Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking of Playing This...

NeithWeaverNeithWeaver Member Posts: 3

As the title states, I was thinking of playing this.  I'm a little curious... is it any good?  Not compared to WoW or Terra... I don't like those games.  But I am curious of a few things:

1. How is the level scale?  Slow and steady, or pretty quick to burn through?
  2. What is the level cap currently?
  3. How are the Archer Rangers armors for females?  I Googled it, but didn't see anything posted.
  4. Is its population pretty healthy? And if so, is it run by the "elitists" that plague so many older MMO's?
That's it, really.  I like the setting of the world, and I think it could be interesting.  But I played Champions for quite sometime, and after seeing how Cryptic treated the game (not many frequent updates.  When one came, it was vehicles, and that's all they seem to have been focusing on), I've been a little uncertain about how this game would play/update. 

When you look with your eyes- everything seems nice. But if you look twice, you can see it's all lies.

Comments

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772

I personally really enjoy the game.  They seem to be updating frequently so it must be doing pretty well.

1. Leveling is fast.  Like, super fast.  Probably the fastest in any MMO I've ever played.  That being said, once you get to cap there's tons of dailies to do in a few new zones and dungeons to run and PVPing to do.

Most of the focus is definitely on endgame though.

2. 60

3. They look good imo.  Not risque like your Neith though.

4. Yep, seems healthy to me.  There's plenty of people of all gear ranges at level cap.

But really, it's a free game so try it out yourself and decide.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Originally posted by NeithWeaver

As the title states, I was thinking of playing this.  I'm a little curious... is it any good?  Not compared to WoW or Terra... I don't like those games.  But I am curious of a few things:

1. How is the level scale?  Slow and steady, or pretty quick to burn through?
    2. What is the level cap currently?
    3. How are the Archer Rangers armors for females?  I Googled it, but didn't see anything posted.
    4. Is its population pretty healthy? And if so, is it run by the "elitists" that plague so many older MMO's?
    That's it, really.  I like the setting of the world, and I think it could be interesting.  But I played Champions for quite sometime, and after seeing how Cryptic treated the game (not many frequent updates.  When one came, it was vehicles, and that's all they seem to have been focusing on), I've been a little uncertain about how this game would play/update. 

Truthfully, if the reason you don't like Tera is the combat system.  You will not like Neverwinter.  Since the combat is a more simple version of Tera's aiming action combat.  If it's for other reasons.  All I can say is that's up to your opinion.  

Here's the thing.  The game is F2P.  So, regardless if you like it or not.  You can try it out and lose nothing but time.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

+1 to the others, it's a fun game, has some nice mechanics, and since it's f2p and the client is not very large, definitely worths some time for check.

However, Mr.Gibson made a valid point, if you don't like Tera because of the combat, Neverwinter's one is pretty similar to that.

The leveling is like Flash (of DC) on steroids... I'm not saying as a fact, but I'm fairly sure it's maybe the fastest 1-60 journey among mmo's.

As for the CO comparison, as a fellow Champion I must agree, seems CO is became Cryptic's abandoned stepchild during the last years. And I think Neverwinter has some part of it.

But because of that, you don't need to have concerns about updates in Neverwinter, it's their current big love-project, so it already received a handful of big updates / packs since launch, alongside with smaller ones and events.

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

The game can be enjoyable, but I'd strongly advise against spending money on the 'Packs'.  I purchased a "Knight of the Feywild" Pack because it offered a Unicorn mount and a Feywild Regalia costume (basically a costume that gives you faerie wings).  Laugh all you want =P

Unfortunately, I went to create another character, and when I went to the in-game Reward Claim Agent to pick up the "Knight of the Feywild" pack for my new character, the 'Feywild Regailia' costume was missing.  I then went to the official Neverwinter website, and interestingly enough, they had stealth-removed the Feywild Regalia costume from the pack.

Considering I had purchased the pack WITH that costume included, you would think that when each of my characters went to pick up their pack, that costume would still be there despite any decision on the company's part to alter the pack for later buyers, since it WAS included in the pack at the time I purchased it.

So, if you purchase one of their packs with the expectation that all of your characters will get the items the website claimed they would get, be ready to be disappointed.  Very slimy business tactics on the part of Perfect World Entertainment.  Cryptic did a nice job of creating a fun game but the money-generating items are shady at best.