuff to do and really encouraging the MMO aspect of MMORPGs will more than make up for it.

Unfortunately at low levels questing is necessary.

Its not the only thing there is to do at low levels like in some games, but unfortunately everyone has to either quest or level extremely slowly.

This is why i'm afraid a lot of people will play the beta and say "this is no different than every other game."

Because before end game there is a lot of questing, and people aren't going to see end game in the beta.

Originally posted by Ramanadjinn
    Originally posted by holdenhamlet

Unfortunately at low levels questing is necessary.

Its not the only thing there is to do at low levels like in some games, but unfortunately everyone has to either quest or level extremely slowly.

This is why i'm afraid a lot of people will play the beta and say "this is no different than every other game."

Because before end game there is a lot of questing, and people aren't going to see end game in the beta.

Yea although at least the early questing teaches you how to farm, how to make trade packs, get your first glider, your first mount so everyone really should do it.. really you should quest till at least 30 then you could just farm or craft if you wanted but questing is still faster way to 50... 30 questing starts getting more interesting anyway since you get to the at war zones