Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Appalling Treatment of Landmark Contest Entries

RawynRawyn Member UncommonPosts: 202

When I saw this it was just shocking this was aloud to disrespect the players that had entered the Landmark of Landmark contest. Apparently, while judging Omeed https://twitter.com/omeed/ decided it would be funny to tweet what everyone was saying while judging the entries. Why did they feel this was appropriate to list them making fun of entries? Such disgrace and Below are some of them. Also you can read what players had to say about it and are still voicing opinions on it, of course no one from SOE wants to talk about it . https://forums.station.sony.com/landmark/index.php?threads/almost-post-mortem-on-the-landmarks-of-landmark-contest.39411/

Omeed Dariani @omeed ; ·  May 8

"How does a plot win?" "It has to not be terrible." @Rosierap
"The giant fire props turned upside down... offend me." @JButlerSOE
"Meditate on why you shouldn't have made that." @JButlerSOE
"No. Clown vomit." @Rosierap
"Made the devs laugh - honorable mention." @DaveGeorgeson
"This sort of thing should be discouraged." @StevenKlug
"It's a cathedral that wants to be a transformer." @DaveGeorgeson
"It looks like a trapper keeper I used to have." @EQNjake
"That's polygon abuse!" @StevenKlug
"Is that a giant baby bottle?" @DexellaCM
"It would be awesome if it was good." -@benconrad
"In a non-hot mess, this would be interesting..." @JButlerSOE
"That hand is made of ballpoint pens."
"This is the temple of bad taste." @JButlerSOE on fire!
From @JButlerSOE: "Uninspiring."
From @JButlerSOE: "Horrible."
If you're gonna call it a stallion, it... You know.
From @Rosierap "that's non-parseable."

Comments

• RoyalPhunkRoyalPhunk Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Grow up.
  • RawynRawyn Member UncommonPosts: 202
    Please stay on topic
  • sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849

If there is a contest, why exactly should there be only positive opinions voiced?

As long as the negatives are moderated I see no problem with it. If you bought a game and were not even allowed to say "This game is the temple of bad taste" on the official forums you'd probably be here crying about terrible censorship.

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    People like the OP are why we now walk on eggshells about everything.  QQ moar, nobody cares.  
    They could have been more tactful. It's SOE, they're in the business to get and keep customers not insult them.
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916

LOL bunch of tame quotes without the entry for context. Whatever you do don't read youtube comments if you find this appalling. Overreact much?

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Originally posted by Rawyn
    They could have been more tactful. It's SOE, they're in the business to get and keep customers not insult them.

Then don't play, or just sit back and quiet if you're not willing to put your money where your mouth is.  

• NightliteNightlite Member UncommonPosts: 227

I was kind of expecting a bit more, those comments are tame by twitter standards.. and most likely spot-on.

What do you even hope to gain by coming here with this post? this must be a troll...

• APRIMEAPRIME Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Why does this post use the term appalling?  I came, read it . . . what the heck.  Appalling would be the 10 seconds of my life I'll never get back now.
  • JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by nilden

LOL bunch of tame quotes without the entry for context. Whatever you do don't read youtube comments if you find this appalling. Overreact much?

You Tube comments make me cry =(

Taken from the Landmark forums https://forums.station.sony.com/landmark/index.php?threads/almost-post-mortem-on-the-landmarks-of-landmark-contest.39411/page-15 ""People who work for this company are representing an image of Landmark! These people are the face of this company. Whether or not they "swear" or degrade every build in the game behind closed doors isn't the point of discussion. The fact is, they broadcasted these derogatory remarks on a social network!!""

This sums up why it's appalling and wrong.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    I take it the op took offense due to having an entry and receiving such a response? Otherwise who would care about this?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849

WARNING: When submitting entries to our contest your entry might not be rated 10/10 and we might criticise it. Please proceed with caution if you are prone to getting seriously butthurt.

And Rawyn, the quotes you provided are neither swearing nor derogatory. 

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

Originally posted by sacredfool

WARNING: When submitting entries to our contest your entry might not be rated 10/10 and we might criticise it. Please proceed with caution if you are prone to getting seriously butthurt.

And Rawyn, the quotes you provided are neither swearing nor derogatory. 

Never said they were please re-read

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

OP needs to pull his skirt down. Geez man. That stuff was light heart comments.  Nothing worse than what you'd hear during American Idol or X Factor. I can't stand manufactured outrage and when people abuse strong adjectives like they're building up some legal case.

"Appalling" "derogatory". Go sit down somewhere man.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by FlyByKnight

OP needs to pull his skirt down. Geez man. That stuff was light heart comments.  Nothing worse than what you'd hear during American Idol or X Factor. I can't stand manufactured outrage and when people abuse strong adjectives like they're building up some legal case.

"Appalling" "derogatory". Go sit down somewhere man.

That statement was appalling and derogatory and borderline slander. =P

• NellusNellus Member UncommonPosts: 247

The idea of EQ: Lincoln Log is more appalling to me than anything that was said by the devs. In fact, the "It would be awesome if it was good" is a pretty fitting comment on the game itself as well.

But hey, at least it's something a little different.

- Nellus

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by DMKano

Devs should never be insulting towards their playerbase - its off putting and just makes them look unprofessional and not worthy of having customers.

I agree with OP - shameful display.

If I were the CEO I'd fire all of them - no questions asked, this kind of behavior towards customers is simply uncalled for.

ROFL

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432
    I +1 to "Grow up"...and yes, it is on topic.  You're the type of person who would get offended at someone painting their walls white.
    Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Devs should never be insulting towards their playerbase - its off putting and just makes them look unprofessional and not worthy of having customers.

If I were the CEO I'd fire all of them - no questions asked, this kind of behavior towards customers is simply uncalled for.

I agree, well put.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• CallidorCallidor Member Posts: 371

If I walked up to a piece of art one of these "judges" had painstaking worked on and said something nasty in a public forum and laughed with some cronies, they would no doubt be insulted. That is the measuring stick, not a damn one of those guys would want it done to them, but in typical fashion they don't mind doing it to someone else.

And shame on the blatant chest beating toward the OP. Folks really gotta find a better way to communicate with people without so much false machismo. OP has a valid point , no reason to go all playground. 

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Having wandered around Landmark a bit I understand those comments.

Y'all haven't seen the 8 story tall toilet or the 3 story tall spider that would look better if it had been made of LEGOs.

There are a few works in progress that show promise.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

While I don't think the quotes were all that bad, I agree. The fact of the matter is that, regardless of the situation, employees should not be speaking in such a fashion (at least not in public) about customers. It shows a complete lack of both consideration and professionalism and, while being fired (especially for a first offense) is a bit on the extreme side, they should definitely be disciplined.

It never ceases to amaze me how lenient the software industry is on things that, should they occur in a different industry, would result in firings and lawsuits. Insulting customers, delaying releases, releasing half-finished products, false advertising... unbelievable the crap software companies get away with.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Originally posted by Solar_Prophet

While I don't think the quotes were all that bad, I agree. The fact of the matter is that, regardless of the situation, employees should not be speaking in such a fashion (at least not in public) about customers. It shows a complete lack of both consideration and professionalism and, while being fired (especially for a first offense) is a bit on the extreme side, they should definitely be disciplined.

It never ceases to amaze me how lenient the software industry is on things that, should they occur in a different industry, would result in firings and lawsuits. Insulting customers, delaying releases, releasing half-finished products, false advertising... unbelievable the crap software companies get away with.

Next time use your sarcasm font, DMKano. 

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by Kajidourden
    People like the OP are why we now walk on eggshells about everything.   

This.