Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ganked !!!!

1234568»

Comments

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by tristanryan

I find this whole subject fascinating. (in general, not just ArcheAge)

Today's PvP players are yesterday's PVE players that chose to stand up, say no, and fight back...

If you would at least try you will find that you can pvp too. Its a matter of repetition, order, and timing of the exact same skills you use in PvE. After you try it, you will lose. You might lose again. But believe it or not, you are improving at phenomenal pace when compared to your first fight. Of course players that out level you will be an impossible battle and you have to ignore fights like that. But like I said if you would at least try. After a few fights you will be the one standing over the enemies corpse, and then again and again. Then it becomes amazingly fun and even after a good fight where you may lose, you get a feeling of admiration for the foe that bested you. Fun PvP cannot be replicated in any PvE I have ever played.

You really should try games like this, because you are truly missing out on an irreplaceable experience.

i dont mind skill based PvP where everyone is on equal footing, and it comes down to who is the better gamer. the problem here is in most MMOs it less about skill and more about gear/level and basicly the winner is decided before the fight begins, and in a game where you lose everything i just dont want to invest the time into it to just lose everything.

yes i know im a PvE carebear, or so people call it, call it what you will but i just dont care im here to have fun, and while i enjoy a good challenge i prefer one that has the possability of being overcome not a brick wall meet face.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    The only problem I have with it is all the risk is on the trader, there is no risk for the ganker. So what if he dies? He just comes back and ganks someone else.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • DeathageDeathage Member CommonPosts: 146
    Originally posted by sethman75

Not sure if the OP is a troll but i will bite anyway.

To me wasting 2 hours of game play with nothing to show is anathema.

The single and only reason i play RPG games is because you grow over time from a pleb to a powerful character with slow and steady progress over months and months.

To waste hours and hours just for some high level goose with ocd to take away all your progress is a complete waste of time IMHO.

It sounds like there are a few players that like that type of game but man i can't think of anything worse.

The way I see it going, trade runs (at least the highly profitable, subject-to-pvp runs) are going to be dominated by guilds. Basically the only REAL reason to do them is to reap Gilda stars. These are a currency used to buy high end ship & house designs, such as the galleon (needs multiple people to man it) and guild castles. Since Gilda stars are bind on character, guilds will strap the trade packs together and have one designated person turn it in, who will then be responsible for buying the design/whatever.

For instance, my guild put a lot of energy into putting up 2 clippers (ships) in the first 36 hours of headstart and getting people leveled up to be of use in defending the runner. In all, we probably had about 30 people working together to form a defensive around this one guy, not including randoms we picked up along the way that just wanted to partake in the fun.

We set sail together, explored the oceans a bit, had a chance to do some pirating, and in the end got the packs turned in uneventfully. Grand total (not including creation of the packs) we spent an hour farting around and bee-lining our way there. No one leveled, no new gear, no boss dead, just spending time with other guild mates and roaming the oceans. Great waste of time, which is what games are supposed to be.

Will you get face rolled trying to solo continent-spanning trade runs? Absolutely. But that is only one way to progress (and not nearly the most efficient, unless looked at from a guild benefit perspective), and there is safety in numbers, and plenty of fresh players looking for friends and collaborators in any number of schemes out there. I just flipped my first house today... Its a big world with lots to do, best experienced with others. Have fun!

• TsuekasaTsuekasa Member Posts: 4

As few people said above. Open world pvp with consequence gives more immersion and adventure than the standard pve dungeon, raid, questing stuff.  You may be doing a trade route with a friend, a small group or my case last night sailing with a 15 man guild on a ship to the other continent in which we were all different levels. (myself only 18.) only being trailed by other guildies and the enemy alliance to get our goods. DayZ is exactly popular just because the gameplay it's pk experience tells a unique story itself other than the pve experience of " talk to this npc, then kill this and that." Archeage is defintely guilty of generic questing and horrible story telling but the game shines in choices and pvp adventure that to me, many mmo's are scared of doing now.

Tho the game isn't as harsh to pve players if those are afraid of being ganked all the time, there seem to be plenty of safe zones and pve content.