Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In the 8th grade I day-dreamed about having my own Starship Daily!

sludgebeardsludgebeard Member RarePosts: 788

I remember sitting in my 8th grade English class with my best friend and looking through the same gaming magazine, with an article on the JTL (Jump to Lightspeed) expansion and just day-dreaming about all the possibilities .

We would literally talk all class about how awesome our Starship was going to be, planning out every detail about the ship that we could think of, the name, the crew, the star travel, who would be captain and who would man the gunner during a firefight. 

We settled on the YT-2400 as our ship of choice, because of how much we played Shadows of the Empire, and thought having  a merc-ship like Dash Rendar would fit our rag-tag band of characters the best. 

Of course we romanticized the idea to hell, as you do at that age, but I think our biggest plan was to eventually take down a Imperial Starship. We thought, how cool would it be if you could actually board an Imp Starship, fight your way through (We would have a Jedi with us obviously), get to the main reactor core and blow the whole thing into dust, while we escaped in our badass starship. 

Of course the game couldnt live up to our hype completely, but it did in so many areas, mainly having a ship in space that also served as our home. We RP'd the hell out of that ship, and when the combat in JTL showed to be rather lackluster, we ended up mainly using it as a place to chat, party, and look out into the vastness of space for possibility. 

Anyways, just thought I would share that little story of my childhood and how much I loved JTL, despite its flaws. To me JTL wasnt everything I wanted, but I made do with what it gave me and appreciated it for what it was. 

Now adays I would love the chance to get into a starship in space with my friends again and just dream of adventure, but sadly no games on the horizon seem to be offering this...

Comments

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Nice story.  Thanks for sharing.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Keep your eyes open.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• TrainerMHSTrainerMHS Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Thanks for sharing! I remember staying up late at night to chat with the guild about how excited we were for JTL!