Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Skyforge: Hands On At E3 2014

2»

Comments

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Originally posted by OfficialSkyforge
    Originally posted by Leiloni

Bill I have a question for you - when you say some skills are "lock-on", do you mean TERA style aim, then paint target to lock on, then click again to use the skill, or standard tab target style lock on? Is the game actually built for TERA style reticule aiming, or is it more Wildstar-ish?

I was mildly interested in this game before due to the combat and graphics, but the lack of healers made me very sad as a long time healer. However your description of their role system as "choose your own" as well as the focus on animations instead of hideous and lazy telegraphs is reigniting my interest!

This lock on mechanic, however has me questioning things. I'm a hardcore action combat TERA style fan, so things like GW2 and Wildstar just do not float my boat. Call me picky, but I know what I like!

It's not quite "lock-on and attack" combat.  The combat design is inspired by the top features of the best action and fighting games. It's essentially "mouselook" control, with optional direct targeting, enables players to deal breathtaking combo strikes, devastating finishing attacks and show off their larger than life powers. You will dive into dynamic battles, both entertaining and satisfying!

Well I've read that paragraph before lol. It's the same one you guys have everywhere, including on your forums and it's not clear which is why I asked the question of Bill to begin with. How does a game built for mouselook (aka targeting reticule, my preferred method), have an optional direct targeting unless it actually does have tab target style targeting in the background?

I guess I'll have to wait until I can see a video of someone playing it because in my experience games that have both control methods (i.e. Yulgang 2, Black Gold Online) don't work very well at all compared to something like TERA that is really only built for aim-based combat.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,812
    I'm interested. It kind of looks like the Guild Wars 1 that Guild Wars 2 failed to be. 
  • fearufearu Member UncommonPosts: 288

I'm interested but damn that website is a mess.

They use the allord.com certificate and things redirect to install.php and a blank screen. Bit crappy.

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Originally posted by FearU

I'm interested but damn that website is a mess.

They use the allord.com certificate and things redirect to install.php and a blank screen. Bit crappy.

I don't have any of those issues.... try a different browser? The website actually looks really good to me. Are you going to sf.my.com?

• Maleus666Maleus666 Member UncommonPosts: 75

This game is a mix of a colorful and no fun oriental mmo with the worst thing of FFX: the progression system with good environment. Only that. No creativity went spent in it's development.  It's gonna launch dead already.

Meanwhile, I wait for Albion Online.

Go to hell!

• SupaAPESupaAPE Member Posts: 100
    sry, nobody cares about your baseless opinions , nor albion online (lulz)
  • dyermaker714dyermaker714 Member UncommonPosts: 192
    As soon as i read the words "lobby" and "not a seamless" world....in 2014...yeah no thanks. But some of the combat does look pretty cool. Call me close minded or whatever, however, for me when i play MMO's i like to feel a sense of immersion in an incredible fantasy world and having a bunch of loading screens and especially not even having a cohesive world totally kills that for me. Lame...oh well
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    I saw the term "Skyforge" and thought.......ehhh, never mind.