Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is ArcheAge loosing steam here ?

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

I'm still excited about this game with a lot of CAUTION.

Without anything to play right now ( since everything else is not much of an mmo ). I'm still keeping an eye on ArcheAge.

However in the last week we are having less and less posting, and many of the hype posters are now posting on other mmos.  Many of us are waiting for a good sandbox, and this seems to foot the bill......With all their is to do in this game, can it be that it's going stale anyway ?.....I don't know, I'm not playing yet.

After all, paying $150, it would be a blow in pride to post anything negative after the fact.  And many that say the game just keeps getting better and better are gone......I'm not trying to derail anything here, infact I'm trying to justify playing a cash shop game.......On the good side if less people are paying the $150, maybe they will release the game soon.

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

I'm going to play it once it releases - at least to see what it's like in practice. I have a feeling there are a lot of people that don't want to pay $150 and have their progress deleted. There are likely a lot of other people that also don't want to drop $150 but want to try it.

Certainly it has lost steam from when they charged $150 for alpha access. But they still have a long ways to go, considering it will be F2P, to determine whether or not the "steam" is lost long term.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    I expect that the eventual AA release will go similarly to Neverwinter, with a brief flurry of excitement and hype and then it will vanish without trace. Well, maybe not that badly, after all, DF:UW still makes the MMORPG.COM front page 2 or 3 times a year...
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Every game "loses steam" here.  That's how every game works.  ArcheAge is a little different in that it's already been released into the wild, just not so much for the people who post here.

I wouldn't let a game's hype here be the judge of a game's success or "fun" factor.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723

AA should have been out a year ago, if not more. XL really dropped the ball in taking so long to get a Western publisher and I think a lot of would-be fans have wandered away to other things because the wait has been far too long. Add to that $150 for alpha access and a lot of hype has been well and truly killed off.

I have alpha access (invited not paid), but what do I find myself doing when I get home from work? Logging in to Wildstar. I would guess many others are doing the same.

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107
    Still waiting for it to released, not interested in expensive betas.
  • LudwikLudwik Member UncommonPosts: 407

There was some expectation amongst my friends that the game would be having an open beta weekend the first week in June. Watching them come out and say that they dont know when the game was going to be ready has turned a lot of them away.

Gave us the Guild Wars 2 vibe of saying a bunch of stuff than never delivering.

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

Still love the game and having a great time in RU but theres nothing to post.

No news from Trion about anything....  :(

Im sure alot of ppl is in "waiting mode".

Trion is start to be a annoying company with the "no news" policy.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Well, hit level 48 last evening, so should be 50 soon. Created my first alt, a healer that I'll dink around with a bit to get a feel, but I won't be taking any more characters to the top until game goes live.

Still, there is much I don't understand about farming and crafting, so I'll spend some time on those next, also there's a lot of reds to pay back for all the ganks while leveling up and having recently respeced as a Reaper I've got some practicing to do.

Will be trying to build a boat, witness or participate in a castle siege, explore the seas including the bottom, and figure out ways to make gold besides questing.

So far I'm still having fun, there's enough different about the game to hold my interest past the first month anyways.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    AA will gain a large amount of traction in the NA with the announcement of PvE servers. It's coming, whether the game needs them or not. Too much money to turn down for Trion which only has one profitable title in Rift.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• JeepEscapeJeepEscape Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

The only reason why I play less is because I'm waiting for the point where there won't be any more wipes. I've seen everything I wanted to see, and I don't regret my $150 investment even a second. Best money spent in a MMO in a long time, can't wait to play the "final" thing.

And no, I'm not playing "Wildstar", I'd rather be caught dead than playing that game.

Same for me.  I played Alpha for a couple months, really, really enjoyed the game, and then decided to pull back.  I got just far enough in to understand a lot of the game's concepts, and there's still tons left for me to learn and explore. 

I'm going to sit back and wait until wipes are done, then I'll go play it again.  It's a great game for what I'm looking for.

• JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601
    Originally posted by JeepEscape

Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    The only reason why I play less is because I'm waiting for the point where there won't be any more wipes. I've seen everything I wanted to see, and I don't regret my $150 investment even a second. Best money spent in a MMO in a long time, can't wait to play the "final" thing. And no, I'm not playing "Wildstar", I'd rather be caught dead than playing that game.

Same for me.  I played Alpha for a couple months, really, really enjoyed the game, and then decided to pull back.  I got just far enough in to understand a lot of the game's concepts, and there's still tons left for me to learn and explore. 

I'm going to sit back and wait until wipes are done, then I'll go play it again.  It's a great game for what I'm looking for.

Exactly same as me too. I don't regret the 150 at all. I am super excited but don't see a point to continue playing alpha. I am ready for release!
  • JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    Nothing worth posting about until beta announces and we start to get a feel for release time/content. Seem like most threads here are just troll posts anyway.

I miss DAoC

• KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    Paid the bill, casually playing alpha until release. I love the game and will be enjoying this one for a long, long time.
  • General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by Aeonblades
    AA will gain a large amount of traction in the NA with the announcement of PvE servers. It's coming, whether the game needs them or not. Too much money to turn down for Trion which only has one profitable title in Rift.

Don't hold your breath...

Originally posted by General-Zod

Don't hold your breath...

I have no horse in the race either way, as much as I love Rift and Trion as a company, I don't think they are going to turn away a majority of the population that can be an easy source of money for them by releasing PvE only servers. I have more than enough on my plate with WS and ESO at the moment, but in the future I'll probably check out AA once I bore of the two games I currently main.

• Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475

All there is to do in the game is to " Play Farm " and " Grind for the gear ".

• MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Just waiting on Beta and official release date. I like the game alot, but I will admit to preferably waiting on EQN and PFO.

And like others have mentioned I'd rather be caught dead playing Wildstar. I have no issue with cartoony graphics but I will stab myself in the face if I have to play another themepark.

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• bibensdbibensd Member UncommonPosts: 58
    yea sadly in my opinion ArcheAge is 2 years and 150$ alpha money grab short. prolly wont ever play it along with most mmorpg gamers. granted i've played the russian beta for free and all i have to say is Meh.
  • JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

Have not been following AA because of the PvP. If PvE servers are coming, color me interested. Can you confirm or is this rumor?

• GeadinGeadin Member UncommonPosts: 17
    cashcow moomoo
  • MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Originally posted by Jaedor

Have not been following AA because of the PvP. If PvE servers are coming, color me interested. Can you confirm or is this rumor?

Its never happening Trion has already confirmed this several times in their livestreams. If you take out the PVP in ArcheAge you will literally break the game. Even many of the games not direct pve systems are intertwined with the pvp system.

For those that want a game like this but PVE servers only wait for Black Desert.

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

Originally posted by Maquiame

Its never happening Trion has already confirmed this several times in their livestreams. If you take out the PVP in ArcheAge you will literally break the game. Even many of the games not direct pve systems are intertwined with the pvp system.

For those that want a game like this but PVE servers only wait for Black Desert.

Trion also said, and I quote, "Rift will never be Free to play."

Yea, there will eventually be PvE servers, despite what they are saying now.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    As far as hype is concern maybe but the Alpha server is still full and teeming with activity.  I'm personally shelving the game for now and waiting on official release.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Scott Hartsman made that statement and he left the studio over it but in the end it did go F2P and he returned, more then likely after eating a big ole heeping plate of humble pie.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

Originally posted by azzamasin

Scott Hartsman made that statement and he left the studio over it but in the end it did go F2P and he returned, more then likely after eating a big ole heeping plate of humble pie.

Yep. It's one reason why I fully expect them to back track on the no PvE server statements. I just don't see them neglecting the majority market share when Trion is hurting for revenue such as they are now.