Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sleeper Hit of 2014/2015

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    hmmm, a lot of people need to learn that a sleeper hit means the majority didn't think it would be a hit or it started off slow and got more popular over time.. not that it's not well known or hyped.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • DaessarDaessar Member Posts: 204
    Originally posted by Vee4240

Im not trying to come at you. But Those are some of the worst reasons for not playing a game. People still play AC and UO and are having fun! 

That's because he's been rallying against the game since it was announced, its funny that some of the most devoted Wildstar fans are the haters who continue to promote the game by posting their nerd rage.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

Originally posted by DMKano

No.

Another mediocre MMO.

The biggest problem with Wildstar is how absolutely average it is.

You'd think with all the loud colors and humorous cartoon graphics that the game would ooze creativity and cool new features - it doesn't. Its like the art is a desperate attempt to cover up the dull underlying game.

The game can be summed up in 3 letters:

meh

Kano ( You have a nick name which I very much like it. My first nick name and most used is KABAL . Yes, Mortal Kombat baby) !

This is like what? 10 times ( or is it a lot more? ) when you post the same and the same aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the same ( short of ) comment about WS. We really get it. We really really really get it. You don't like it, but posting the same comment lots of time .. really .....I mean .. really , just .. stick with your belove (forum) game(s) man.

Originally posted by Manasong

Originally posted by IceAge

Originally posted by Kilrain

Originally posted by Englefield
    Originally posted by Pie_Rat

I'm willing to stake that, just like every other recent themepark clone, Wildstar will go F2P in under 6 months and will be gone and forgotten in under 2 years.

Just a question out of genuine curiosity, which recent MMOs have gone F2P in 6 months, gone in 2 years?

AoC, Aion, DCUO, Rift, TERA, SWTOR, TSW...and soon ESO.

None of those went F2P in six months and they are all still around.

All of them, minus ESO, went Free to Play. Maybe not in 6 months, but that's not really the point of his comment anyway.

Really, that's not his point. Why writing about apples, when you mean oranges?

You're completely misunderstanding everything. re-read.

I don't care that you have a rich imagination and you to make a "story" out of few word which that .. guy was writing. He clearly said that games have gone F2P in the first 6 months, which is not the case. . And yes, that's the real point of his comment .

Period.

I'm willing to stake that, just like every other recent themepark clone, Wildstar will go F2P in under 6 months and will be gone and forgotten in under 2 years.

I can't believe people are still investing in these kinds of MMOs.

Wildstar also has the added advantage of having a VERY poorly optimised engine wihich will surely turn off a great chunk of its initial potential playerbase.

I really really really .. can't understand how a guy such as the above, is commenting on a themepark.  He's almighty game is.................DarkFall , now go figure it out.

Also, I think he has some memory leak's as no game (subscribed MMO), as far as I remember, has gone F2P in 6 months. 

Now, if you can't believe that people are still investing in those kind of MMO, I really really really can't believe how someone is actually investing time in a game such as DarkFall. 

And then you are talking about optimization , please , tell me .. how well DF was at the beginning? Heck, I still believe that is still has a shity engine. 

Pitty, as you seems to be an elder gamer (based on your registration from this site) , but I think with age, it comes the ... you know, weird ...tastes.

I would also like to point out at those who does not like WS or they believe is a clone, or that X and Y game is better then WS. What are you actually doing here? I never (I believe) , tried a game then come to the forums and start bashing it because I didn't like it. There are many who will enjoy the said game, and no matter what I say, they will still enjoy it.

So why bother?

Fair criticism is very welcome. But please, read few times the "FAIR" word and then you can start posting.

Well, you are one that needs to read the word "FAIR" a few times and then start posting. Your picking on DF just because he made a negative comments is no where near the word "FAIR".

What? There is this guy who comes on a game forum and bash the game I like and you want me to be fair with him? 

Nice story bro. When you will see me going to some other game forums and bash a game just because, I want to be the next "cool kid" , you then come to me and talk about FAIR. 

Also, nice "troll searching" on my post. You found what you've been looking for.

You want everyone to be fair to WS but then you select who you actually want to be fair to, that's hipocrisy.

Its the usual "fanboy vs hater" argument, you don't defeat him by being a dick to him, you defeat him with logic. Or just like most people do you just ignore obvious hater comments.

What? Seriously , if you look at my posts, you would see that I have "few" in comparation with the age I register. Why? Because normally I don't give a fck about haters and trolls and I normally just post on the games I like. I am not going to other games forum I dislike and start bashing it ( think I did it once, twice ... in all those years ).

That being said, I meet some very very bad trolls along those years, one of , which sadly ,  he's still trolling ,( a bit modern nowdays ) , Wizardy. They post on my favorite game, I hit back. You don't like, go away from my game and take your trolling skills else where. Same with the above guy, pie_rat or something. Every person with a bit of a brain can clearly see that he's trolling.  And somehow, is his right to post his "opinion" about the game. But quess what? I have the right to counter-post his BS. 

Anyway, I choose whoever I want to quote, and act like I want ( trying not to break the rules) , with said hater. He hate, I "hate". I cannot hug a hater and give him candies. Because he will still hate and troll as many times as he can ( see Kano history posts about WS ). 

In the end, of course is a fanboy vs hater argument. What do you expect? 

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386

Sleeper hit ?!?

Muhahahahahahahahahahahahaah PLOP

Me...laughing my ass off!

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Pie_Rat I'm willing to stake that, just like every other recent themepark clone, Wildstar will go F2P in under 6 months and will be gone and forgotten in under 2 years.  
    Just a question out of genuine curiosity, which recent MMOs have gone F2P in 6 months, gone in 2 years?

Age of conan took several years (and 1 expansion) before it went free to play.
    Aion Also took several years to go free to play.
    Rift only went f2p within the last year.

Tera, Swtor, and tsw About 6months - 1 year before f2p.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• SonOfValmarSonOfValmar Member Posts: 49

This game has no other option than to be an incredibly niche title. If you want to claim "sleeper hit" just because it floats along for a while gaining a tiny bit of subscribers here and there a.k.a. EVE then go right ahead; however, such a label is meaningless. It took EVE a long while before it reached any sort of relevance (and it really isn't that relevant) outside of its own player base. So if you are aiming your "sleeper hit" title to mean EVE levels of success, then you really are not making a bold prediction at all. All you are saying is that the game will still be running 10 years from now, which isn't an impressive statement considering the sheer amount of MMOs that live on in zombified states. However, to play devil's advocate, I will give some of my thoughts on why WildStar will not become a "sleeper hit".

The subscription model is going to hold this game back, not to mention how incredibly boring and linear the beginning (and questing) of the game is. I only have made it to level 10 so I am unsure if it gets "better" but it really is a pain trying to reach the first dungeon (which is around level 17 I think).

The world design is another bummer for me. I am tired of traveling along the linear path, through towns that I will never revisit after finishing their quests. I am tired of how their world is not interconnected, how there are no "hub zones" that a player will visit multiple times and even hang out in while taking a break with questing. I would have liked the game world to be developed like an actual world instead of a series of tubes that guide players to the "end zone".

Although I have only made it to level 10, the impressions I am getting from WildStar are incredibly poor. Screen clutter, button prompts galore, lifeless world design, simplistic questing. I don't look to play a MMO just for its endgame, I would like an actual world to go along with it because there are too many games out on the market to spend egregious amounts of time trudging through the muck to find the fleeting specks of gold.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Originally posted by moguy2
    If you have played the beta you would not have said it would be a hit. Mediocre time killer at best.

Depends on the person. For me it was a blast, hands down one of the best game I ever dove right into on beta. Not a lot of MMos are able to catch me into playing it to an abundance like I did with Wildstar leveling a bunch of classes up, despite knowing it will be wiped.

The combat system itself carried it a lot (even if i feel the intro levels are a bit 'eh'). PvP is I feel one of the best experience MMo wise in both having that element of skill while really giving a nice action feel to combat. In particular though, that first dungeon blows other MMos out of the water. The combat system combined with the feel of the dungeon is incredible. Its amazing when a dungeon, the very first dungeon in game makes many of the raid bosses in Wow or Rift look like a complete joke (well wow does that itself now a-days, but besides the point.). 

Just cause you felt it wasn't that great doesn't mean others can't, silly to push that everyone is going to feel the same as you after beta. 

• BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482

Wildstar also has the added advantage of having a VERY poorly optimised engine wihich will surely turn off a great chunk of its initial potential playerbase.

i agree 100% was even a big fan of ESO..but just unsubbed im more into "mmo" not single player

as for Wildstar im that type of person that wont even bother with a game that looks like this..grafix is a huge turn off for me and also sick of the theampark mmos that can only hold my attention for a month or so no matter how good everyone says its sopose to be

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by Pie_Rat I'm willing to stake that, just like every other recent themepark clone, Wildstar will go F2P in under 6 months and will be gone and forgotten in under 2 years.  

Age of conan took several years (and 1 expansion) before it went free to play.
    Aion Also took several years to go free to play.
    Rift only went f2p within the last year.

Tera, Swtor, and tsw About 6months - 1 year before f2p.

Not to mention with Aion, it was a huge hit in the East, to the point it was basically the "Eastern WoW" being for many years the number 1 game until Blade and Soul ended up knocking it down.  Its F2P in the West was pretty much funded by the fact their making a good amount overseas and F2P allows western gamers to dive in more likely since it wasn't as popular here. Then again, I think the forums about ignorance so any facts besides what makes their opinion right is ignored. 

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

I wouldn't call it a sleeper hit for 2 reasons.

1) Everybody is aware of Wildstar

2) It's not really good.

This cycle of big releases have been pretty uninspiring.  ESO AND Wildstar.

Couple this with all the kick starter fails, this isn't shaping up to be much of a good year for the genre (unless somebody has been keeping a helluva secret that past few years).  Dah well.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • MagiknightMagiknight Member CommonPosts: 782
    If it has content updates every 28 days it has to be terrible.
  • syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Originally posted by SonOfValmar

This game has no other option than to be an incredibly niche title. If you want to claim "sleeper hit" just because it floats along for a while gaining a tiny bit of subscribers here and there a.k.a. EVE then go right ahead; however, such a label is meaningless. It took EVE a long while before it reached any sort of relevance (and it really isn't that relevant) outside of its own player base. 

Im sure at this point EvE is the number 3 all time MMORPG in western dollars earned.

WoW #1, EQ #2, EvE #3

Its sustained over 300k subs for the last 5-6 years, and the amount of MMOs that have sustained over 300k western subs for more than just 1 year let alone 5 are limited to those three titles already mentioned.

Even if you count total players per month, than only WoW, GW2 and maybe SWTOR are above it in the west

• IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138
    Originally posted by Wicoa

Gambling a bit here. I am willing to stake this will be a sleeper hit.  I do not think it will have a sudden instant 2million+ subscriber base as its an original IP.  However I do think it will grow in popularity like EVE has.

My caveat that they must deliver on content updates (28 day cycle) that they have promised.  The blizzard beast has slowed down way too much with a promise still ringing in my ear that they would be faster with more at content updates at a blizzcon I watched.

Note: I have not pre-ordered yet this isn't one of those self convincing posts.

They will do well... but releasing content every 28 days is not something I think is important since that content will be lots of fluff most likely. That kind of content sounds simple or for  cash shop. I could be wrong... but from general standards most mmos can not make for example unique boss fights every 28 days. Which is something I think they can really try to offer as content that I would personally be interested in.

They will succeed if they do not make content that does not add to their game in the right way. Easier said than done, but the reason I am mentioning this is becuase a 28 day cycle does not sound good imo.

If they have enough content on release then release content every few monthns as mini updates, with regular maintenance ofc such as balancing etc and then a large patch/expansion every 1 year it would make every expansion more interesting.

The reason is becuase, lets say I take a break from the game becuae of other obligations... then if there are all these mini updates without lets say any news of the long term development, then I get bombarded with all this information of little pieces of content which I might not be interested in. I will most likely take a break after reaching end game and trying that for a while. So If I hear too much about small content that I am not interested in, then I have already created a perception of content that is not somethitn that I want. However, if the content patch is larger then there might be something I would like to try, it makes the news of the content more important to hear and makes my time to try that new content more worthwhile rather than being a small peice of content and then taking a break after that.

Since it is also p2p with a f2p option, to offer content to p2p imo other than a good release is to offer content that when a person resubscribes, that it should last a decent while as well. Since these little 28 day patches most likely will be filler fluff content that is easy to complete and quick... it will not add to retention.

Just my own preference, and intuition. I would galdly be suprised and proven wrong on what to expect on a 28 day cycle of development... but for example I doubt they would be introducing a new boss fight every 28 days including other content. By boss fight I mean something that is  more of a personal quest/duel like a bounty hunting even but fine tuned to feel challenging.

edit; and i hope for release they have content adjusted for alting as well. To create syngery on 1 account to further reward the player/customer for alting. By doing this they create a greater demand to try other classes which is a lot of extra content. Imo this synergy includes reducing grinds in getting gear for alts and to focus more on the challenge - which imo, is not an easy way to balance ofc, but to expect a player to grind for example pvp gear for every class at the same pace is not enticing for me to raech the end game unless the 'story' is the reason for alting, but thats not a selling point of the game so I beleive they need to focus on this syngergy more to make alting more rewarding.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Originally posted by Incomparable

Gambling a bit here. I am willing to stake this will be a sleeper hit.  I do not think it will have a sudden instant 2million+ subscriber base as its an original IP.  However I do think it will grow in popularity like EVE has.

My caveat that they must deliver on content updates (28 day cycle) that they have promised.  The blizzard beast has slowed down way too much with a promise still ringing in my ear that they would be faster with more at content updates at a blizzcon I watched.

They will do well... but releasing content every 28 days is not something I think is important since that content will be lots of fluff most likely. That kind of content sounds simple or for  cash shop. I could be wrong... but from general standards most mmos can not make for example unique boss fights every 28 days. Which is something I think they can really try to offer as content that I would personally be interested in.

They will succeed if they do not make content that does not add to their game in the right way. Easier said than done, but the reason I am mentioning this is becuase a 28 day cycle does not sound good imo.

If they have enough content on release then release content every few monthns as mini updates, with regular maintenance ofc such as balancing etc and then a large patch/expansion every 1 year it would make every expansion more interesting.

The reason is becuase, lets say I take a break from the game becuae of other obligations... then if there are all these mini updates without lets say any news of the long term development, then I get bombarded with all this information of little pieces of content which I might not be interested in. I will most likely take a break after reaching end game and trying that for a while. So If I hear too much about small content that I am not interested in, then I have already created a perception of content that is not somethitn that I want. However, if the content patch is larger then there might be something I would like to try, it makes the news of the content more important to hear and makes my time to try that new content more worthwhile rather than being a small peice of content and then taking a break after that.

Since it is also p2p with a f2p option, to offer content to p2p imo other than a good release is to offer content that when a person resubscribes, that it should last a decent while as well. Since these little 28 day patches most likely will be filler fluff content that is easy to complete and quick... it will not add to retention.

Just my own preference, and intuition. I would galdly be suprised and proven wrong on what to expect on a 28 day cycle of development... but for example I doubt they would be introducing a new boss fight every 28 days including other content. By boss fight I mean something that is  more of a personal quest/duel like a bounty hunting even but fine tuned to feel challenging.

the content every 28 days for a year will likely be content they have almost finished now and are holding back.  The real test will be what happens after a year.

If they are well organized perhaps they can have finished content ready to go and spend most of the year working on the next years content and be always ahead, but thats very hard to pull off.

• SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795
    Originally posted by syriinx
    Originally posted by Incomparable

the content every 28 days for a year will likely be content they have almost finished now and are holding back.  The real test will be what happens after a year.

If they are well organized perhaps they can have finished content ready to go and spend most of the year working on the next years content and be always ahead, but thats very hard to pull off.

Btw for the first content update (at 28 June)  they revealed that it will include a whole new zone and a BG. They also revealed costumes will be used also in PvP and companions & pets are coming.

I don't care if this game will be a hit or whatever. As it can maintain the current quality and the fast paced content updates i m perfectly fine.

Btw Twitchs from the Devs twice a week is something i love and i m happy they decided to keep their excellent communication with the game community after launch :)

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

• KinadoKinado Member Posts: 198

Didn't have this much fun in a MMO in a very long time. Having played WoW hardcore and loads of other MMO's since then, I'm pretty sure Wildstar will be a sleeper hit.

It doesn't have the IP for a huge success launch but all MMO'ers that like a challenge they know what's out there, they know about Wildstar.

I was a bit disappointed with the questing being just running from exclamation point to exclamation point and follow the arrow to the objective but down the line it really starts envolving lots of different gameplay making it fresh and interesting. So yeah, never thought I'd say this but questing is actually fun in Wildstar. Specially in contested zones lol. Start a fight with someone and accidentaly jump on a mushroom that throws you 30 meters into the air then start jumping from mushroom to mushroom and keep fighting lol.

It's a very interesting world to explore and I've tested it enough to know that this is an awesome game. Those on the fence try the open beta, the game really opens up level 20+ . Be a man and do it on a pvp server!

• ManasongManasong Member Posts: 208

No.

Another mediocre MMO.

You'd think with all the loud colors and humorous cartoon graphics that the game would ooze creativity and cool new features - it doesn't. Its like the art is a desperate attempt to cover up the dull underlying game.

meh

Kano ( You have a nick name which I very much like it. My first nick name and most used is KABAL . Yes, Mortal Kombat baby) !

This is like what? 10 times ( or is it a lot more? ) when you post the same and the same aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the same ( short of ) comment about WS. We really get it. We really really really get it. You don't like it, but posting the same comment lots of time .. really .....I mean .. really , just .. stick with your belove (forum) game(s) man.

All of them, minus ESO, went Free to Play. Maybe not in 6 months, but that's not really the point of his comment anyway.

I don't care that you have a rich imagination and you to make a "story" out of few word which that .. guy was writing. He clearly said that games have gone F2P in the first 6 months, which is not the case. . And yes, that's the real point of his comment .

Period.

I really really really .. can't understand how a guy such as the above, is commenting on a themepark.  He's almighty game is.................DarkFall , now go figure it out.

Also, I think he has some memory leak's as no game (subscribed MMO), as far as I remember, has gone F2P in 6 months. 

Now, if you can't believe that people are still investing in those kind of MMO, I really really really can't believe how someone is actually investing time in a game such as DarkFall. 

And then you are talking about optimization , please , tell me .. how well DF was at the beginning? Heck, I still believe that is still has a shity engine. 

Pitty, as you seems to be an elder gamer (based on your registration from this site) , but I think with age, it comes the ... you know, weird ...tastes.

I would also like to point out at those who does not like WS or they believe is a clone, or that X and Y game is better then WS. What are you actually doing here? I never (I believe) , tried a game then come to the forums and start bashing it because I didn't like it. There are many who will enjoy the said game, and no matter what I say, they will still enjoy it.

So why bother?

Fair criticism is very welcome. But please, read few times the "FAIR" word and then you can start posting.

Well, you are one that needs to read the word "FAIR" a few times and then start posting. Your picking on DF just because he made a negative comments is no where near the word "FAIR".

What? There is this guy who comes on a game forum and bash the game I like and you want me to be fair with him? 

Nice story bro. When you will see me going to some other game forums and bash a game just because, I want to be the next "cool kid" , you then come to me and talk about FAIR. 

Also, nice "troll searching" on my post. You found what you've been looking for.

You want everyone to be fair to WS but then you select who you actually want to be fair to, that's hipocrisy.

Its the usual "fanboy vs hater" argument, you don't defeat him by being a dick to him, you defeat him with logic. Or just like most people do you just ignore obvious hater comments.

What? Seriously , if you look at my posts, you would see that I have "few" in comparation with the age I register. Why? Because normally I don't give a fck about haters and trolls and I normally just post on the games I like. I am not going to other games forum I dislike and start bashing it ( think I did it once, twice ... in all those years ).

That being said, I meet some very very bad trolls along those years, one of , which sadly ,  he's still trolling ,( a bit modern nowdays ) , Wizardy. They post on my favorite game, I hit back. You don't like, go away from my game and take your trolling skills else where. Same with the above guy, pie_rat or something. Every person with a bit of a brain can clearly see that he's trolling.  And somehow, is his right to post his "opinion" about the game. But quess what? I have the right to counter-post his BS. 

Anyway, I choose whoever I want to quote, and act like I want ( trying not to break the rules) , with said hater. He hate, I "hate". I cannot hug a hater and give him candies. Because he will still hate and troll as many times as he can ( see Kano history posts about WS ). 

No.

Another mediocre MMO.

meh

Period.

So why bother?

Pf, a 20 years old "cool kid on the block" has nothing to say other then a picture to show me how "badass" he is. Get the bip out of here .. 

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?

• ManasongManasong Member Posts: 208

No.

Another mediocre MMO.

meh

Period.

So why bother?

Pf, a 20 years old "cool kid on the block" has nothing to say other then a picture to show me how "badass" he is. Get the bip out of here .. 

I'm commenting on your attitude, I thought it was common knowledge that flame wars are bad and you never get anything productive out of it besides getting a thread locked. "He hate, I hate", now it's very clear you are the kind of person who will derail any negative thread with a war instead of a proper discussion.

I never brought the age argument here, you are the one who keeps saying "cool kid", if you are older than me, why don't you start acting your age? You are just looking childish here.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Just having housing will probably suck a lot of people in longer than many theme parks. Especially since it seems like there's a progression to housing in getting new items to add all the time. It worked well for EQ2.

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

It will have its specific player base, people comming from asian games or f2p games will probably like it.

Wildstar fits into the mmo type of games like RFOnline (Rising Force Online), Lineage 2, GW2, Aion, TERA, FinalFantasy, Archlord, whatever....xxx.

* spawned in and got battered to death with an overloaded UI which did fill half of my screen, add the confusing beginner area and I started already to say ....wtf is that.

*  questing was really not that interesting after reading the quests texts,  quiete shallow.

Some questing parts did remind me on the copy & paste questing of GW2 though. The path questing (explorer) was fun.

After i killed 3 mobs with just spamming one button  the commentator did shout " mega tripple kill" or something... oh man.

* I could not get any feel of immersion in the world so far its a flat pure game.

* static game world

* animation graphics are way too much and get on my nervous with all these disco lights and telegraphs

* the graphics of the game is nice but I dont like the art style, it is sometimes overloaded, too hyped-up colors.

This fits to the overexited gameplay with all the fancy gameplay.

* after some hours gameplay in the last 2-3 days,  I did not have the desire to login anymore.

At the end i think they try too much to mask the game with fancy stuff and this wont make the core of the game better.

This game is rather suited for a younger crowd. It feels for me more like a console game and some of the game mechanics tell me they are prepared to go F2P or with an extended cash shop.

By the way, this game does not remind at all on Vanilla Wow like some did write weeks ago. Just raids and cartoonish graphics wont do it.

No.

Another mediocre MMO.

meh

Period.

So why bother?

I'm commenting on your attitude, I thought it was common knowledge that flame wars are bad and you never get anything productive out of it besides getting a thread locked. "He hate, I hate", now it's very clear you are the kind of person who will derail any negative thread with a war instead of a proper discussion.

I never brought the age argument here, you are the one who keeps saying "cool kid", if you are older than me, why don't you start acting your age? You are just looking childish here.

Well, kids those days ( yes, I bring up the age! do you have a problem with that?) . 

Now tell me, where did I start a flame ignoring the essential and just start hating and saying bad things which has nothing to do with the game? 

Ignore the last post( the one before this), because ... I will just quote you :

"He hate, I hate", now it's very clear you are the kind of person who will derail any negative thread with a war instead of a proper discussion." ( the picture.. ring a bell? )

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588

Couldn't care less if Wildstar will be a hit of not. I'll be playing it with my 40 man raiding guild, and that's the only thing that really matters to me.

If more people play it - great. If not... *shrugs*

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• crashdxcrashdx Member Posts: 53

Part of the reason people still invest in these games because if you do something different people complain about that too.

GW2

"WHERE IS THE TRINITY!?! WHERE IS THE RAIDS!?!?! I WANT VERTICAL PROGRESSION!!!"

So a game more traditonal comes out and people complain about it being traditional. At this point devs should develop what they want to develop and pay no mind to the people that want something opposite of what they are developing. Kudos to Arenanet for sticking up the middle finger to the Traditional EQ-WoW crowd and kudos to Carbin for sticking up that same finger to those who claim to want something different. 

I think the game can be a hit, any game could I guess. I think it's old school and nothing is wrong with that, the combat is very fun too and should offer a different take on end game raiding that really hasn't been done before. 

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    Originally posted by kitarad
    Why do you have to draw unwanted negativity by making this type of thread. Knotwood made his famous 10 million prediction on ESO and is now probably too embarrassed to show his face around here. Threads like this only serve to be an invitation for  Wildstar to be panned. Bad idea .

Every game has its Knotwood :) But its still funny though...never gets old