Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wildstar and its biggest flaw

BruhzaBruhza Member UncommonPosts: 391

This game makes literally the worst first impressions.

That is all. (Take it how you will)

Comments

• CatAtomic99CatAtomic99 Member UncommonPosts: 62

I have to disagree. I've been instantly put off by just about every new MMORPG I've played in the last few years, with the exceptions of GW2 and SWtOR (which loses it's interest after the class story, but was strong out of the gate). I think Wildstar does a very good job of grabbing your attention early on.

ESO-- now that's a bad early impression.

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by Bruhza

Yes and no.  I honestly agree with the 2nd poster in that TESO has a far worse first impression ( a proverbial kick in the nuts, if  you will) to the player and the overall story. 

I concede that the initial starting area of the Dominion is kind of "sleep worthy" and the only interesting parts are when pushing the buttons that obliterate the test subjects in the Chua's lab.     The mirrored opposite of the Exile ship starting area is exciting, fun, entertaining, and overall quite enjoyable. 

However when it comes to all 4 of the starting areas just after the tutorial ship, all of them are equally entertaining and fun.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I tired... I tried on 4 separate occasion during 3 betas. I made it to level 5 or something. I stopped for the last time after I had to save some talking vegetable from evil planters.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    havent played Wildstar yet but ESO and ArcheAge both have awful beginnings.  But i cant think of the last MMORPG that had a compelling starter area.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Very good point syriinx.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Big-CronkBig-Cronk Member Posts: 61
    This is a pretty obvious troll post. Sad

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033

Are you going to elaborate on what exactly makes this the worst first impression?  Or is this just an attempt at trolling.  I'm thinking it's the latter.

• Carl132pCarl132p Member UncommonPosts: 538
    Pretty much everyone who has played knows what he is talking about. The early questing sucks and there are a lot of optimization issues.
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Last time i logged in i was 23 i think, That was some weekends ago.

The questing does not get any better than these lvl 1-5 quests imo.
    What people use as a strong point are the dungeons, Which are very twitch but after you become familiar with them they are the sideshow to the 'main event' of questing.

Personally while dungeoning is quite stimulating, Its nothing new. The secret world and other such games have already experimented with this "telegraphing" mechanic.

7/10.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• KaoftheRoseKaoftheRose Member UncommonPosts: 73

wildstar has zero big flaws...

get on the wildstar train or get out.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Originally posted by Nitth

Last time i logged in i was 23 i think, That was some weekends ago.

The questing does not get any better than these lvl 1-5 quests imo.
    What people use as a strong point are the dungeons, Which are very twitch but after you become familiar with them they are the sideshow to the 'main event' of questing.

Personally while dungeoning is quite stimulating, Its nothing new. The secret world and other such games have already experimented with this "telegraphing" mechanic.

7/10.

While I might not completely agree with you.  I respect that you actually gave reason for it.  Something the OP clearly forgot to include.

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556
    The starting area is very bad. The general questing is poor with limited voice acting and limited innovation. The combat is average, not as good as GW2 but better than wow. The art style and overall feel of the game I quite enjoy. May be worth a purchase as I'm on holiday anyway.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• NeherunNeherun Member UncommonPosts: 280
    Originally posted by CatAtomic99

I have to disagree. I've been instantly put off by just about every new MMORPG I've played in the last few years, with the exceptions of GW2 and SWtOR (which loses it's interest after the class story, but was strong out of the gate). I think Wildstar does a very good job of grabbing your attention early on.

ESO-- now that's a bad early impression.

I felt like uninstalling for the first hours to level 10.

• Ryoshi1Ryoshi1 Member Posts: 139