Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Check out Shards Online !!

GungaDinGungaDin Member UncommonPosts: 514

What that UO feel but with upgraded mechanics ?  Shards is your game.   I played in the Battle of the Backers 2 last night and it was the most fun i've had in a game in awhile.  

They have started with PvP and combat, but more features will be stressed during the last week of Kickstarer (Crafting, thievery, housing). 

So keep an eye out.  I pledged this week and hope it gets funded.  

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1468280928/shards-online-a-customizable-sandbox-mmorpg

Check out the Shards Online Forum here at MMORPG.com for more links to events and news. 

I back this game !! hahah

Comments

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547

I watched you guys play last night and was not impressed. Was thinking of backing the project but after what I saw.... no! Looks like UO, it's just a copy and paste of the old game... with nicer color. Whats so different about it?

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• GungaDinGungaDin Member UncommonPosts: 514

50% of backers want to run their own Shards (like free UO servers).  In fact, some companies that run UO shards want to migrate to Shards Online and use their setup.  The people will have the skills to shape the world, run events, set up almost anything

50% of backers will play Citadel's own shards.  Those will be subscription based, but lower priced than current MMOs.  These servers will be Moderated by Citadel and their staff directly.  So expect content like Maginica being destroyed.  Draconi manufactured that event in UO.  I'm sure they will run tons of live events as well.

So there will be more options.  

I felt the graphics and gameplay were smooth.  The UI and combat bar were unique.  Watch the combat video explaining the main skills on the left, the stances in the middle and spells on the right.  

Movement is mouse controlled, similar to UO.  

To me, its what maybe UO2 could have been like. 

This week they should go over their crafting and thievery ideas too. 

I agree, right now we just have PvP and combat setup, but for an alpha not even a finished KS, thats pretty cool.  They went with combat and PvP first because thats the hardest to get right and balance.  The other features will follow.

Do you have any other questions?  Have you read the entire KS page? Should be more info there for you to digest.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,927
    Originally posted by Tokken

I watched you guys play last night and was not impressed. Was thinking of backing the project but after what I saw.... no! Looks like UO, it's just a copy and paste of the old game... with nicer color. Whats so different about it?

I think the main difference is that it is like the child of UO and Neverwinter Nights.  To me, the draw is the ability to create your OWN servers and tell your own stories.  Want a typical fantasy world with openworld PvP... make one.  Want a fantasy based PvE server where people band together to run dungeons and slay named mobs.. make one.  Want a sci-fi or Western server... make one!

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Update on Systems Shards will cover :

http://citadelstudios.net/?p=2432

More than just PvP :)