Gankfest?

13»

Comments

• CandyCaneNJCandyCaneNJ Kendall Park, NJMember UncommonPosts: 187
    Originally posted by dandurin
    Originally posted by BattleSaint

good info heck im in the alpha now and i still wasnt clear on some of this as im too busy exploring and cultivating my pot farm lol. That last point you made about group play is pretty important.

im beginning to realize that the inherent political,military and social conflicts driven by PVP may be the ultimate form of content. I SEE now the point so many PVP supporters have tried to articulate.

My only issue now is trying to adapt my gameview to this new reality and wrap my head and outdated attitudes around this.  Its hard and scary for some of us ive been a carebear/healer  for sooooooo long.

I crave something new heck ya know what? i blame my watching Game Of Thrones on this transformation.  I can see the inter-house/faction warfare and intrigue of that mythos playing out in this game and it seems damn cool to me.

Fantastic post.  I wish there were a way to mark it as an "uberpost" somehow.

I find myself in almost exactly your boat.

Every fantasy story every written has PVP in it, yet games that embrace it have all been ruined by sociopaths and exploiters.

The genre needs to make the Tyrion Lannisters of the world come out on top and not the Joffrey Baratheons.

So true! The insane, very selfish psychopaths who want to ruin people's experiences in the game and laugh at killing over and over should get a minimum of 12 hours in prison in my opinion. The very short sentences encourage them to want to go to jail! If people got half a day or days in jail, this would curb people from being so damn crazy.

I haven't reached level 30 but am in a good large guild that will help me for sure.

• JeepEscapeJeepEscape Bend, ORMember UncommonPosts: 63

I still don't get the fear of PvP some people have, and I'm not even a hardcore PvPer.  All my many, many years gaming, I've never had anyone grief me to the point where I wanted to cry about it.  

I'd rather have the thrill and immersion of a PvP server any day, than to run around bored, watching a movie on my other screen because the game is just a mindless solo-fest.  I can see why some people want that, but I prefer a little excitement in my MMOs.

• dandurindandurin Santa Clara, CAMember UncommonPosts: 498
    Originally posted by JeepEscape
    I still don't get the fear of PvP some people have, and I'm not even a hardcore PvPer.  All my many, many years gaming, I've never had anyone grief me to the point where I wanted to cry about it.   I'd rather have the thrill and immersion of a PvP server any day, than to run around bored, watching a movie on my other screen because the game is just a mindless solo-fest.  I can see why some people want that, but I prefer a little excitement in my MMOs.

PVPers always talk about how immersive it is, but typically what happens is, since people hate to lose to other players, they find the most immersion-breaking exploits available to gain an advantage.

I'm all for playing a game where PVP is legal, but just because it is legal doesn't mean it needs to be prevalent.  A sociopathic ganker wouldn't last a day in Game  of Thrones, for instance. I want an environment where PVP is rare and meaningful, griefers get nowhere, and responsible, clever players end up on top. 

• Informer80Informer80 Stefferson, IDMember Posts: 91
    Originally posted by JeepEscape
    I still don't get the fear of PvP some people have, and I'm not even a hardcore PvPer.  All my many, many years gaming, I've never had anyone grief me to the point where I wanted to cry about it.

Well, ArcheAge will teach you a lesson about getting ganked and griefed. As long as you´re foolish enough to leav the safezones!