Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A very beautifull world to play in.

Comments

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Originally posted by delete5230

Yes the graphics are nice, but I wish they :

Concentrated on bugs instead of graphics.

Concentrated on not copy and paste dungeons instead of graphics.

Concentrated on making servers with a real community instead of graphics

Concentrated on class abilities instead of over powering staffs, dual weld, one handed weapons instead of graphics.

Concentrated on giving more than 5 abilities on the screen instead of graphics.

Concentrated on reducing the amount of load screens instead of graphics.

Concentrated on getting rid of gold farmers instead of graphics.

Concentrated on 10 more other things that piss people off instead of graphics.

But hay, the graphics are nice :)

There aren't that many bugs, All MMOs are released with bugs these days, ESO just had above average amount of them and attracted a very large amount of non-mmo players.

Instanced Dungeons are amazing quality. So are public dungeons. If you are talking about cave dwells, those are more just part of the zone. (each with interiors to represent the region it is located, so not even copy and paste as most games do.

Yeah the server thing is better for guilds and friends, but bad for general sense of community, i hear you.

I like my class so idk...I think they should have at least one more class though at launch

you have 12-14 abilities at once. 5 on each weapon, block, dodge, interupt, potion. More important you are focused on your enemies actions. I like the combat in this game, if I have to compare to wildstar, and I do, it feels more natural.

There isn't that many load screens, not a major concern

Gold farmers are in every game to an equal extent, but yes they should amp up the security for bots/farmers

This is a well made game with some very strange design decisions. If they balance classes, make Cyrodill PvP have incentives, like gear or xp that would be helpful in keeping the PvP population healthy. Remove Veteran Ranks completely. Make Craglorn 50-55 and make Trials lvl55 (make this max level). Give the vet 12 people a cookie for their time.

Make the whole world open at 55 and have PvP Events to get people into certain zones.

Do that and I think this game could be great. It was just a few strange decisions that really made this game suck.

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Originally posted by Sovrath

In truth I think the world is "ok".

It does have some lovely moments but I have yet to have my aesthetic mind blown.

For example, In skyrim I was wowed the first time I saw Whiterun or Solitude in the distance. Standing on the northern shore of skyrim was very profound for me.

Or in Morrowind, making my way to Balmora was absolutely beautiful. Seeing the ghostgate fence was awe-inspiring.

In oblvion it could have been the road that winds around the imperial city and all its views or seeing anvil in the distance.

For ESO, I have yet to have one of those "moments".

I've had more moments in Vanguard than ESO.

I have to agree with this totally. Also I would say that certain linearity here may have something to do with this. Also about things you said - in all other TES games (that would include also Daggerfall) there was always some place to call character's home. In TESO you just finish the zone, move on and never look back.

Ok, even if we talk here about MMORPG games TESO is far from top:

- in WoW seeing Stormwind for the first time (and also Terokkar Forest, Hellfire, Tanaris and a few others)

- in LotRO seeing Bree or entering Moria, or even just lurking into Lone Lands

- DAoC and visiting Camelot, also WAR and Altdorf

- even questing in Siveria or Darkwater in Allods Online

And ofc I could name a few other titles more... In TESO I have yet to see something that I can say about it: "I want to go back here" or "I want to do that again".

Ok, visiting Daggerfall for the first time was something. Mostly because Daggerfall was my first TES game...

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,742

This thread was of course about the graphics, but it has attracted our gainsayers in droves. They don't want to focus in on anything TESO does well, just rehash their own issues.

Still playing, still enjoying, still wanting to go back, but please, do tell us all over again why you left.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Originally posted by Scot

This thread was of course about the graphics, but it has attracted our gainsayers in droves. They don't want to focus in on anything TESO does well, just rehash their own issues.

Still playing, still enjoying, still wanting to go back, but please, do tell us all over again why you left.

What most posters are saying including me is, For longevity lots of things are wayyyyyy more important than graphics. Yes I made my personal list of dislikes......MANY HAVE A DIFFRIENT LIST.

But the fact is that people are leaving in droves !!!!

Now this is only my opinion.  If developers made a well thought out game.  Taking into account sociology of what would  be best for a natural community such as what Blizzard did with Vanilla World of Warcraft then you would have a winner.  Make it even better by 2014s standards, graphics would then be wayyyyy down the list. 

What most posters are saying including me is, For longevity lots of things are wayyyyyy more important than graphics. Yes I made my personal list of dislikes......MANY HAVE A DIFFRIENT LIST.

People do leave in droves, MMOs have become games built on the solo model, sales curves now reflect that. I do not think graphics is the top issue in a MMO myself, but the thread was about graphics. Still lets look at your list of important complaints and issues, because they are so important:

"Concentrated on bugs instead of graphics." - I hardly ever saw a bug, when I did it never stopped gameplay. Never.

"Concentrated on not copy and paste dungeons instead of graphics." - Many interiors are similar but TESO has more than any MMO I can think of, name the MMO with as many dungeons and interior buildings, but all unique as you seem to expect.

"Concentrated on making servers with a real community instead of graphics" - Point taken, they should have. But phasing kills servers and hinders commuity, you do know they had phasing right, you were not just there for a beta weekend? Phasing is the way MMOs will go, I don't like it, but it is going to become the norm.

"Concentrated on class abilities instead of over powering staffs, dual weld, one handed weapons instead of graphics." - You wanted the flexibility of the system to be reduced to an old fashioned class system? No thanks.

"Concentrated on giving more than 5 abilities on the screen instead of graphics." - We have 10 abilities, plus 2 ultimates for 12 in total. You did play past beta right?

"Concentrated on reducing the amount of load screens instead of graphics." - On two separate occasions after a patch there were load issues. Total time about six days since launch. This was more common before the game launched and during prelaunch, I am getting the impression you played a month tops, if that.

"Concentrated on getting rid of gold farmers instead of graphics." - You do know how and when the gold farmers were removed and what issues in that area remain? Posing that as a question to you as I don't think you have a clue about the state of the game as is in now.

"Concentrated on 10 more other things that piss people off instead of graphics." - Ten things you cut and pasted from someone else's leaving rant?

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    I like to enjoy the view, too. Sometimes I notice rays of the sun coming over a rain cloud, or stand on the view deck of a lighthouse and look down, or even enjoy the way the smoke looks curling out of a hookah.

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367
    In fairness to TESO...it's not just that the graphics look good, but it's really amazing that it runs as fast as it does while looking that good. Great FPS in almost every situation.

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• NephelaiNephelai Member UncommonPosts: 185

It is simply the best MMO for graphics currently out there. I think there may be a couple of MMOs that are not in the west yet that better TESO but until they come out TESO rules graphically.

With max settings the grass and tree leaves are 2d. When you rotate your char they rotate to face you. Many games have better graphics than ESO even Rift has proper grass. 

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Now this is only my opinion.  If developers made a well thought out game.  Taking into account sociology of what would  be best for a natural community such as what Blizzard did with Vanilla World of Warcraft then you would have a winner.  Make it even better by 2014s standards, graphics would then be wayyyyy down the list. 

You see I have no issue you bring up your opinion I just do not understand why you had to bring it in this topic. You do know there are plenty topics where you could have posted what you did?

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,049
    I feel sorry for you guys as I used to play SWTOR and I am still subbed even if I am playing Wildstar now but every time some one starts a thread about SWTOR's good points or discussing how much fun it is these couple of doods(misspelled purposely) turn up and have a quote war that drowns the thread and it will go on for pages. It is beyond annoying so I understand how you must feel.
    Chamber of Chains
  • Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113

It is simply the best MMO for graphics currently out there. I think there may be a couple of MMOs that are not in the west yet that better TESO but until they come out TESO rules graphically.

What are you doing to that poor dog!?

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Yes it looks good but there is not much variety in scenery. All zones look the same except for Coldharbor. I got bored of the scenery pretty quick.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

Originally posted by cheyane
    I feel sorry for you guys as I used to play SWTOR and I am still subbed even if I am playing Wildstar now but every time some one starts a thread about SWTOR's good points or discussing how much fun it is these couple of doods(misspelled purposely) turn up and have a quote war that drowns the thread and it will go on for pages. It is beyond annoying so I understand how you must feel.

SWTOR is a quality game, great IP and P2P is always a good recipe. I think you are quite right, we have loads of posters who only played the beta ("its not F2P WTF" types) or at best spent a month in game then jumped to their next MMO. I played SWTOR from launch myself, it took them one or two months to give us a UI that could be altered, posters made a huge fuss over that. One question for all the gainsayers, when was the last time you spent more than four months in a MMO? They have no intention of staying, no matter what the MMO is like.

• icanread88icanread88 Member Posts: 10
    While somewhat polished, I felt the color palette in ESO was extremely dull. Too much gray/brown/black, and the light filter is so bad people have to use mods to change it. When wandering around in Morrowwind I saw lots of familar rocks and trees that looked like they were just copy & pasted on there. I was not too happy with the ugly ground texture either, but I guess ugly was what they were going for since it was supposed to be a volcanic wasteland. So yeah, while I can rip most other aspects of the game to shreds, the graphics aren't terrible, just a bit boring. Wildstar's graphics aren't TECHNICALLY as good as ESO's, but they are a lot more colorful and entertaining. There might be 20 rooms in a building, and every single room will look completely different, with not a single asset being used in more than one room. Can't say the same for ESO.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by DMKano

The modern AAA MMO development problem - too many artists, not enough coders.

This seems to be the truth.

Recent games have gotten better and better looking while the over all experienece has declined with it.

One of the best games I've ever played had the worst graphics I've ever played in an MMO.

• icanread88icanread88 Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Recent games have gotten better and better looking while the over all experienece has declined with it.

One of the best games I've ever played had the worst graphics I've ever played in an MMO.

It's not just MMO's, it's been the same for all games, really. Just look at the games we had for Nintendo 64, and PS1. Mario 64, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy 7-9, etc. Any of these games you could easily sink 60-80 hours in even if you were trying to rush through them. I think I got to the end of Final Fantasy 13 in like 10 hours, and I was checking every nook and cranny of those linear maps for some kind of side-quest. We have games now that look like live-action movies, you can literally count the nose-hairs of the characters, but these games suffer greatly in length and depth because of all the effort and memory put into graphics. There was certainly a lot more effort put into the game play of those old games than there are these new ones where you hold the joystick forward and keep mashing A to win. It reminds me of an old saying, "Polish a turd, it's still a turd." 

• JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 670
    It sure looked nice, but I must say that I like Darkfall Unholy Wars more on full settings than ESO. But that's just my feeling :P

Geezer that is Everquest am I right ? God I miss my old days in it.

ESO is definitely a very good looking game. I don't own a very good computer anymore it is about  4 years and has a Ge force 580 GTX but even in beta the game looked nice.

Chamber of Chains
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by cheyane

Geezer that is Everquest am I right ? God I miss my old days in it.

ESO is definitely a very good looking game. I don't own a very good computer anymore it is about  4 years and has a Ge force 580 GTX but even in beta the game looked nice.

No, Anarchy Online.

Same generation of MMOs though.

Of course Anarchy jeez I even played it shame on me for not realising it.
    Chamber of Chains
  • PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844

Love the pic,randon Old Athen alien attack (or maybe gm launched) anyways , easily one of the best games i have ever played and graphics and engine was one of the worst.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

Originally posted by PAL-18

Love the pic,randon Old Athen alien attack (or maybe gm launched) anyways , easily one of the best games i have ever played and graphics and engine was one of the worst.

Taking off in the shuttle ship in AA that cost a ton to buy was one of my favourite MMO moments. That's in game cash guys, we did not buy stuff in a cash shop back then! But these days graphics are king, not going to go into how it turned out that way, but that is where we are unfortunately.

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    It does look good graphically, but the zones feel packed, like they took all of skyrim and shoved it into one zone. That's what killed the game for me, stumbling into a small village or cave every 100 yards felt lame. The world is soo big but feels soo small cause the way they designed it. Cyrodil seems to be the only map that doesn't feel packed and has a good spread between keeps.
  • BetaBlockaBetaBlocka Member Posts: 222
    If only graphics were all that mattered id be playing ESO as the games graphics are very nice indeed :) The best mmorpg ever made imo is Pre CU SWG and that games graphics were never anything to write home about....the game however was superb.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by BetaBlocka
    If only graphics were all that mattered id be playing ESO as the games graphics are very nice indeed :) The best mmorpg ever made imo is Pre CU SWG and that games graphics were never anything to write home about....the game however was superb.

Yes they look nice,FFXIV is a tad better and req's a stronger system,i don't feel the same about SWG as a game and it's graphics were simply awful and the sole reason i could not stick with that game..I was playing Unreal Tournament back in those days and even they had a hi res texture pack that was optional to load,it made SWG look so bad as well as UO and AO and even EQ1,all those games just looked so bad to me.IMO FFXI was the first and best game to ever make a mmorpg look good with very low poly graphics,although you had to make registry tweaks to do it.

That is the problem with mmo's,the developer does not want overhead so they make viewed distances LOD drop off almost immediately beyond your player ,these games actually run for mere pennies a day costing the developer little in bandwidth costs.That is why the most respect i ever had was for Sigil and Vanguard as they tried to be the first to create longer view distances while maintaining the LOD.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.