Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar - First Impressions

2»

Comments

• HerzyHerzy Member UncommonPosts: 184
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle

My wife and I found a Alison Wonderland easter egg. Eat some mushrooms and shrunk down to get in a small cave. Was very trippy inside and even got some sweet loot for it. 

That is freaking cool...makes you go nuts over what else they have hidden.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by Azmodeus
    Hey Tibbs let us know when you request a full refund of the game.   Sorry could not resist!   image

You know I won't do that ;) there are only two significantly minor issues with this game that I've run into. Carbine is definitely more deserving of someone's money than Zenimax at this point. I give them Kudos for releasing a solid product.

To be honest though I think a drugged out homeless person is more deserving of someone's money than zenimax at this point.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989

Wow, you're pretty far ahead of me, I'm only level 15 at the moment. thanks for the spoiler though :D

Naaa Im only level 9, there is 2 starting areas. When you go to leave the starting area ship you see on your quest just before you take the shuttle down, you have the option to go to the other starting area if you read it. I liked it better in beta testing so its where we went to level. 

I like that starter area better too. Thanks for the tip. Is it open to anyone or do you need to be an explorer? I'm a level 11 human engineer/scientist - Torkwrench on Evindra (NA-RP).

I made it to the central hub in the zone to get my crafting professions. I'm having a really hard time sorting out which two to choose. Here are some viable possibilities:

Armourer/Miner - This seems to have an obvious benefit, but traditional gear trades don't usually age well in crafting.

Technologist/Relic Hunter - This is pretty attractive. Boosts, buffs, and heal pots never go out of style.

Architect/Mining - I will have an architect and that fits an engineer, but I'm not sure if it's right for a first character or this character. This one will mean buying mats from others and leveling alts to farm stuff, but the housing aspect is appealing. I don't know what FABKits are yet.

Cooking sounds okay, but not for this character. I'm not really seeing the benefits of food yet at these early levels. I've gotten some as drops and haven't used any yet.

Once I sort out crafting professions I can get back to adventuring, after I explore that cave.

Architect works best with Survivalist as you use more wood then anything else. But it is by far the hardest trade because you need something from each harvest type. As long as you recycle every bit of loot you get, you will be ok but you will need to buy supplies from time to time unless you make an alt. But if you do pick that path, its hardcore hard.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Good first impressions OP.

It's official, I like it much more than I thought I would. Several months ago I had a different opinion of this and ESO. I would have given the edge to the Elder Scrolls, but this is more enjoyable imho.  The Looney Tune atmosphere grows on you and you let down your "I'm a man" ego, and let the kid in you run free. It has so much to do! 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

Despite my total disappointment of headstart (and what I do not understand them best ever beta)... now things have settled down and I can finally enjoy the game. Still I think CEO responsible should be hanged by feet for few days in front of office. 90% or more of problems were caused only by terrible queues, caused by not enough servers at start and allowing too many people on already full servers. Incredible mistake I have rarely witnessed. If you KNOW i.e. 20.000 players already purchased for headstart ... you can NOT make available in total servers that can support 1/4 of that number. Of course it can not work.

PRO

• no forced use for WASD, using mouse

• fun, humor

• very fluid movement

• controls responding as expected, very well

• client loading very fast

• no single bug or crash in 3 last beta days (but one of worst headstarts I ever played ... actually .. there was no headstart I guess for majority of players)

• only game so far where i.e. river is driving you in direction of water flow ... amazing! Must constantly battle water flow. :-)

CONS

• only 1 (ONE!) toolbar with 8 active keys; if I will stop to play I’m already sure this will be for this problem because problem it is; usually this spells button mashing, especially as abilities starts to pile up; always hated when game enforces me to “select” only some spells out of zillion; leave that to PLAYER!, if somebody likes can play game with single spell and any game but if i wish to have 2 or 3 toolbars full of abilities that is MY problem

even on that single toolbar keys are unlocked with leveling so up to i.e. only at lv. 9 you will have 6 unlocked, at lv. 1 only single; I always in any game have “spam” spell on button 5 and hate being forced move that to key 1 or 2; want to have healing spells on other toolbar and usually main 2 linked to F4 and F5, ... etc .... whole toolbar(s) should be unlocked since level 1 even if single spell available at start; fortunately is possible to move spells to any already unlocked button, lessening somewhat this problem

• logout should be immediate if in safe area (or is not just in beta as advertisement is displayed while logging out)

• some patch at the end of beta caused fps to drastically fall down with same computer and same settings; stayed so at release, too

JUST NOTE

• graphics and style somehow reminds me CO (just noted, is not for bad or for good)

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353

This game is a whole bunch of fun, but certain things really turn me off.

the AMP system sounds awesome, except I have to explore, RNG, grind rep and play the economy to have every option available to me, AND i have to level to get the points to spend on these AMPS I found. Well I don't like aimlessly exploring in games, so WS just told me to shove it basically. Exploring is getting realllly tiring because...............

Datacubes as Scientist are required for zone path mission completion. I am a scientist not an explorer. Why do I have to walk around the entire map and find hidden datacubes to complete one small path mission?....explorer at least get an arrow helper for their quests..

Other then those two irritating things, I am having a lot of fun.

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile