Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not that bad

Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

So I DL'd this game last night and I have to say i'm pleasently surprised. I thought, "Oh god not another shooter and F.E.A.R. at that", seeing as how I hated the single player games.

I really like the story co-op. And the PvP content is not that bad either. I was able to find matches for PvP and PvE with no problem and for once there was no shit talking in chat.

This all might change but for now it's a really good game. Worth a try at least before forming an opinion.

Just one games opinion only.

Comments

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Thanks for taking the time to post this.  I never even heard of an online F.E.A.R. game.  So, I will definitely take a look.  If it's F2P, I can't lose.
  • Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Originally posted by MrMelGibson
    Thanks for taking the time to post this.  I never even heard of an online F.E.A.R. game.  So, I will definitely take a look.  If it's F2P, I can't lose.

From what I saw you can buy everything in game. No P2W as far as I can see. No way to buy in game money either. Looks like we earn it all.

And yes fully F2P.

• AlumicardAlumicard Member UncommonPosts: 388

Some hours ago I saw the game is in more or less open beta (no key needed) and downloaded it.

First of all you start with enough money to buy or craft 1-2 weapons which is nice imho. A weapon is about 20-30k and each game I got about 1k so that could be worse. There is a premium currency (the silver thingy) although I havent found anything to buy with it but that might be a beta thing. I hope you can only buy the "fashion" stuff like glasses, helmets and masks with it later on but that is just me.

First I did the PvE easy mission to get a feeling for the game and must say it is not bad at all. The mission itself gets easy after a while as all raids do basicly when you know what you are doing but the first few tries were not that easy especially the boss fight wiped us twice. And if you dont work as a team you cant win because at one part of it one of you has to defuse a bomb while the others protect him. You can revive your teammates with 25% hp so that is a plus imho.

You have dailys for each mode, pve(easy,med,hard), dm, counter-strike like bomb defuse and 2-3 other modes but those I havent tried yet. Each daily is divided into 3 you can call them stages I guess. First is one reward, 2nd two rewards and 3rd is, you guessed it, three rewards.

Only  things that bothered me so far is 1. there arent many weapons to choose from but well... beta. LoL didnt have much champs in that phase either so I hope it improves over time. And 2. that for a stage 3 mission you need to end the PvE mission with rank A which basicly means you have to fail on the final level. Would be nice if you got it when you finish it with rank S. And 3. people who block you when you want to run from a grenade.

If you are bored and looking for a fps game then give it a try. And if you do and play DM rooftop then take a walk downstairs ... it's nice down there ; )