Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Issue #9: The Black Signal

drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

I cant link the video but its avail on youtube!

TOKYO AWAIT!!cheer!

Comments

• codejackcodejack Member Posts: 208

Screw these jerks!

I didn't like Issue 8, so I'm not even allowed to try Issue 9?

What a bunch whiny brats.

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Originally posted by codejack

Screw these jerks!

You can also get into Tokyo by doing the investigations in the sidestories pack.

• hehenephehenep Member UncommonPosts: 221
    Originally posted by Ortwig

Screw these jerks!

You can also get into Tokyo by doing the investigations in the sidestories pack.

If that's who I think it is from the TSW forums they don't like scenarios to the point where they won't group up for scenarios, won't be carried through scenarios, and won't spend money on the Side Stories mission pack so they won't have to run scenarios.

• dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Originally posted by hehenep

Screw these jerks!

If that's who I think it is from the TSW forums they don't like scenarios to the point where they won't group up for scenarios, won't be carried through scenarios, and won't spend money on the Side Stories mission pack so they won't have to run scenarios.

. . . and responded to every attempt at help by flaming and insulting until people lost patience, the thread degenerated and got locked by the mods. It does appear to be the same poster.

[EDIT: in case anyone cares, http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=79747]

But yeah, you could have made enough token currency to get into Tokyo by running 1-2 Scenarios A MONTH between #8 and #9 launch (I was being woefully over-optimistic in my comments last November where I put it at "one or two a week"). Probably less if you grouped. Or bought the Sidestories: Further Analysis DLC (which is worth it in its own right for the missions therein) at which point you could get the forged seal with ingame currency.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Screw these jerks!

I never bought issue #8 - hotel scenarios can be played for free.

Just play them a few times to earn tokens and that's it.

Harbinger of Fools
  • Another_FanAnother_Fan Member UncommonPosts: 48

Well I can understand a combative atmosphere on the TSW forums.

When scenarios were released Joel Bylos said in his letter "Not everyone is going to enjoy these". You turn that into English and you get "A whole lot of people are going to be really unhappy with these", because there is no way a game director goes in expectations management mode without there being a real problem. So our poster has bought issue 8 found he was part of the group that really didn't like scenarios, and is now told oh you wasted your money on I8, here buy this pack it has more things you don't like but for $10.00 you can bypass the first thing you spent $10.00 on not to like so you can get to Tokyo for a total of $30.00 $20.00 of that spent for crap you really didn't want in the first place, and then there is grind a million pax to get the venice pass ?

So yeah, I can see where he is coming from.

Originally posted by Another_Fan

Except it wasn't really a combative atmosphere on the forums. It was largely a lot of people trying to explain the whole thing and offer what help they could. Mind you it moved away from that once he came back at the people offering help unpleasantly because he didn't want the offered help but it did generally start as people being understanding and attempting to help.

It's not a perfect forums but as far as MMO forums go it's one of the less unpleasant ones I've run into.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by Dakeru

Screw these jerks!

I never bought issue #8 - hotel scenarios can be played for free.

Just play them a few times to earn tokens and that's it.

same here,I hope ,I am not to be forced grind for augments,coz in that case I ll leave that awesome MMORPG

I am ok with aegis stuff upgrading grind,replaying missions but scenarios are bored for me

• Another_FanAnother_Fan Member UncommonPosts: 48

Except it wasn't really a combative atmosphere on the forums. It was largely a lot of people trying to explain the whole thing and offer what help they could. Mind you it moved away from that once he came back at the people offering help unpleasantly because he didn't want the offered help but it did generally start as people being understanding and attempting to help.

It's not a perfect forums but as far as MMO forums go it's one of the less unpleasant ones I've run into.

There have been quite a few closed threads lately and the rather heavy handed moderation is likely the reason the forums seem so friendly.

I am not familiar with the thread in question but I am willing to bet that the OP was offered workarounds with the assumption he should accept them as mana from heaven. I appreciate that people who go to the trouble of being helpers on game forums are looking to be special snowflakes but this type of advice is often incredibly condescending. The real help that could be offered is to just let him know that there was no good solution to his situation, there are some work arounds that are not particularly pleasant and move on. From my perspective it is just one more in a line of curious decisions. I am perfectly aware you can't please everyone but going out of your way to exclude people doesn't seem to be very desirable.

Imagine how you might feel if Tokyo were gated behind a jumping puzzle like the one in Cost of Magic ? If you happen to like jumping puzzles, insert particular kind of content you don't care for.

People telling you it's not that bad, or that you can do some other odious kind of content would not sit well with you.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

When scenarios were released Joel Bylos said in his letter "Not everyone is going to enjoy these". You turn that into English and you get "A whole lot of people are going to be really unhappy with these", because there is no way a game director goes in expectations management mode without there being a real problem. So our poster has bought issue 8 found he was part of the group that really didn't like scenarios, and is now told oh you wasted your money on I8, here buy this pack it has more things you don't like but for $10.00 you can bypass the first thing you spent $10.00 on not to like so you can get to Tokyo for a total of $30.00 $20.00 of that spent for crap you really didn't want in the first place, and then there is grind a million pax to get the venice pass ?

So yeah, I can see where he is coming from.

I'm as casual as can be and even I have a few millions to spend so I think you are exaggerating.

Additionally the real pass can be bought for 80 tokens and with a bit of know how you can play the free hotel scenario and earn 18 tokens a day.

Harbinger of Fools

Well, nice to see that many of the same forum trolls are on both sites.

No, the problem in "that thread" was that I stated from the outset that I knew about the side stories, but still got 50+ assholish replies about it, many of them the same people saying the same thing over and over again.

Then I made a sarcastic comment about talking to badly programmed robots, because I kept getting the same irrelevant replies, and I got reported and infraction points for it.

Then I tried to report the people who were flaming me, and got more infraction points for it.

Fair enough; there are plenty of cool new games coming out, so I never have to give Boringcom another dime.

Originally posted by dancingstar

Screw these jerks!

. . . and responded to every asshole telling me that I should just shut up and play what I am told to play by calmly explaining that I already knew everything they are telling me until people started reporting me for sarcasm

Fixed.

you could have made enough token currency to get into Tokyo by running 1-2 Scenarios A MONTH between #8 and #9 launch

Sure, if I had been playing the game when Issue 8 launched.

You really didn't read a word I wrote in that thread, did you?

I'm as casual as can be and even I have a few millions to spend so I think you are exaggerating.

?!

I'm still saving up for my 3rd sprint boost, and you have millions?! Did you get a really nice purple drop and auction it off for a fortune or something?

?!

I'm still saving up for my 3rd sprint boost, and you have millions?! Did you get a really nice purple drop and auction it off for a fortune or something?

Yea, if you're mostly just leveling up through the game and still buying bag space/sprint boosts pax can be a little short. Once you get to the point where you have your sprints and are happy with your bag space then it actually starts to roll in relatively easily. There's always the problem where folks forget how hard it was to keep money back when they were saving up for things. It should still be flowing in for you at a decent pace but you just have it earmarked for something(theoretically).

Then I made a sarcastic comment about talking to badly programmed robots, because I kept getting the same irrelevant replies, and I got reported and infraction points for it.

Then I tried to report the people who were flaming me, and got more infraction points for it.

I think the main problem was that in your OP you didn't actually mention anything about what you'd tried and what you didn't want to do and let's face it, the majority of people won't read the entire thread before responding to the op. So you got a bunch of people trying to offer you help that by that point you'd already said you didn't want and you let it get you annoyed/upset.

Also honestly I've always found it best to avoid sarcasm when not face-to-face with someone. It tends to make me come across more as a jerk than as someone trying to make a joke and having read the thread (and stayed out of it) it kind of does the same to you. Though if you got some sort of infraction points for what you said in that thread then plenty of other people deserved it as well. As far as bad threads go it wasn't that horrible really.