Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why WildStar Will Be Practically Dead Within 2-4 Years!

Comments

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    If the Secret World, Perfect World, Alagon and Rift are not dead yet then WS will not die either.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

So, wait...

You're sitting here singing the praises of WoW, yet in the recent past you've said that you hate it (even calling it Warcrap) and making the ridiculous claims that it uses subliminal messages to keep people playing, as seen here.

Furthermore, you've posted the exact same drivel about TESO. Seems to me as if you're just trying to stir up trouble for your own amusement, or given your constant flip-flopping, you're one of the most indecisive people I've ever seen.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886

I mostly agree - cheap ripoff do not deserve any kind of hype or attention IMO

but

Would love to see Wildstar and ESO die like Tabula Rasa

maan, the game was years ahead gameplay wise (the lack of content screwed the entire game) in comparison to any other MMO released around that time

too bad it died before the F2P coonversion trend started -it would have saved the game at least :/

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178
    Originally posted by Pigozz

I mostly agree - cheap ripoff do not deserve any kind of hype or attention IMO

but

Would love to see Wildstar and ESO die like Tabula Rasa

maan, the game was years ahead gameplay wise (the lack of content screwed the entire game) in comparison to any other MMO released around that time

too bad it died before the F2P coonversion trend started -it would have saved the game at least :/

Completely agree.. I really enjoyed it, and it was way ahead of its time.  Its too bad it couldn't have stayed up for just a while longer, looking back now I think it would have caught on around now.  

• MrCorrosionMrCorrosion Member Posts: 5

Personally I agree with the OP, but not for the same reasons.

I think Wildstar is highly generic, yes yes yes I've heard it before "Its not trying to do anything new, just polish the existing methods and make it run smooth." There's a problem with that line of thinking: Its been done already. And even if it hadn't, the time for polishing what's been established ten years ago is meaningless. I still enjoy WoW, not because I think its bringing anything new to the game or still find it a challenge, but because I still enjoy the setting and still manage to have fun with it. If I want something that's new, then I log into The Secret World because that's a game that challenges me with a very clever questing system. However, the real problem with the thinking polishing the existing standard is a simple one, when enough people keep repeating it, enough devs will shy away from trying something new. What happens then? We lose titles with any real potential (World of Darkness for example) that are abandoned in favor of doing something the same with a added new gimmick.

You can say what you will about Everquest Next, but at least someone out there is trying to change the standards and even if it fails, it deserves respect for making a stab at it. Elder Scrolls Online will also likely sink very quickly for the simple reason that most die-hard fans of the Elder Scrolls franchise can't stand it and Zenimax Online has made some incredibly stupid business moves with the game right at launch. Both it and Wildstar will in all likelihood end up with a F2P model within the next year to year and a half. Yes of course there will be keyboard warriors who swoop in to defend both titles, but most of those people flock to such titles because they're something new, once they become disenchanted with the newness of it all, they'll move onto something else. Nothing remotely new has been said here, all the same arguments have been made for SWTOR, GW2, Warhammer Online (and look what a disaster that turned out to be!), AoC and numerous other titles. In the end only time will tell, however, the trends of mmo's over the past ten years do not favor either Wildstar or ESO's odds.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Congratulations

You are all arguing inside an obvious troll thread.

Harbinger of Fools
  • KaniverKaniver Member UncommonPosts: 110

Besides being a blow hard troll..............

the OP is a perfect example of a    Jacalac

• shakermaker0shakermaker0 Member UncommonPosts: 194
    Having a different opinion is not being a troll - it's having a different opinion.
  • kamakahn77kamakahn77 Member Posts: 10

TO:  The OP

Please next time you want to spam us keep it simple

Example:

I Love WoW -- Please Pre-order the Xpac now and Join in on the Boredom err Fun -- sorry let my personal feelings get in there -- LOL

BTW -- I have not even tried WS yet been trying to get a NA pass for days now before laying down 60 but I have no problem with players giving real opinions NOT just WoW fan boys spreading the seed of love for a game that does not need your help in getting subs.

• davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    RIFT DONT WORTH PLAY WILL BE DEAD SOON TERA DONT WORTH PLAY WILL BE DEAD SOON GW2 DONT WORTH PLAY WILL BE DEAD SOON EVERY MMO WILL BE DEAD SOON WOW FANBOY RAGING BECAUS LOSING PPLS
    Originally posted by shakermaker0
    Having a different opinion is not being a troll - it's having a different opinion.

Yeah declaring brand new games dead without more than a bit of fanboy blabbering is an opinion and not trollbait.

I especially love the part where he says all the upcoming games are way better than WS and ESO. Never heard that one before. 

Harbinger of Fools
  • shakermaker0shakermaker0 Member UncommonPosts: 194
    But he may actually think that. 

"Come play the new WoW expansion join in on all the boredom!..............er.............I mean fun!"

----------

"Wildstar isn't worth the time, I still like WoW better."

"STOP TROLLING!"

----------

Yep no double standards here.

• RinnaRinna Member UncommonPosts: 389
    Speculation your honor!   Next!

No bitchers.

Let's try that again shall we?

Example for an opinion #1:

I like ESO because I enjoy the series and don't mind the bugs so much. I also enjoy the slow paced leveling.

Example for an opinion #2:

I greatly enjoy Wildstar because the pole combat animation is something really new that doesn't give me the same old feeling. The cartoon grafics is ok to me and I really love the lore bits.

Example for an opinion #3:

I think with the upcoming games it will be really hard for ESO and WS to stay strong in the market. The competition is already tight and those 2 games aren't special enough to last.

Example for trolling:

Omg those 2 games are mediocre at best and I would love to see them die. I'd rather go play WoW again. Also there are new games coming out which will be so much better because we all know: 

The ideas they present us for new games are always perfectly executed.

Harbinger of Fools
  • drakaenadrakaena Member UncommonPosts: 506
    I see WS going the Rift route. It'll probably stay P2P for a year or two and eventually transition into F2P over time. It'll have its core group of players. WoW's next expansion is going to hit it's numbers hard, though. 
  • RevnikRevnik Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Originally posted by ImperatorBellus

I was thinking of giving this game a chance but I realized it would simply be a waste of time. 

One can stop reading right there. How do you know what it is if you haven't even tried it? Why should your opinion make two bald rats' asses to anyone? Because you watched some kids play it on Twitch?

I admit, I thought the same way until I tried the game. The combat changes alone make the game worth playing. They "stole" Blizzard's mentality of "take the good parts of existing games and put them all in one pot. Add a bit of new stuff and some flare." It works beautifully. 

Besides, how stupid is it to say a game will be gone in 2-4 years when games like Warhammer made it to 5 years, UO is still kicking after close to 20 years, and developers like Blizzard run their games into the ground and still get subs? It will still be around in 2-4 years. Will it be the biggest? Who knows, who cares. 

• SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795

Imo posts like this must awake players and give to their new games (WS, ESO etc) more chances to develop, before they get back to a 10 years old game. I have seen this story again and again. Getting back to WoW, paying the expansion and having fun 1 or 2 months max.

So i m going to stick with WS and if i ll get bored, i ll play something else. I prefer by a mile to play a game that is not of my favorites like ESO, than getting back to WoW.

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

• SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795
    Originally posted by Dakeru

Let's try that again shall we?

Example for an opinion #1:

I like ESO because I enjoy the series and don't mind the bugs so much. I also enjoy the slow paced leveling.

Example for an opinion #2:

I greatly enjoy Wildstar because the pole combat animation is something really new that doesn't give me the same old feeling. The cartoon grafics is ok to me and I really love the lore bits.

Example for an opinion #3:

I think with the upcoming games it will be really hard for ESO and WS to stay strong in the market. The competition is already tight and those 2 games aren't special enough to last.

Example for trolling:

Omg those 2 games are mediocre at best and I would love to see them die. I'd rather go play WoW again. Also there are new games coming out which will be so much better because we all know: 

The ideas they present us for new games are always perfectly executed.

Well written indeed :)

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

• PulsarManPulsarMan Member Posts: 289

"This is the internet, and I like telling people that the things they like are not as good as they think they are. Just cause."

Where in the development of modern society did people become eager for the demise of a piece of entertainment? 

The OP didn't start the post with "THIS IS FACT ALL MUST ACCEPT ON MY WORD". They aren't a troll for having an opinion. It may not be the most eloquent, but that doesn't mean they're a troll for it. But I'm certain the forums are a much safer place for all the troll hunting warriors here that remain vigilant.

I played in the WS beta, and I will not say its a bad game, it isn't, I just don't think its as great as so many others make it out to. I played the ESO beta and as an Elder Scrolls fan, I found it to be farce that didn't resemble the series any real substantial way. Yes I still like WoW, do I think its the best mmo out there? No. Do I understand why people are bored of it? Yes. But frankly, trashing WoW today is as dull as people still repeating George W jokes today.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by Muke

As a alternative for the wall of text:

"I like Blizzard and WoW more then anything else."

Pretty much.

Dear OP, Wow 3 times now has had a SINGLE RAID with NO CONTENT for a year.  That's 3 years of no content.

And you people keep giving them money!?!?!?!

(ICC,Deathwing, and SoO)

Edit:  Now I see OP hasn't replied at all or come back since posting his obvious flame bait post.  :-(

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    The title of this thread made me laugh.

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• OriousOrious Member UncommonPosts: 548

Tabula Rasa... I played when it was free...one of the funnest mmos I've ever played...

• RemainsRemains Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Originally posted by MrCorrosion

The OP didn't start the post with "THIS IS FACT ALL MUST ACCEPT ON MY WORD". They aren't a troll for having an opinion. It may not be the most eloquent, but that doesn't mean they're a troll for it. But I'm certain the forums are a much safer place for all the troll hunting warriors here that remain vigilant.

Ok... so for everyone who's confused about this: its not about what you say (unless its religion or racism etc), its about how you say it.

Now look at the OP again...

"a complete WoW clone"

"generic crap like WildStar and ESO"

"these rip off generic MMO's"

"I will enjoy watching WildStar and ESO die"

"these pieces of Junk generic MMO's"

"ESO AND WILD STAR CAN BURN"

"Would love to see Wildstar and ESO die like Tabula Rasa"

And these were just some of the worst. His post is riddled with immature, inflammatory wording. He could have said it a lot "differently."

This discussion has been closed.