Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Coming in Future Updates" Interesting

13»

Comments

• BensorBensor Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Originally posted by BetaBlocka

You defenders make me laugh...lets see, I've spent hours and hours watching rl friend/s play the game and have also spent 3 or 4 hours "driving" via the mouse and keyboard to experience how the game feels to play for MYSELF.

In your first post, you say you watched your RL friends playing, and now you are telling us you actually tested the game yourself after everyone bashed you ? I hereby grant you the titles "royal liar", "troll" and "hateboy".

EDIT

Oh, and you also said that

I am sure I will try it at some point

Why are you saying you will try the game when you already did a few post later ?

• masterdtoxmasterdtox Member Posts: 66
    All players that defend this game are just fanboys. This game is a big fail as everyone can tell read official forums play the game by your self. So just plz stop defending the game, it is done. Dev's just F it up. And that is the naked truth about the game deal with it...Or be a fanboy and waste your money on a 200Mil+ game that just could not deliver, because emhh they had not enough resources to make the game?.....200Mil+ budget....
  • CouganCougan Member UncommonPosts: 422
    Originally posted by Bensor

You defenders make me laugh...lets see, I've spent hours and hours watching rl friend/s play the game and have also spent 3 or 4 hours "driving" via the mouse and keyboard to experience how the game feels to play for MYSELF.

In your first post, you say you watched your RL friends playing, and now you are telling us you actually tested the game yourself after everyone bashed you ? I hereby grant you the titles "royal liar", "troll" and "hateboy".

EDIT

Why are you saying you will try the game when you already did a few post later ?

Dont be too surprised as it is just a continuation of the Emmer4 account and about 10 others before that. Being telling that many ESO stories but all the posts are identical. I tend to notice the new ones since they all sound the same and start a day later.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/userPosts/2680288/page/1

Even some of the comments are word for word /facepalm

• ShnuubsShnuubs Member UncommonPosts: 3
    EU server located in EU. Finally, getting real tired of the lag. Btw it's kinda shitty they didn't have it at launch, I'm paying a monthly fee for this game.....
  • BetaBlockaBetaBlocka Member Posts: 222

EDIT

Actually I thought I would add some further detail as people like you seem to assume I would spend several hours round a mates house watching him play the game and NOT get to try it myself. That does not make me a liar at all....nice try though.

Secondly, when I said I might try it someday I was obviously referring to me buying the game and playing it later levels. Again, nice try.

I think you have proven my point about the rabid fanboys on this site by the fact that can only insult me and make no comment about the criticisms I levelled at the game.....because you have nothing to counter those criticisms with except insults. Very mature, sorry did I say mature? I meant pathetic obviously.

Originally posted by Cougan

EDIT

Dont be too surprised as it is just a continuation of the Emmer4 account and about 10 others before that. Being telling that many ESO stories but all the posts are identical. I tend to notice the new ones since they all sound the same and start a day later.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/userPosts/2680288/page/1

Even some of the comments are word for word /facepalm

Soz what who the fuck are you?

Ahhhhhhh you're one of the guys who claims there is some sort of secret undeground society with a sole purpose to spread lies and mis-information about the game, as opposed to just a large number of honest posters pointing out the clusterfuck of poor design and implementation that the game really is.

There is a reason so many are quitting and I can assure you it is not due to some clandestine anti ESO movement, its because the game is bad.

• CoffeeBreakCoffeeBreak Member Posts: 236

Secondly, when I said I might try it someday I was obviously referring to me buying the game and playing it later levels. Again, nice try.

Why would you even consider buying such a terrible game?  You obviously have enough experience with the game to know that it is terrible.  I feel ya brother.  The game is so horrible I'm have trouble keeping all most posts straight too.

DON'T LET THEM USE THEIR FANBOY MIND TRICKS ON YOU!!!

• ElElyonElElyon Member UncommonPosts: 219

EDIT

Actually I thought I would add some further detail as people like you seem to assume I would spend several hours round a mates house watching him play the game and NOT get to try it myself. That does not make me a liar at all....nice try though.

I think you have proven my point about the rabid fanboys on this site by the fact that can only insult me and make no comment about the criticisms I levelled at the game.....because you have nothing to counter those criticisms with except insults. Very mature, sorry did I say mature? I meant pathetic obviously.

For some reason people who hate this game camp out here waiting to bash anyone who says good things about it.

This thread is a perfect example, I don't understand why people would waste their time sitting in forums for games they don't like. Nothing better to do?

I hope you buy it and try it for yourself and don't listen to these very odd people :)

Originally posted by CoffeeBreak

Why would you even consider buying such a terrible game?  You obviously have enough experience with the game to know that it is terrible.  I feel ya brother.  The game is so horrible I'm have trouble keeping all most posts straight too.

DON'T LET THEM USE THEIR FANBOY MIND TRICKS ON YOU!!!

Because at some point, they will be forced to do something that will turn the game from just bad to fairly average. I've played and enjoyed enough average games in my life so at some point, ESO HAS to be worth looking at.

In ther here and now however, the game is bad but the implementation seems worse. That I will not pay for.

Why would I pay for clunky laggy combat, terrible phasing, broken mechanics, game breaking bugs, lackluster levelling and rapidly emptying PvP area? I'd rather let the fanboys pay and sub until the game is brought up to reasonable level of polish. You know, the level of polish that it should have had at launch. Of course, the game may never get there in which case it will simply shut down.

I notice yet more threads about players being randomly banned and having emails saying their accounts will be deleted. They can't even get that right. I also notice, or course, that thread was locked on these forums.

Damage limitation is in full swing it seems :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • ElElyonElElyon Member UncommonPosts: 219
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by ElElyon

EDIT

For some reason people who hate this game camp out here waiting to bash anyone who says good things about it.

This thread is a perfect example, I don't understand why people would waste their time sitting in forums for games they don't like. Nothing better to do?

I hope you buy it and try it for yourself and don't listen to these very odd people :)

Yeah, both sides seem to be doing it. After I quite and stated when the game was working for me I was having fun. But my overall experience was bad due to the amount of bugs I experienced. I still was attacked. It's quite amusing seeing how ravenous people can get over something so little.

Yeah I saw that, that got way out of hand. It's strange how attached we get to these games. It's like its a personal insult if some one likes or dislikes the game you like or dislike.

Why can't I like ESO and another person likes Wildstar? Clearly the person who likes Wildstar is wrong but that's OK! ;)

• IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138
    Originally posted by jacktors

Justice System- Steal and kill NPC's and deal with the consequences if you are caught......Wow, that looks like a nice addition to the game. I wonder if this will be added to the game with the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild. 

Armor dying and tinting....... That should make people happy.

Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood Storyline and quests... As mentioned above.

Spellcrafting... That one sounds fun

Imperial City PVP dungeon..... This one tops the list in my opinion.

Horse Racing.... Interesting

Increased ability to pick up items in the world...I have been saying this forever.  I hate when I see items in an area, but I can only loot some of them.. It destroys the immersion.  

Two new veteran dungeons....Crypt of Hearts and City of Ash... I am not yet there, but i am sure many will like this addition. 

European Megaserver to European Datacenter.  European playerbase should be happy here. 

There are more items on ESO website, but I liked these items.  I like the way the game is going.  Great job Zenimax.  Better keep adding content or people will get bored. Just a fact of MMORPG's.  

That actualyl sounds good. Maybe in a few months I might decide to head back and wont feel like the 100s of hours questing was pointless.

Im skeptical on how indepth the NPC system will be. I can guess they can make it similar to a dynamic quests the way cities are phased. So for example if a person went to a city did all thew quests... but then with this new NPC thief system they can go back to any city and try to steal/break in from closed parts of the game. It can be mini quests, and of course the concequences will be obvious like banishment and possible quests to redeem or undo that banishment. Also how these quests play a part when successful or unsuccessful in the open world or other cities, or in pve. For example a person steals an item that the vampires respect, and as such the vampires will be allies not just neutral... so any vampire NPC in the area will come to your aid when attacked.

The instanced pvp makes more sense to make the action more 'action packed'. However, skeptical, that it will be balanced. As it is now, certain classes are too imba.

Horse races sounds great. Its what I wanted for swtor to replace their tube space shooter with, but not horses but swoop races. And since ESO is 18+ they can include gambling on the horse races.

Looking forward to this update and hopefully they can deliver soon. 

Also I am not a fan of the vr expectation to do another 100s of hours content after finishing 1 factions story to do 2 others. But I hope they have some way to fix this... as in, make it so only quests that give skill points are playable on the other faction... or have a special marker while making the lvling quicker as well.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    as usuall another MMORPG which until it will be polished it will have to become f2p ...

• SuperchieftianSuperchieftian Member Posts: 88
    Originally posted by Superchieftian
    Originally posted by Phry
    Originally posted by oldboygamer
    Originally posted by CoffeeBreak
    Originally posted by ohioastro
    The sour bitching here about a really interesting set of additions to the game illustrates everything that is wrong with this game and the impression it's poor launch has left on it's customers both current and potential.

Fixed for you...no thanks required :)

You should try the game.  It's weird that someone would post so many negative comments about a game they haven't played.

Pffft...I spent a fair few hours round at a rl friends house checking out the beta and *almost* bought it. I was on the fence having purchased three or four new games around the time ESO launched so thought I would wait and see how the first month panned out. I have 6 rl friends in my close social / gaming circle who have all been playing mmorpgs along with me for over a decade and I trust their opinion.

All 6 have of them have chosen not to sub after the free month and we have discussed the games pros and cons ad nauseum...judging by their feedback plus the public clusterfuck that the games launch has turned out to be I made the right choice.

That doesnt mean I don't get urked by the shameless white knighting and bizarre level of fanboyism that goes on around here though where the ESO-Mafia rip apart anyone who has issues with the game, try to imply the myriad of issues and bugs / hacks / bots / poor design decisions / poor customer service etc etc do not exist, are made up or are the product of some hate campaign instead of being real issues experienced by real paying customers.

I am sure I will try it at some point as I have played all the other ES games plus FO3...maybe when I have a blank window in my gaming schedule, probably once it goes F2P....far too busy beta testing WS and dieing in DS2 right now though :)

Ok so you haven't played, but you watched someone else play? So who cares what you think eh?

You obviously haven't watched the 'lets play' on Youtube vids, their a huge advertisement for whatever game is being played, and yes, depending on how good or bad it is, it will affect sales of that game.

So if people are turned off of buying a game by just watching someone else play said game, then the ones who care about it are usually the sales department of that games developers.

And yes, i have bought games in the past solely on the basis of watching other people play them, albeit on youtube.image

There is a difference though. That thought process is exact what is wrong with this planet.

People can buy/not buy a game based on someone else's experience and it be a valid reason. Reviews are a good source of information about a game.

To watch someone else play and then claim that the game is good/bad based on that person's experience is just stupid. Everyone experiences life differently. You cannot make a claim that something is good or bad without actually experiencing it yourself because YOU do not know.

I've sat there and experienced my rl friends frustrations at the bugs, seen him fall through the world several times, seen him be unable to progress quests due to bugs and glitches. I've sat there and shared his frustration at the lag in PvP and the bad design choices in game. I've sat there and watched him comically try to group and share the MMO experience with others....which failed miserably.

I've also watched several hours on gamepay on youtube to see if the game improves at higher levels. I've also kept abreast of the latest ESO news and watched the poor launch from the sidelines. The only thing that makes you any different is that you spent money on the game and I didnt. All of the above equips me perfectly to voice my opinion on the game, thanks very much.

The game is bad. The graphics, animation and controls are meh. The design choices in game range from meh to outright bizarre. The game has lag in PvP when Mat Firror publicly said there would be none.

Even people who PLAY the game are saying that Cyridil is rapidly becoming empty. People seem to be leaving in droves. Even you fanboys are now in the acceptance phase and clinging on to lists of things that either should have been in at launch or will not happen at all or will be implemented poorly. It's blatantly obvious that the list of things that ZOS are talking about is nothing more than a desperate attempt at damage limitation to stem the tide of unsubscribers.

We are now out of the first month right? Where are those sales numbers? Or sub announcements? You know, like every other game announces?

If you enjoy the game, great, but that doesnt mean its a good game. It's certainly the worst ES game I have ever played and the huge number of people that seem to cancelling would appear to agree with that statement.

As much as I would like to agree with you, I don't care for the game myself look at my history, the fact that you changed your story after being called out means you no longer hold a truthful opinion. Have a good day.

• CrazyhorsekCrazyhorsek Member UncommonPosts: 272
    Originally posted by DAS1337

Something new called guild kiosks.  These will be PUBLIC guild auction houses that will be available to the highest bidding guilds.  This is a big deal here as well.

In Cyrodiil, when your guild captures a keep, your guild auction house is available in that keep, to the public though the Guild Store... as long as you have the keep, Your Guild auction house is open to the public.

So... theres LOTS of guild's stores open to the public, ALWAYS.