Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

needing info on DAYZ

BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482

hey i played dayz when you had to mod it from arma2 and i really enjoyed it for awhile..but then the community started to explode with hackers left n right

so as a stand alone dayz is this better? did they clean it up a bit or is the hacking still running rampid because i really loved it before the insane hacks started from the arma2 mod

did they take anything away from the arma2 mod dayz to this dayz? or are they basicly the same..just more tightened up / cleaned.

Comments

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Watch the hundreds of streams on twitch to get a feel for what the game is like.

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• KangaroomouseKangaroomouse Member Posts: 394

It is using the ARMA II Engine and it still has the same problems as the mod had. Loot only re-spawns when they restart the servers (rofl), interface is crap, the net-code is abysmal and you have constant de-sync and other issues, gazillion bugs and since Dean Hall is leaving this game will probably never be finished.

----

Steam just changed the text to warn everyone that Early Access games might NEVER get finished. Check the DayZ Page:

This Early Access game may or may not change significantly over the course of development

When will these games release?

Its up to the developer to determine when they are ready to 'release'. Some developers have a concrete deadline in mind, while others will get a better sense as the development of the game progresses. You should be aware that some teams will be unable to 'finish' their game. So you should only buy an Early Access game if you are excited about playing it in its current state. [ http://store.steampowered.com/earlyaccessfaq/ ]

----

Buyer Beware!

• steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352

Dayz SA is vastly different and IMHO inferior to Dayz (modded/Epoch).

Modded Dayz (Epoch) - Focus on sandbox, base building, crafting, and vehicles

Dayz SA - Has none of the above and focuses more toward player torment and deathmatch style gameplay. In SA the sandboxiness comes from the survival items and what you can do with them or use them on other players.

I guess it just comes down to what you are looking for. While there are many planned features with SA, at it's current state I would not even consider it close to comparable to Dayz Epoch. I need more out of my game than PKing and player torment which is why I got bored of SA in two weekends and I am still playing Epoch after several months. This is also probably why Dayz Epoch has nearly triple the players SA does.

Also note that Arma 3 Epoch is soon to be released as well which will make SA look even more dated.

• BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482
    thx for tha info..guess im still on the hunt for a decent sandbox / mmo
  • irnbru69irnbru69 Member UncommonPosts: 124

if you dont want your gameplay ruined on dayz mod join a private hive server with active admins. I had a great time on dayz mod looking forward to standalone. I have the SA but its no where near finished yet better off stick to dayz mod.

Try Epoch mod on the arma 2 dayz, it has friendly servers also. Lots of crafting base building locked safes to store your goods etc etc.

All you need to do is get dayz commander and play using that, you can also download the mods and the arma 2 patch using dayz commander. It even has server browser with options to only show certain dayz mods like Epoch.

Peace bambi =)

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603

IF you want my opinion, I would buy DayZ Standalone now while it is cheap, but just leave it in your Steam Library and don't play it until it's finished if you are going to be critical. The game is far from done, however I have put about 600 hours into it and have seen first hand the changes they are making and what is planned for the future.

This game will probably be one of the best games every made upon released date. That is also considering Dean Hall sticks with it and doesn't take all the money he has made and run.

• JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 674
    Originally posted by BurntCabbage
    thx for tha info..guess im still on the hunt for a decent sandbox / mmo

I can give you a very quick answer that is what I feel. DO NOT BUY THIS AT IT'S CURRENT STATE. Sorry for the caps! :)