Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top 5 favorite classes in your mmo/mud history?

13»

Comments

• Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    Originally posted by frostymug

I'll wade through the muck and double my post count for this...

EQ Bard - weaving and instrument swapping. Could solo kite pretty much anything with room and time if I was so inclined. Excellent support character with songs for just about any situation. The difference between an average bard and a good one was substantial.

Huge gap, then, in no particular order:

EQ SK

Warhammer Warrior Priest

EQ Monk

EQ Druid

I've played a ton of MMOs, but the original EQ obviously was my favorite. A lot has changed since then. Not much for the better, in my opinion.

I don't know how people played Bard in EQ.  You had to constantly switch between songs non stop.  I preferred being able to snare and damage over time every few minutes.  My favorite abilities in an MMO all time are snare, spirit of the wolf, damage over time, and heal.  Especially long duration ones.

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209

I know this is an extremely small sampling, but it's refreshing to see how many people like support/offtank/utility roles. Sadly devs these days avoid them. Thanks recount! 

I remember not being upset that a PURE dps class did more damage than me. BRING BACK BUFFS

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944

lineage II, Blade Dancer ...

guildwars2, Engineer, after playing with this class, its skills and gameplay i see the rest classes so boring ...

extra in Aion i was stuck with Templar ...

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

1) Pre-Nerfed Everquest Necromancer. (God like before they started in with nerfs, first came the resistance to Lifetap then it sort of snowballed from there)

2) Dark Age of Camelot Bonedancer.

3) Pre-Nerfed World or Warcraft Death Knight.

4) Age of Conan Conqueror

5) Everquest 2 Bruiser

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

Samurai (FFXI)

Warrior (FFXI)

Paladin (WoW)

Shaman (WoW)

Guardian (GW2)

There are many I have enjoyed but these 5 were the ones I enjoyed the most. For the 2 from FFXI, I enjoyed those with almost any SJ and for the WoW classes I enjoyed every spec for those 2.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

Pld/War (FFXI) Twinked , Mithra, high ev/parry

War/Thf (FFXI) Twinked /w Greataxe

Blm/Rdm (FFXI) pre burn Twinked. Absurd Int gear Scarry nukes.

Priest (WoW) Pre spirit nerf. Quit playing WoW after that nerf.

Mage (Wow)

• frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    Originally posted by Flyte27

EQ Bard - weaving and instrument swapping. Could solo kite pretty much anything with room and time if I was so inclined. Excellent support character with songs for just about any situation. The difference between an average bard and a good one was substantial.

EQ SK

Warhammer Warrior Priest

EQ Monk

EQ Druid

I've played a ton of MMOs, but the original EQ obviously was my favorite. A lot has changed since then. Not much for the better, in my opinion.

I don't know how people played Bard in EQ.  You had to constantly switch between songs non stop.  I preferred being able to snare and damage over time every few minutes.  My favorite abilities in an MMO all time are snare, spirit of the wolf, damage over time, and heal.  Especially long duration ones.

My wife at the time started playing as a shaman. I switched to Monk and slowly recovered from carpal tunnel syndrome. Many nights offing gnolls at the spires, meeting and grouping with random folk.

Then the new MMOs came out where every class had some kind of solo ability. A pocket healer was no longer needed so I got a divorce. Thanks casuals!

Okay, the last part was a lie. Mostly. 

• CirventhorCirventhor Member Posts: 13

1. Warrior (DAoC)

2. Warrior (WoW)

3. Warrior (GW1)

4. Guardian (LOTRO)

5. Jedi Guardian (SWTOR)

I liked the warrior in GW1 way better than the zerk-based warriors in GW2.

• Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    Originally posted by Flyte27

EQ SK

Warhammer Warrior Priest

EQ Monk

EQ Druid

My wife at the time started playing as a shaman. I switched to Monk and slowly recovered from carpal tunnel syndrome. Many nights offing gnolls at the spires, meeting and grouping with random folk.

Then the new MMOs came out where every class had some kind of solo ability. A pocket healer was no longer needed so I got a divorce. Thanks casuals!

Okay, the last part was a lie. Mostly. 

That's what I was thinking.  I tried a bard for a while and it was fun, but my hands hurt a lot after a while.  They were fun because they had the widest variety of abilities, but they hurt your hand due to the extremely short duration and having to continuously move between them.  It was much easier on my hands to just snare and dot things.  I think I have gone a bit casual.  I even like to use a controller because it's easier on the hands over a long period of time playing a game.