Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DC Universe Online: Latest Update Brings Changes to Combat System

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The latest update to DC Universe Online brings a bevy of changes to the combat system to "make it more fun, dynamic and challenging". The team has released a nifty video to show off some of the changes that you won't want to miss.  Find out more on the DC Universe Online site.

• Heroes and Villains opportunity to play off of the type of character that uses varying weapons, such as Deathstroke or Arsenal.

• Players the ability to master multiple weapon types and seamlessly combine them during combat.

• Players more ways to reach maximum effectiveness with their power, as well as granting them greater flexibility and power during fights. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731
    this game has really lost almost all popularity. im not sure this game is even worth it to continue to work on. now would b a good time to scrap this game and make more of an MMO with DC characters.
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    All the players on PS3 and PS4 would disagree. But random statements based on nothing work too.

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Champions Online is a true pc mmo. This is a waste of time on PC. Its a straight up console game.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    nice

• DeathRogueDeathRogue Member UncommonPosts: 2
    well im into the PC version of this game. this game is 1 of the few that cross over to the console. players/people who say its not a true mmo is full of it; OR they do not not what the word MMO stands for. for those who feel like I see MMO stands for Massive Multi-player Online. Now this game has twice as many players as the Marvels version of an MMO which is to much like Diablos Stuff. So please folk if you dont have nothing nice please keep it to yourselves or post it on forums no one is going to troll/flame you on.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Champions.... Really... Champions is a diluted CoH that they stuck a by now VERY obscure PnP RPG on top of after losing the Marvel license.

It will be the bronze medal for many years to come.... Then it might advance to silver.

This have been a good conversation

• JimWraithJimWraith Member UncommonPosts: 127

There are things I like about DC Universe (I sometimes play on PC), but the combat is button-mashy in a style akin to every console action game port I have ever played.  And that is a turn off for me.  But it hasn't stopped from occasionally mashing it's buttons.

In my opinion a good PC MMO utilizes way more buttons than a game controller has, and I'm not accounting for text chat.  And that is a traditional MMORPG line of thought.  I've played or tested most every MMO that has released since the original EverQuest, and when I think MMO, I want traditional.

DCU was designed like a number of other games to be cross-platform.  It's a good market play if you want a diverse player base.  But in my opinion the only MMO that has done the cross-platform thing right while keeping the traditional MMO feel is Final Fantasy XIV.