Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wildstar - Will you purchase it or not and why? (Poll)

Comments

• krimson89krimson89 Member Posts: 31
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by krimson89
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    I was a full time tester for over a year and I really enjoy Wildstar and think its better quality game then we have seen in many years. By that I mean it is polished and has an elder game and lots of it. They have put a new spin on many old ideas and they are fun. I bought 2 copies for my wife and I but this will just be a lay over till EQN comes out. If EQN sucks, we will be back to Wildstar. 

Exactly, I feel like this game is just very polished and complete with a very small evolution.

If that's what you are looking for that's great that you have found it. I'd rather deal with bugs and issues if it means I'm playing something akin to SWG again. Which is really what I'm looking for in the MMORPG space. My idea of elder game isn't raiding or dungeon crawls, it's being a part of a greater sum that all flows together into a coherent ecology.

My best MMO experience ever was PRE-CU SWG. Wildstar is in no way what I'm looking for. But it is what's there and it is fun so I'll play it for now because guess what? I don't see anything close to a PRE-CU SWG type game out there.

You're right about that, there really isn't anything else really going on right now, so I don't blame you for that stance. There's some hope though with titles like the repopulation, Star Citizen and a few others.

Yea, I definitely have my eyes on those 2. It's hard to get excited for that kind of stuff anymore, nobody seems to be able to do it right these days. I remember being soooo excited for Earthrise for years and we all know how that turned out... Star Citizen looks like it could be the real deal though. One can only hope.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

I won't be paying for it for two reasons.

First is the most obvious one: I simply don't have the money to spend on a subscription game.

The second one is, well, a bit of a point of contention: in the current MMO market, there is a good chance that Wildstar will become either B2P or F2P in several months (although I personally hope it will be longer than "several"), and I will wait until then.

Also I never buy MMOs at launch so that the bugs and server issues are given time to be fixed.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    I was a full time tester for over a year and I really enjoy Wildstar and think its better quality game then we have seen in many years. By that I mean it is polished and has an elder game and lots of it. They have put a new spin on many old ideas and they are fun. I bought 2 copies for my wife and I but this will just be a lay over till EQN comes out. If EQN sucks, we will be back to Wildstar. 

Exactly, I feel like this game is just very polished and complete with a very small evolution.

If that's what you are looking for that's great that you have found it. I'd rather deal with bugs and issues if it means I'm playing something akin to SWG again. Which is really what I'm looking for in the MMORPG space. My idea of elder game isn't raiding or dungeon crawls, it's being a part of a greater sum that all flows together into a coherent ecology.

My best MMO experience ever was PRE-CU SWG. Wildstar is in no way what I'm looking for. But it is what's there and it is fun so I'll play it for now because guess what? I don't see anything close to a PRE-CU SWG type game out there.

You're right about that, there really isn't anything else really going on right now, so I don't blame you for that stance. There's some hope though with titles like the repopulation, Star Citizen and a few others.

You want sandbox, you will want to play EQN when it comes out. Its so organic that server to server it will look different depending on the actions of players. Cities on one server will be ruins on another server and on another a city will have never been made. 

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Yea, I definitely have my eyes on those 2. It's hard to get excited for that kind of stuff anymore, nobody seems to be able to do it right these days. I remember being soooo excited for Earthrise for years and we all know how that turned out... Star Citizen looks like it could be the real deal though. One can only hope.

I'm in full agreement mode on that. :)

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

You want sandbox, you will want to play EQN when it comes out. Its so organic that server to server it will look different depending on the actions of players. Cities on one server will be ruins on another server and on another a city will have never been made. 

YEah I'll definitely check that out same with H1Z1 and a few others, I'm very intrigued by the AI system EQN will be using.

Originally posted by MadDemon64

I won't be paying for it for two reasons.

First is the most obvious one: I simply don't have the money to spend on a subscription game.

The second one is, well, a bit of a point of contention: in the current MMO market, there is a good chance that Wildstar will become either B2P or F2P in several months (although I personally hope it will be longer than "several"), and I will wait until then.

Also I never buy MMOs at launch so that the bugs and server issues are given time to be fixed.

Personally I think Wildstar will survive for a while with a sub fee just like FFXIV has. I think the C.R.E.D.D system which is similar to EVE's PLEX system will also help with that.

Subscription fee's are justified by frequent content updates, and it looks like Wildstar has a pretty good plan so far.

If you really want to play it, saving 50 cents a day has to be possible? I mean I don't know your situation but I hope you are just going through a rough time and it improves soon, just for your sake... If you are cutting it that close every month where you don't have $15 extra you are living way out of your means.

YEah I'll definitely check that out same with H1Z1 and a few others, I'm very intrigued by the AI system EQN will be using.

Agreed, got my eye on this one as well... so cool that player created things will be in the game as well.

Actually, giving it some thought lol... SOE was responsible for the greatness that was PRE-CU SWG, even though they totally ruined it later on... I think our best hope is with them and EQN since they are finally making another sandbox attempt.
    Actually, giving it some thought lol... SOE was responsible for the greatness that was PRE-CU SWG, even though they totally ruined it later on... I think our best hope is with them and EQN since they are finally making another sandbox attempt.

I know a lot of SWG vets would disagree due to the way they handled SWG, but I think they learned a valuable lesson there that they would not repeat. SO I have to agree with you.

• SatsunoryuSatsunoryu Member UncommonPosts: 285
    Fiance and I both bought, along with many friends, looking to have a great time in the game.  Requested time off work a week after launch though, hoping by then the problems they will surely have will be ironed out :P.

I know a lot of SWG vets would disagree due to the way they handled SWG, but I think they learned a valuable lesson there that they would not repeat. SO I have to agree with you.

Yeah I definitely get where you are coming from there as well. Imagine if EQN was exactly what we wanted and we were immersed in this world for like 2 or 3 years then they pulled the same crap again. I can tell you I'd be done with SOE for good lol. I don't think they would make that mistake again.

Yeah I definitely get where you are coming from there as well. Imagine if EQN was exactly what we wanted and we were immersed in this world for like 2 or 3 years then they pulled the same crap again. I can tell you I'd be done with SOE for good lol. I don't think they would make that mistake again.

I'd expect SOE HQ to quite literally burn if that were to happen lol

• BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482

OP ..will i purchase it ..NO 

OP ..why not :  because it looks like free realms online and thats not my cup of tea , if i wanted to play a game that seems to be  marketed for 8-13yr old crowd i would..so im not

i just cant get into these sort of grafix in a game and  i even  tryd beta and it was a utter joke

this is nothing more than another over hyped hand holding mmorpg ..nothing new here move along and to make it even worse they want a sub fee..smh

• hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621
    Originally posted by hatefulpeace
    Originally posted by Bruhza

Edit - Please leave a response why or why not. I am mainly doing this to see what people find good or bad about the game. What keeps you away or coming back for more?

Hello.

I haven't seen anything like this lately so I thought I would make one a little bit before the release.

Are you going to purchase Wildstar and what is your reason for what you decided? I just want a general view of what people find as this games main strengths and weaknesses.

I'll start. I will be purchasing it.

Strength - The difficulty is refreshing.

Weakness - Leveling "Could" get linear if you make too many alts at once.

I voted no. I played the close beta and the graphics hurt my eyes, and head. I was able to play for a hour or so, and it would start to physical hurt. I also don't like the graphics. The game play and animations were good, although the telegraph things were what gave me a head ache, I think. Also I don't like that there is no meaning full economy. It just seems to be the same as every other Mmo out there, with different graphics.

LOL! Physically hurt? Are you kidding me? What is with these trolls?

How is that trolling. The game give me a head ache to where I can't play any more. That's like saying some one got a elliptic episode from the game, and they don't want to play so they are troll. What is with these ignorants!

• TerriusTerrius Member Posts: 14

I have purchased this game because it hit my funny bone HARD.. and I just had fun :)

easy decision for the relatively low $$ to fun ratio.. cheaper than sex.. just saying..

and yes, I love you wife :)

Family Game Night
    www.familygamenight.enjin.com

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    No, not buying. 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Originally posted by Bruhza

Edit - Please leave a response why or why not. I am mainly doing this to see what people find good or bad about the game. What keeps you away or coming back for more?

Hello.

I haven't seen anything like this lately so I thought I would make one a little bit before the release.

Are you going to purchase Wildstar and what is your reason for what you decided? I just want a general view of what people find as this games main strengths and weaknesses.

I'll start. I will be purchasing it.

Strength - The difficulty is refreshing.

Weakness - Leveling "Could" get linear if you make too many alts at once.

I voted no. I played the close beta and the graphics hurt my eyes, and head. I was able to play for a hour or so, and it would start to physical hurt. I also don't like the graphics. The game play and animations were good, although the telegraph things were what gave me a head ache, I think. Also I don't like that there is no meaning full economy. It just seems to be the same as every other Mmo out there, with different graphics.

How is that trolling. The game give me a head ache to where I can't play any more. That's like saying some one got a elliptic episode from the game, and they don't want to play so they are troll. What is with these ignorants!

You didn't say you had an epileptic seizure there did you buddy? You said looking at it physically hurt you, which is completely bogus. If looking at that hurts you then looking at a lot of things hurts you and it isn't Wildstar's fault. Epileptic seizures are something entirely different. Before you call me ignorant, get a damn education. 

This is also the reason Nintendo and some games tell you to take breaks every 30 minutes or an hour or so. Some people get a headache or uncomfortable from looking at a screen for a while, especially something "game-like" with lots of colors. So in the first place, you aren't even supposed to sit there for hours with no break...

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

I played the open beta till i hit 25. 

Wait, let me rephrase that, i forced myself to play until i hit 25. 

For me the game was dull, boring, with nothing to really look forward to. 

I am not a fan of 40 man raids, and since that is what the end-game is focused towards it really does not have much for me to want to pay for the game and a sub.

If it goes F2P, not saying it will, but if it does i might try it again and see if the 40 man raids got toned down.

I wish all of you who are buying it, the best of times in the game, for me its just not my cup-o-tea.

Lolipops !

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Bought it because of the PvP and the combat system.

It's been awhile since I've seen a MMORPG that supports levelling from start (lvl 6) to cap through PvP.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by Voiidiin

I am not a fan of 40 man raids, and since that is what the end-game is focused towards it really does not have much for me to want to pay for the game and a sub.

If it goes F2P, not saying it will, but if it does i might try it again and see if the 40 man raids got toned down.

I wish all of you who are buying it, the best of times in the game, for me its just not my cup-o-tea.

The devs have been very clear this game will never be easy mode. The skill level is the skill level. Im kinda glad to hear that as awesome MMOs have become a shell of what they once were to cater to the masses. I hope they stick to their word.

• 43%burnt43%burnt Member UncommonPosts: 162

Exactly my reasons for not to buy it. Which sucks, since as I said before, I love the world and the design.

Originally posted by 43%burnt

Exactly my reasons for not to buy it. Which sucks, since as I said before, I love the world and the design.

OT but...Dillinger song?:) If so it's their best IMO.

• DeddmeatDeddmeat Member UncommonPosts: 387

Originally posted by krimson89 Originally posted by hatefulpeace Originally posted by Bruhza Edit - Please leave a response why or why not. I am mainly doing this to see what people find good or bad about the game. What keeps you away or coming back for more? ___________________________________________________________________________ Hello.   I haven't seen anything like this lately so I thought I would make one a little bit before the release.   Are you going to purchase Wildstar and what is your reason for what you decided? I just want a general view of what people find as this games main strengths and weaknesses.    I'll start. I will be purchasing it.   Strength - The difficulty is refreshing.   Weakness - Leveling "Could" get linear if you make too many alts at once.

I'm guessing that meant epileptic?

Those with photosensitive epilepsy is somewhere about 7% out of the total with epilepsy. Then take into account it varies for everyone, some can be fine on 1 tablet a week, some multiple tablets a day and still seizures of varying degrees/types.

The third college I went to was actually a residential college for the disabled and in my life I have still only met 1 person who had trouble with photosensitive seizures and that was due to disco lights. Apart from that I have met the occasional 'normal' person (lol) who claimed a problem with their monitors but then they didn't think of the simple solution of sunglasses.

Helps a bit for some with photosensitive and a little bit with hay fever if you can keep from rubbing your eyes, also for the norms .. Screen glare.

I could never stand the darker shade to my screen and still itched my eyes but it does help those who have willpower lol

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,081
    Yep, I really love the game and find it to be fun. Something that I feel is missing, truly, as a fundamental foundation of most modern MMO's. Creating a fun game that's intended to be fun, with fun content, packed with features. Wildstar is all of that. So many MMO's are made to be taken too seriously, which has caused the genre to be bland.
  • alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

I will not be purchasing it.

I dont like the cartoonish style.