It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
First off, anyone who knows me from these forums, knows I do not particularly like MMOs anymore.
I have a love hate relationship with WoW, I hate cartoony and cutsey tootsie graphics, and I avoided Wild Star up until the final beta, even avoiding reading anything about it.
I also despise subscriptions.
Yet, I played the final beta, open beta, and plan on subbing to Wild Star.
Here is why I love the game that has all the things I hate in it.
1) ITS FUN
2) Not a WoW clone...the character graphics are not like WoW, they are a combo of Orcs Must Die and some characters from the old "Loony Toons" "Bug Bunny" cartoons, and the only thing similar to WoW is some of the landscapes, which blow WoWs away.
3) There is a ton to do...I mean a TON and if you some how run out of things to do, just run off in any direction and you will find something!
4) PvP is so different than WoW, more complex, i.e. moodie masks and the mechanics to their spawning and when you can grab them, also dont expect anyone to speed hack across the landscape or any other type of speed buff when carrying a flag/moodie mask.
5) Zerg? What Zerg? I see the teams that win have one really goodplayer guarding the masks, while the rest of team grabs masks, its called TEAMWORK....organizationand teamwork wins.
6) Anyone who claims to have played this game and says its a WoW clone has never played it. Its fun, challenging, and can appease the casual gamer up thru hard core gamers.
7) Also it has lasting value..unlike Elder Scrolls which does offer a nice relaxing immersive game, with very interesting crafting, it still wears thin quickly. Not so with Wild Star, there is no unfun grind like parts of WoW or shallowness as in ESO.
Wild Stars only flaw is the starting areas...they do not do justice to the game and even almost scared me away from Wild Star. If you can suffer thru the starting areas, which some indeed do like, the game is totally different once you leave them and just keeps getting better and better every level. By level 15 its a totally different game in teh major cities.
Watch all the videos on the wild star site, especially War Plots #2.
Also, housing is the most awesome experience that no one can touch....
Remember..I hate MMOs, subs....but I really like Wild Star.