Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is newbie vendor gear 500 gold.

Comments

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by makasouleater69

I think it is pretty bad that all i wanted was a set of light armor, and the vendor charges 450+ gold per piece. I know before you even say it, they felt the need to tell me in the game. That what i should be doing is running around to the static resource locations, and try and beat the bots to the resources. When I told them I didnt enjoy the crafting, they told me the crafting is great, and i shouldent be complaining that i cant buy stuff from the npc vendor. Then i told them I didnt want to explain why I didnt like the crafting system, they bugged me till I did. Then they called me a troll lol.

Is it to much to ask to be able to buy level 3 gear at level 3. Forcing me to craft to get a full set of gear is terrible, it is almost as bad as forcing me to do all the quests. Then i tried to find some one to sell it to me, and no one would. I keep trying to like this game, but i think it is a losing battle. And i didnt feel like trying to get invited to guilds, to try and find a set of level 3 armor. The 2 guilds i was in had nothing.

I have had VERY little interest in ESO. Haven't followed much at all. I did however hear that "the best gear in game is crafted". I therefore assume crafting in integral to the game. Since you HATE crafting, I believe this game to not be for you. Too bad you wasted 40 hours playing it.

Let me add that I wish instead of "change the game!" chanting players would just move on to another game, there are plenty to choose from.

• TimzillaTimzilla Member UncommonPosts: 437
    I'm doing fine without crafting or buying any gear. Merchant prices are only am issue if you desire issues on ESO. This one is really scrapping the bottom for issues.
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Ok, I'll bring it back on track for you,

Every mmo I had ever played, it's never a good idea to buy armor and weapons from npc's even at very early levels.

The world usually gives you everything you need naturally in the beginnings. I will say ESO, it could give you more heavy even if your wearing medium depending on luck and what you are doing.  BUT I found early on that mini open dungeons give boat loads of armor and weapons at all levels all the way to cap.

It prob. cost 500 even at low levels on purpose, because this game is not designed to buy from npc's. And NO you absolutely do not have to craft, the world will give you stuff......Look at it this way, why play any game if you don't have something to strive for ?

• CoffeeBreakCoffeeBreak Member Posts: 236
    Originally posted by Gadareth
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by DeaconX

Every MMO, I see the same thing. Vendors with stuff no one in the right mind would ever buy, because their stuff costs way too much for what you're getting. They are pointless vendors - just so you have someone to sell your crap to.

This is a game design fail. And it keeps happening over and over and over.

Well said!  the OP has a valid point!

I mean.... why bother at all having these vendors sell this crap for such high prices?

It's like they haven't even played nor tested their own game to see how ridiculous this all is?

Boggles my mind really. As it's so ridiculously easy to fix! /Shrug

Because you are supposed to craft or quest for your armour. They also want those of you who want to buy it to buy it from other players. Hence why in game merchants buy cheap and sell high. The whole purpose is to encourage player co-operation.

I repeat from my earlier comment on this its a MMO not a Single Player game talk and deal with the other players !!

Sorry games broken and you obviously never played an MMO before.  Every mmo....EVERY mmo allows you to fully gear from vendor with no effort at any time so you can bypass any difficulty that may come from actually playing the game to acquire gear.

Name one MMO that doesn't do that.  I dare you.  Hell most mmorpgs realize that you that you shouldn't even have to worry about gear ever.  Wow...full epic set just for killing the wolves at level 2.  Swtor, full epic set just for spacebaring through the first dialogue.  And you're gonna tell me this fail ass game won't even give a full set of greens when I manage to make it through the tutorial and get to a town?!?!?

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

I think it is pretty bad that all i wanted was a set of light armor, and the vendor charges 450+ gold per piece. I know before you even say it, they felt the need to tell me in the game. That what i should be doing is running around to the static resource locations, and try and beat the bots to the resources. When I told them I didnt enjoy the crafting, they told me the crafting is great, and i shouldent be complaining that i cant buy stuff from the npc vendor. Then i told them I didnt want to explain why I didnt like the crafting system, they bugged me till I did. Then they called me a troll lol.

Is it to much to ask to be able to buy level 3 gear at level 3. Forcing me to craft to get a full set of gear is terrible, it is almost as bad as forcing me to do all the quests. Then i tried to find some one to sell it to me, and no one would. I keep trying to like this game, but i think it is a losing battle. And i didnt feel like trying to get invited to guilds, to try and find a set of level 3 armor. The 2 guilds i was in had nothing.

Because no one in the last 15 years in their right mind uses gear they bought from an NPC vendor? There are exceptions, with dungeon currency and raid currency in games, but I can't think of a single game where vendor bought low quality gear is even feasible to use.

Vendor gear has been garbage since EQ, I don't know why they would change it now. You are supposed to work for your gear, levels, skills. That's kind of the point of an MMO. If you could waltz up to a vendor and purchase a full set of gear for a few gold coins, why level, why explore, why try to find loot?

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• BetaBlockaBetaBlocka Member Posts: 222

You heard it first here OP.

You are a liar and troll because your experience, mileage and opinion differs from what the ESO-Mafia tells you it should be.

Clearly, the community in ESO is superb :)

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910
    I know all that, you guys are getting way off the point, but what ever lol. All I wanted was to go to the npc, and buy a full set of armor. The only person that has said anything to what i was talking about. Was the guy who stated that most mmos have this flaw, and they just keep doing it.

Maybe this just isn't the game for you.  Maybe most MMORPGs aren't the game for you since most of them involve either crafting gear or finding gear rather than buying it from vendors.  I don't think I've played an MMORPG where buying your gear from vendors was a viable solution.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• BetaBlockaBetaBlocka Member Posts: 222
    Originally posted by CoffeeBreak
    Originally posted by BetaBlocka

You are a liar and troll because your experience, mileage and opinion differs from what the ESO-Mafia tells you it should be.

+1

Oh btw....

I've been meaning to compare notes with you BetaBlocka....I have been using regular wetnaps....  What do you use to get all  that sand out of your vagina?

Lol...good one :)

I remember being like that after my first pint too...don't worry, it will get easier :)

My apologizes I didn't realize you are from the UK. 

Do these also work on your....what do you guys call it....fanny?

In the context of your posts, the word we would use begins with a C and ends with a T but is probably not appropriate for these forums even though it seems to describe you perfectly :)

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    I more shocked its a month into the game and your still level 3. I think your gear is far from the problem lol. Level 3 you can run quest naked and own the game!!!! No one wants to sell you level 3 gear because its not worth anyones time, even yours. lol
  • fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    I more shocked its a month into the game and your still level 3. I think your gear is far from the problem lol. Level 3 you can run quest naked and own the game!!!! No one wants to sell you level 3 gear because its not worth anyones time, even yours. lol

OP said they already had a character with over 40 hours played. Great job reading.

+1

Oh btw....

I've been meaning to compare notes with you BetaBlocka....I have been using regular wetnaps....  What do you use to get all  that sand out of your vagina?

Lol...good one :)

I remember being like that after my first pint too...don't worry, it will get easier :)

My apologizes I didn't realize you are from the UK. 

Do these also work on your....what do you guys call it....fanny?

In the context of your posts, the word we would use begins with a C and ends with a T but is probably not appropriate for these forums even though it seems to describe you perfectly :)

Cat?  I don't really like the Khajiit.  I primarily play dark elves for some reason which is weird because I don't play any elves in any other mmos.

Originally posted by fodell54

OP said they already had a character with over 40 hours played. Great job reading.

That was no where in the OP =-P My point still stands, no one NEEDs level 3 gear, heck if you cant get to level 15 naked you really have to question your skill in playing. If your a RP, then earning gear or making it should mean even more. Ooo my gear has +1 and 5 AC, now I can go pwn!!!! LOL

• Jadedangel1Jadedangel1 Member UncommonPosts: 187

That was no where in the OP =-P My point still stands, no one NEEDs level 3 gear, heck if you cant get to level 15 naked you really have to question your skill in playing. If your a RP, then earning gear or making it should mean even more. Ooo my gear have +1 and 5 AC, now I can go pwn!!!! LOL

You and so many others in this thread seem to be missing the point. Of course, no one NEEDS level 3 gear, you're right it's useless. The OP KNOWs its useless, which is why he's asking why the vendors in game are selling it for such a high price. That is all. A very valid question, so I don't know why all the fans of the game are on here downing, insulting, and trolling him for everything else when he's just asking a basic question.

I can see if he was asking about epic quality raid level gear, but he's only asking about useless, unnecessary gear so he can level without doing a part of the game he doesn't enjoys, especially since its not like he's going to be using the same gear for very long.

Originally posted by Jadedangel1

That was no where in the OP =-P My point still stands, no one NEEDs level 3 gear, heck if you cant get to level 15 naked you really have to question your skill in playing. If your a RP, then earning gear or making it should mean even more. Ooo my gear have +1 and 5 AC, now I can go pwn!!!! LOL

You and so many others in this thread seem to be missing the point. Of course, no one NEEDS level 3 gear, you're right it's useless. The OP KNOWs its useless, which is why he's asking why the vendors in game are selling it for such a high price. That is all. A very valid question, so I don't know why all the fans of the game are on here downing, insulting, and trolling him for everything else when he's just asking a basic question.

I can see if he was asking about epic quality raid level gear, but he's only asking about useless, unnecessary gear so he can level without doing a part of the game he doesn't enjoys, especially since its not like he's going to be using the same gear for very long.

Im far from a fan of the game, I didnt buy it after beta testing it. Games almost always make vendor gear way to costly to buy. Be in a few gold or in this case 500gp. It points you in a direction of playing the game to craft, lowb dungeons and quests or going to players to buy crafted gear. Even then, why pause to buy it. You get dressed well enough to start. GEar gets replaced so fast at low levels its not possible to try and keep up to look the way you want. As a MMOer, not a fan of ESO, this is how MMOs have worked from the days of EQ1 15 years ago!!!

I just like resizing text and changing colors.

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205
    Name one MMO that doesn't do that.  I dare you.  Hell most mmorpgs realize that you that you shouldn't even have to worry about gear ever.  Wow...full epic set just for killing the wolves at level 2.  Swtor, full epic set just for spacebaring through the first dialogue.  And you're gonna tell me this fail ass game won't even give a full set of greens when I manage to make it through the tutorial and get to a town?!?!?

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    I dont think anyone should buy stuff from a vendor, well soul gems and a few other things. Joining some trading guilds and using the guild stores is best, you can get some alright stuff for good prices. I like the crafting though, I think its fun getting all the traits.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

The OP, of course, wants to confine the discussion to the cost of gear at level 3 and anything that is not focused just on that, he considers irrelevant....

Sorry bud, before we get to the step you want to discuss as yet one more silly ass whine about the game (don't get me wrong, there are legitimate gripes, but this isn't one of them) you have to tell us why in the world you would want to buy level 3 gear.... that is just plain stupid.

Even when I craft my own early level gear -- and I do for all my characters since it takes no training, nor sweat nor actively looking for mats (especially if it's medium armor you want to craft  since those mats just drop off mobs,) I don't bother crafting anything lower than level 6. Why? because levels 3-6 go by in a blur of noob island stuff in about 1 hour of game play AND there is a significant difference between level 3 and level 6 gear.

And even then all I craft are head, shoulders and belt because those are the only rare drops/rewards until you get to level 10 or so. Shit... you can't even buy armor fr those 3 slots from the vendors until much higher levels....

Everything else you get much better than what you can craft from rewards, drops and lockpicking chests... they are better because those are "green" items that come with enchants and traits... which anyone who claims to have played 40 hours on other characters must have realized by now are much more important than the basic armor value that you get from "white" noob crafted stuff...

So...others might want to let you off the hook but I won't... Why the F would you want to buy level 3 gear?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Jadedangel1Jadedangel1 Member UncommonPosts: 187

Im far from a fan of the game, I didnt buy it after beta testing it. Games almost always make vendor gear way to costly to buy. Be in a few gold or in this case 500gp. It points you in a direction of playing the game to craft or going to players to buy crafted gear. Even then, why pause to buy it. You get dressed well enough to start. GEar gets replaced so fast at low levels it possible to try and keep up to look the way you want. As a MMOer, not a fan of ESO, this is how MMOs have worked from the days of EQ1 15 years ago!!!

Yes, but just because something has been done for 15 years doesn't mean that it is good or that it needs to continue. I thought the whole point of playing games was to have fun, so how much fun does a person have if the game is forcing them to do things they don't like just to even do basic game play elements (again, I'm not including endgame as there are different elects to that). The OP mentioned he doesn't like crafting, tried to get others to sell to him but no one would, so he wanted to buy from vendor. It's practically starter gear, it shouldn't be that high.

Im far from a fan of the game, I didnt buy it after beta testing it. Games almost always make vendor gear way to costly to buy. Be in a few gold or in this case 500gp. It points you in a direction of playing the game to craft or going to players to buy crafted gear. Even then, why pause to buy it. You get dressed well enough to start. GEar gets replaced so fast at low levels it possible to try and keep up to look the way you want. As a MMOer, not a fan of ESO, this is how MMOs have worked from the days of EQ1 15 years ago!!!

Yes, but just because something has been done for 15 years doesn't mean that it is good or that it needs to continue. I thought the whole point of playing games was to have fun, so how much fun does a person have if the game is forcing them to do things they don't like just to even do basic game play elements (again, I'm not including endgame as there are different elects to that). The OP mentioned he doesn't like crafting, tried to get others to sell to him but no one would, so he wanted to buy from vendor. It's practically starter gear, it shouldn't be that high.

Yes it should be about fun, if playing and interacting with the game is not fun for you. You should stop playing. Think for 2 seconds, if the highlight of gaming for the day was being able to afford some vendor gear, the game really needs to be chucked out the window. Go play the game, quest, dungeon runs or craft. IF you dont like that its a MMO, go interact with some crafters and buy some gear off players. As all MMOs are designed to do, get you interacting with gamers.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

May I ask what it is you like about ESO, truly a honost question.

Could it be the quest then don't worry much at lvl 3 you don't really need gear and you will have some decent gear if you run thru some of the quests.

Also do you like exploring? If so there are plenty of chests around to lockpick and often have a armor part or a weapon in it.

You can also trade person to person or COD mail.

I really enjoy crafting but fully understand if you don't. Be glad this is a MMORPG so there are plenty of other way's.

But as said please do not worry to get level 3 armor.

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    Originally posted by Dampiel_sz

It's not for everyone, but if your worst gripe comes at level 3 you should probably quit now. 

Just my thoughts out loud since you can make level 2-4 armor without any skill points spent and it only takes a couple of clicks... you may need to go back to that 1 game that gives you everything just for logging in

So I should be forced to craft, yep that is a great idea. I didnt say i wanted to just log in and get stuff. I wanted to go to a vendor and buy my stuff. I have crafted and made it to a higher level, and in my 40+ hours of playing I made 3500 gold. Now you are telling me that its a great idea, that i need to speed 40+ hours of gold to buy a set of level 3 armor. Yeah that isnt worth a gripe. Just cause all of you just dont care that you have to go craft.......

OR you can look for people in the game who will craft for you. im usually crafting gear for people in exchange for the matirials used to craft said gear. You give me mats i give you armor, and its allways better then what you get at vender. Vender items are trash when crafting you can add extra boosts and such to your armor that not even most drops have.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

Originally posted by kakasaki

I don't consider is sarcasm.  I think of it as roleplaying as an angry forum poster.  

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534

You reach level 3 for spending 15 minutes in the opening tutorial.  What he's described isn't even possible - spending 40 hours (not crafting - remember, he hates that - and you'd probably kill something by accident anyhow in gathering things) and gaining absolutely no experience.  40 hours of actual play puts you about 40% of the way through one of the three quest lines if you're taking your time, and you'd be about level 22 or so.

Originally posted by ohioastro

You reach level 3 for spending 15 minutes in the opening tutorial.  What he's described isn't even possible - spending 40 hours (not crafting - remember, he hates that - and you'd probably kill something by accident anyhow in gathering things) and gaining absolutely no experience.  40 hours of actual play puts you about 40% of the way through one of the three quest lines if you're taking your time, and you'd be about level 22 or so.

Read the past 5 posts I have made after that comment. My point still stands. OP stand is a bed of sand.