Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A very beautifull world to play in.

ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Have to say Zenimax crafted a wonderfull Tamriel.

image image image

Of course it's not going to feel as big as ES games because in those games the game revolves around just you so that already makes a world feel much bigger But in ESO it feels big enough to wander off and explore, after having played almost any A-Tittle Themepark MMORPG I personaly feel ESO stands out in me wanting to explore.

Everytime I log on I feel this joy of setting foot in a true ES game online.

I love discovering skyshard, chests, resources, caves, new quests.

I like how I am finaly getting my characters become better. Level'd all 4 to level 20 now, where both my Sorcerer and Templar have undergone 3 respecs to get them at a satisfying level. Which is what I like that I can experiment allot.

I often get lost and find out I am in area's I shouldn't be in which in turn makes it something to look forward to, to be capable surviving where all I am now in those to high of levels is a one shot/hit kill.

I am going for every 2 levels to get full blue crafted armor for all characters.

And still today when I set foot in one of the familiar ES main city's it puts a smill to my face seeing so many people walking/running/standing around to either interact with or just let them be.

edit: can only imagine how the game looks with a current gen high end system, mine is off by 4 years.

Comments

• cerulean2012cerulean2012 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    In my opinion I find the graphics (while good) are washed out and do not have much appeal.  Other games have more bright and stunning graphics.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892

In truth I think the world is "ok".

It does have some lovely moments but I have yet to have my aesthetic mind blown.

For example, In skyrim I was wowed the first time I saw Whiterun or Solitude in the distance. Standing on the northern shore of skyrim was very profound for me.

Or in Morrowind, making my way to Balmora was absolutely beautiful. Seeing the ghostgate fence was awe-inspiring.

In oblvion it could have been the road that winds around the imperial city and all its views or seeing anvil in the distance.

For ESO, I have yet to have one of those "moments".

I've had more moments in Vanguard than ESO.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • GableGable Member UncommonPosts: 44

Agreed.  I've since moved on to Wildstar (haven't we all?) but I agree the game was damn beautiful.

Alas, was gonna post some pictures but the process to do so seems overly cumbersome.

Anyway, it's pretty

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Sovrath

In truth I think the world is "ok".

It does have some lovely moments but I have yet to have my aesthetic mind blown.

For example, In skyrim I was wowed the first time I saw Whiterun or Solitude in the distance. Standing on the northern shore of skyrim was very profound for me.

Or in Morrowind, making my way to Balmora was absolutely beautiful. Seeing the ghostgate fence was awe-inspiring.

In oblvion it could have been the road that winds around the imperial city and all its views or seeing anvil in the distance.

For ESO, I have yet to have one of those "moments".

I've had more moments in Vanguard than ESO.

Well don't get me wrong, ESO is far from "mindblowing" for that I have my singleplayer games as you sort of confirmed.

Though I have allot of standstill moments in ESO just looking around the scenery.

For me there is plenty to see and where I want to know what's on top of that hill/mountain or what's behind it, or what's that tower in the distance..... I actually had some Vanguard moments though V. had a bigger world, visually it wouldn't stand a change today against ESO. (pure meant visually)

Originally posted by Gable

Agreed.  I've since moved on to Wildstar (haven't we all?) but I agree the game was damn beautiful.

Alas, was gonna post some pictures but the process to do so seems overly cumbersome.

Anyway, it's pretty

I really hope you have fun in Wildstar, tried beta and can definitly see it's appeal, but for some reason it was to "busy" for me, meaning visually it all came at me, to much bright colours, so perhaps cerulean2012 in that I might like my graphics more "washed out" aka in my opinion more realistic less flashy.

But damn does Wildstar have wild feature's, love many of them. Honostly hope many people continue playing WS to get to the many feature's the game offers and don't give up due to starter towns/area's or letting the game hold their hand.

There is much freedom in even Themepark MMO's, you just have to find that sweet spot that makes you play this genre how YOU like it allas the majorty are sheeps unfortunaly and think for some reason all you do is quest, quest and quest to get to the meat of the game. Don't get me wrong for many what is offered at endgame is truly that what they want. But as said many times and even made a topic we need allot more "Planetside2/Battlefield/Cod" type of games set in Fantasy.

I just have found my niche in ESO, mainly because I play it like I play ES games yet can do so much more due to it's community.

• seraphynxseraphynx Member UncommonPosts: 147
    I have gone through every zone in this game easily the best looking MMO out there imho especially when adding sweetfx to the mix.. doesn't have super hi res textures or anything but as long as you don't have your face right up on an object you can't tell..
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,745

It is simply the best MMO for graphics currently out there. I think there may be a couple of MMOs that are not in the west yet that better TESO but until they come out TESO rules graphically.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Yes the graphics are nice, but I wish they :

Concentrated on bugs instead of graphics.

Concentrated on not copy and paste dungeons instead of graphics.

Concentrated on making servers with a real community instead of graphics

Concentrated on class abilities instead of over powering staffs, dual weld, one handed weapons instead of graphics.

Concentrated on giving more than 5 abilities on the screen instead of graphics.

Concentrated on reducing the amount of load screens instead of graphics.

Concentrated on getting rid of gold farmers instead of graphics.

Concentrated on 10 more other things that piss people off instead of graphics.

But hay, the graphics are nice :)

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534
    Originally posted by delete5230

Concentrated on class abilities instead of over powering staffs, dual weld, one handed weapons instead of graphics.

What a perfect distillation of MMORPG.  The bugs have already been cleaned up; the gold farmers and bots are gone.  The handful of delves don't represent the game (and they've indicated that they're planning to expand them, explicitly, in the path ahead.)  This alone marks this post as flatly ignorant - by claiming past issues as current problems.  Add in the "make the game WoW (rows of hot bars vs. the current skill system, which is quite deliberate and not a design issue; separate servers vs. mega server) and so on and you have the perfect collection of useless or bad advice.  All stepping on a post where someone noted that they liked the graphics.  Perfect!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,374
    Originally posted by ohioastro

Yes the graphics are nice, but I wish they :   Concentrated on bugs instead of graphics. Concentrated on not copy and paste dungeons instead of graphics. Concentrated on making servers with a real community instead of graphics Concentrated on class abilities instead of over powering staffs, dual weld, one handed weapons instead of graphics. Concentrated on giving more than 5 abilities on the screen instead of graphics. Concentrated on reducing the amount of load screens instead of graphics. Concentrated on getting rid of gold farmers instead of graphics. Concentrated on 10 more other things that piss people off instead of graphics.   But hay, the graphics are nice :)

What a perfect distillation of MMORPG.  The bugs have already been cleaned up; the gold farmers and bots are gone.  The handful of delves don't represent the game (and they've indicated that they're planning to expand them, explicitly, in the path ahead.)  This alone marks this post as flatly ignorant - by claiming past issues as current problems.  Add in the "make the game WoW (rows of hot bars vs. the current skill system, which is quite deliberate and not a design issue; separate servers vs. mega server) and so on and you have the perfect collection of useless or bad advice.  All stepping on a post where someone noted that they liked the graphics.  Perfect!

Well since for many people it is gameplay over graphics, I can agree with many of the points here. Most of them were issues when I was playing, doesn't matter if some of them are resolved now. But actually many of the items on the list are design decisions as you pointed out, bad ones IMO but whatever, go enjoy the graphics, they are quite good, if that sort of thing really matters.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844

+5

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• greatskysgreatskys Member UncommonPosts: 451
    Originally posted by Gable

Anyway, it's pretty

I would have done but even though I can play ESO on ultra settings with about 40-50 fps in the open world I can only play Wildstar on low settings and even then I only get 20-30 fps . I would love to see ESOs optimization at work in Wildstar and the sheer fun game play of Wildstar at work in ESO . I'm playing neither at the moment . 

The year is 3014, a griever posts on a MMORPG thread about the history of MMO's with the best graphics: "Yeah but ESO should have concentrated on the bugs".

It effected your month in TESO delete5430, but since then the world has turned and ESO with it, as I have hardly seen a bug it has not effected me. :)

• OriousOrious Member UncommonPosts: 548

Definitely best graphics in this MMO biz currently released. The world actually looks/feels real. This includes NPCs in towns. Dolmens appearing off in the distance. Definitley Cyrodiil. 

I want a game where I can enjoy being in the world. An MMO should have this feeling above generic gameplay for me...however I found TESO combat way more appealing than WS as well. Especially in the BG PvP spamfests.

Dunno why people keep saying ESO has 5 skills... you have 12 + normal attack+interupt+heavy attack+dodge+block+sneak. If you play the game like WS you are never going to enjoy it.

I never really had any bugs in beta (quests and grouping only) or even now, but I'm guessing most of them are fixed for most people except the Raid Group bug. Thankfully now they can focus on class balance...which honestly is a neverending thing in any mmo.

If ESO would have been as feature complete and polished as WS...things would be fairly neck and neck. But I don't mind as much the world is better than any other so far.

Originally posted by Kyleran

Well since for many people it is gameplay over graphics, I can agree with many of the points here. Most of them were issues when I was playing, doesn't matter if some of them are resolved now. But actually many of the items on the list are design decisions as you pointed out, bad ones IMO but whatever, go enjoy the graphics, they are quite good, if that sort of thing really matters.

Yes kyleran graphics do matter to me mainly because I have been playing games since pong and like my graphics to evolve. Mainly because it's more of a themeparkish MMORPG. When it comes to a more sandbox MMORPG I would be more forgiven how graphics would look.

But at the same time gameplay must have depth else I aint playing.

As for that list, much is already outdated and very misinformative. Except some of the copy/past parts but they don't bother me because in dungeons I have other focus then check the scenery. For that I enjoy outside of dungeons. 

If I would limit my playstyle to just doing quest I too might get bored with loadscreens, thankfully when I play MMORPG I don't play them that limited so while I do encounter loadscreens I have plenty of gamesession not encountering them at all.

And the getting rid of goldscammers is just foolish thinking in this time and day. Yet Zenimax has infact reduced it allot but trust me they will always resurvice again doesn't matter what game aslong there is demand goldscammers will try.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by DMKano

The modern AAA MMO development problem - too many artists, not enough coders.

What the heck is going on with you man!? The last few weeks, I've agreed with almost everything you've said!

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • LunsheaLunshea Member UncommonPosts: 59

---- clip ----

---- clap ---

For those of you that haven't played the game - the dungeons that suffer some from copy & paste are the smaller solo & side quest dungeons. The main story dungeons, the public dungeons and the group dungeons are all unique and beautifully handcrafted. So there are still A LOT of breathtaking moments, also in the dungeon crawler part of the game :) 

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

The single player games weren't big because the story revolved around you, they were big because you weren't restricted from going anywhere.  

Not everyone played through the main stories of the single player games.  That was the appeal to a lot of us, the freedom to play how we want and not be guided by quest after quest.  

Ive put thousands of hours into ES games, and I've never been the hero or completed a single one of the games main storyline. 

Originally posted by Uhwop

The single player games weren't big because the story revolved around you, they were big because you weren't restricted from going anywhere.  Not everyone played through the main stories of the single player games.  That was the appeal to a lot of us, the freedom to play how we want and not be guided by quest after quest.  Live put thousands of hours into ES games, and I've never been the hero or completed a single one of the games main storyline. 

If I did say the story revolved around you i could have understood your reply. I did how ever mention that the game revolved around you that one player.
  • BeelzebobbieBeelzebobbie Member UncommonPosts: 430
    I like the graphics but in the world everything looks the same.
  • UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by Reklaw

The single player games weren't big because the story revolved around you, they were big because you weren't restricted from going anywhere.  

Not everyone played through the main stories of the single player games.  That was the appeal to a lot of us, the freedom to play how we want and not be guided by quest after quest.  

Live put thousands of hours into ES games, and I've never been the hero or completed a single one of the games main storyline. 

If I did say the story revolved around you i could have understood your reply. I did how ever mention that the game revolved around you that one player.

But there's a difference between being a part of the world and the game revolving around you.  The game only revolves around you when you take part in story lines that place you in the middle of everything.  Being a single player game doesn't mean the game revolves around you in an ES game, and It's absolutely not what makes the world feel big.  

They felt big because from the moment you got out of the introduction, where you go and what you do is entirely up to you.  You could choose to be a rebel, choose to be an imperial, or be neither.  You never needed to do a single quest to travel from one end of the world to the next.  Freedom made the game world feel big, and that has nothing to do with being a single player game and everything to do with bethesdas development philosophy when creating the ES games.  They developed a philosophy of world building and have been following it since daggerfall. 

GTA 5 wasn't just bigger than GTA3 because the map was larger, it's because they took a cue from Bethesda and dropped the need to unlock other areas of the map by following the storyline.  They disassociated the world from the storyline.  

Originally posted by Beelzebobbie
    I like the graphics but in the world everything looks the same.

Yep, everything looks the same. :D

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,805

I also enjoy the graphics, and have at times just strolled around looking at things like I do sometimes in Skyrim. I've got a new top-end machine with an AMD 7970 graphics card, so I run it at max settings on a 27" monitor and it looks great!

I don't want to level too fast, especially since I think the game is going to change a lot in the next 6 months, so I spend quite a bit of time just wandering around exploring and harvesting nodes.

For those of us who enjoy a virtual world as much as fighting, ESO is a good game.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

Originally posted by Reklaw

Live put thousands of hours into ES games, and I've never been the hero or completed a single one of the games main storyline. 

But there's a difference between being a part of the world and the game revolving around you.  The game only revolves around you when you take part in story lines that place you in the middle of everything.  Being a single player game doesn't mean the game revolves around you in an ES game, and It's absolutely not what makes the world feel big.  

They felt big because from the moment you got out of the introduction, where you go and what you do is entirely up to you.  You could choose to be a rebel, choose to be an imperial, or be neither.  You never needed to do a single quest to travel from one end of the world to the next.  Freedom made the game world feel big, and that has nothing to do with being a single player game and everything to do with bethesdas development philosophy when creating the ES games.  They developed a philosophy of world building and have been following it since daggerfall. 

GTA 5 wasn't just bigger than GTA3 because the map was larger, it's because they took a cue from Bethesda and dropped the need to unlock other areas of the map by following the storyline.  They disassociated the world from the storyline.  

You explained very well what I meant, I might have use bad words describing it.

But it does have everything to do with the fact it's a singleplayer game. 

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

self edit.