Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More classes would have significantly improved this game

13»

Comments

• MerklynnMerklynn Member UncommonPosts: 100
    More classes are always nice but with so many options to build a character at present there's enough for now. No clue if any of you thought of this as well but what I noticed during character creation was there's definitely room enough to expand two new classes through future ESO expansion packs if they decide to. You know an Imperial race dlc will be added for a price down the line as well if you don't own the IE so expect this game to grow if you choose to support it. We'll probably see something new in the fall or possibly around the time the ESO console version is officially out so they can get the most out of the promotion.
  • IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138
    Originally posted by rodingo
    They should have used the same amount of classes found in the Elder Scrolls IP.   None.  Let the players make their own classes like it has always been.   /shrug

I agree with this, but since its an mmo, make it an actual multi classing system.

I am seeing a lot of incompatible suggestions from OPs for ESO such as B2p and making there no lvls when most content is very linear and similair to each other making progression even more meaningless to simply get shards or progress through main story. (yet i agree their content is very long winded to reach vr, and then do it again for other factions)

So, they could add more classes, but make it multi classing. And I also do think their game is very long winded and repititive and so, maybe somehow making that quicker... but it wont really make the game better since once reaching end game vr content is not that great either... its just a bad mmo imo... and there is a lot i would do to try to make it better for myself... so why bother if it has content/features that does not entertain my interests.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    Why there are not more classes = Cost. This is not even down to easymode MMO 'streamlining' I see this as a matter of cost simple as that.
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353

I would have liked to seen one or two more classes, maybe like a druid/bard or illusionist/alteration type character. However with a P2P game you can expect this kind of development sooner if the devs prioritize it. Next expansion maybe?

Almost every skill line in the ES games (especially skyrim) makes an appearance, really. Though it would have been cool to mix and match more. With weapon skills though, you have a lot of options currently.

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Originally posted by Scot
    Why there are not more classes = Cost. This is not even down to easymode MMO 'streamlining' I see this as a matter of cost simple as that.

Are you sure? DAOC was made long ago and for a budget that likely was 10 to 20  times less expansive, yet had 40+ classes.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon