Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TESO: It's not me, it's you

Comments

• BMBenderBMBender Member UncommonPosts: 827

What I find amusing in this particular ESO drama piece, is that some in this thread saying those asked/received refunds were "unworthy" of said refund. They were "unworthy" simply due to the fact they played the game long enough to find out if it "delivered" or not. While in a completely unrelated thread regarding when a MMO is subject to "review" some familiar names commonly said 6+ months to get an "accurate" picture of the game. My question is, which is it?

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910

It's reap what you sow. Sew is for needlework sow is planting something. Just saying  if you want to use the expression not judging thought you might appreciate the correction. Don't call me an a-hole for pointing that out.

Hmm this is tough actually if he had that much trouble playing then Zenimax owes him a refund. The game was quite bad for him going by his post. I recall following some of his other posts. He tried his best to make it work but  Zenimax failed in delivering a product . The time he spent trying to make it work should not be used against him. He should get a refund.

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by Uhwop
    Originally posted by Ghavrigg
    Originally posted by kakasaki
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    I got my refund~ all $90.00 I spent. So we can drop the whole," You're not going to get it" or "I sincerely hope you don't get it."

You're a terrible person, my friend. But I guess terrible people lead the world at large, so oh well.

I'm a terrible person asking for a refund for a terrible product from a company that had a terrible attitude towards how terrible their product actually was.

I can respect a person not liking a game.

I can respect a person posting on a forum why he didn't like a game.

I can respect a person saying I am an idiot for liking a game he doesn't like.

I have no respect for someone who plays a game for a length of time, gets to the end game, realized he doesn't like said game and asks for a refund. That my friend is character... or rather lack thereof.  The sad thing is most people don't understand what I just said... 

Well said.

But people like the OP, and those who agree with him, will likely think "character" means "pushover." Which in reality, is likely closer to the truth at this point.

You resorted to calling someone an Ahole and a terrible person for wanting a refund.  

You have no business talking about anyone's "character", when you demonstrate very little of your own.  

Being that kind of disrespectful doesn't make you a good or better person.  

I actually didn't refer to him directly as an asshole, just how the world was full of them, and I also followed that up with other stuff. Oh and I called him a terrible person AFTER he got the refund. ;) Reap what you sew and all that.

But this thread seems pretty split down the middle on this issue. So whatevs.

A refund Zeni online agreed to.   It's not your place to pass judgement.  

"The internet: where no one has a right to judge others on opinions ever."

They're showing a kindness to the OP in hopes that he won't bash them too hard as a disgruntled customer, and might possibly re-purchase down the road when many issues are fixes. An undeserved kindness, but it is what it is.

And like I brought up earlier, now he can say, "at least they gave me a refund, so their CS isn't all that bad."

• artemisentr4artemisentr4 Member UncommonPosts: 1,431
    Originally posted by Voiidiin
    I got my refund~ all $90.00 I spent. So we can drop the whole," You're not going to get it" or "I sincerely hope you don't get it."

You're a terrible person, my friend. But I guess terrible people lead the world at large, so oh well.

I'm a terrible person asking for a refund for a terrible product from a company that had a terrible attitude towards how terrible their product actually was.

I have no respect for someone who plays a game for a length of time, gets to the end game, realized he doesn't like said game and asks for a refund. That my friend is character... or rather lack thereof.  The sad thing is most people don't understand what I just said... 

Clearly you are wrong in your thinking, because the people who made this game agree with him, that he deserved a refund. 

So if the entity that made a product was confronted by a disgruntled customer, and said customer wanted a refund, said entity asks why, customer gives reason, and said entity either agrees with the customer or does not. If they agree then a refund is given, if not, well thats obvious. He got a refund... ergo.. Zenimax agreed with his reasoning as to why he deserved a refund.

Also, why do you care if he got his money back or not?  Does it hurt you in anyway ? Clearly the one portion of this equation (Zenimax) was not hurt by it enough to refuse the refund.

Clearly you are wrong in your thinking, because the people who made this game wanted to have a customer first attitude and game him a refund regardless of the reasons given.

It is better to have good CS and make a customer happy than to fight with the customer over reasons. Because that customer may look at a future product and buy it because of how they were treated with an issue. If they said no because you played the entire month, it could make things worse.

“How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
    R.A.Salvatore

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    OP i was with you until you asked for a refund. Going all the way to VR5 and then asking for a refund for all the hours you spent playing ...come on man for real? I know you are not that cheap... SWTOR is still fixing broken quests to this day . Warhammer Online was a buggy mess until the very end of its life. DAOC has darkness falls bugs that you fall through the floor still to this day. AO come on really? the reason that game pretty much failed and AOC also was because of the bugs. Shit happens you either cry about it or you move on but demanding some refund for playing a game for a month or longer is pushing into entitlement by far. Speak with your wallet is fine , cancel your account and wait til they fix everything if you truly like the game like you said. But do not ask for refunds when you obviously been playing the game for over a month. Thats just being sleezy and I know your better than that.
  • VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817
    Originally posted by artemisentr4

Clearly you are wrong in your thinking, because the people who made this game agree with him, that he deserved a refund. 

So if the entity that made a product was confronted by a disgruntled customer, and said customer wanted a refund, said entity asks why, customer gives reason, and said entity either agrees with the customer or does not. If they agree then a refund is given, if not, well thats obvious. He got a refund... ergo.. Zenimax agreed with his reasoning as to why he deserved a refund.

Also, why do you care if he got his money back or not?  Does it hurt you in anyway ? Clearly the one portion of this equation (Zenimax) was not hurt by it enough to refuse the refund.

Clearly you are wrong in your thinking, because the people who made this game wanted to have a customer first attitude and game him a refund regardless of the reasons given.

It is better to have good CS and make a customer happy than to fight with the customer over reasons. Because that customer may look at a future product and buy it because of how they were treated with an issue. If they said no because you played the entire month, it could make things worse.

Considering how Zenimax demanded a sub before the 30 days was even over, i strongly doubt that they would refund a player the money if he/she did not have a reason they could not refute.

But i digress, please be angry at me for defending someone who was flamed for doing something that hurt no one in anyway. 

If Zenimax put the customer first there would be tons more players SUBBING, and less threads talking about quitting. Rose colored glasses are certainly helpful to those who refuse to see the truth.

Lolipops !

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931

Hey I understand Mtibbs1989.

I am guessing I am not high enough to see these. I did do some exploring higher up and did catch some trying to kill npc that just would never die and watch them run off to another hopping it would die.

The bugs so far I can get around its the bots for ME I cant. I quit because of that. As of now with patch 1.06 does nothing. Shows you they dont have the man power not any clue as to how to stop it unless they .. anyway..

Considering how Zenimax demanded a sub before the 30 days was even over, i strongly doubt that they would refund a player the money if he/she did not have a reason they could not refute.

But i digress, please be angry at me for defending someone who was flamed for doing something that hurt no one in anyway. 

If Zenimax put the customer first there would be tons more players SUBBING, and less threads talking about quitting. Rose colored glasses are certainly helpful to those who refuse to see the truth.

When did they demand a sub before the 30 days were done?

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Character and morals are independent of the outcome.  Demanding a refund for a piece of software you used for an extended period of time, made it to end-game and then decided to get a refund is wrong. That people try to  rationalize their actions to make it ok does not make their action moral or show character. 

And I do not care if he got his money back. I was just making an observation as to the attitude of some of my fellow gamers. Agree with it or not, I really don't care. I am just giving my view. That some people get so defensive about it leads me to believe that deep down, you realize that this is not something a person of character would do.

"No change of circumstances can repair a defect of character." Ralph Waldo Emerson

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Originally posted by makasouleater69

Sad to say but today I'll be quitting Elder Scrolls Online. The battle to try and enjoy this game has ended and my VR5 character's journey will come to a close. Not because I want to but because I'm essentially forced to. I cannot progress through the game due to the sheer amount of bugs. Just like the issues with the main story line my character cannot progress into the VR6-10 zones because I cannot finish the 'Cadwell's Almanac" requirements. I've spent several days logging out, repeating, and repairing the game but to no avail I cannot progress.

I suppose I'll send in an e-mail to Zenimax tell them I want to obtain a refund and go back to playing less frustrating games like Dark Souls 2 since it just released. Seriously the game was fun when it worked but it has been an uphill struggle that has only become worse the further I progress. From falling through the world, not being able to use my skills and abilities, not being able to auto-attack, not being able to use my siege equipment, many broken quests many of which won't be fixed on the 1.1 patch release, to the infinite load screens, network I/O issues, the memory leak, and various other bugs or exploits.

Good by my little lizard man~ I'll miss you but I must move on and to commemorate this occasion a video:

Man how can you expect a refund. You put more hours into eso, then i play computer in a month. 

Exactly.  He doesnt deserve a refund.  Its completely ludicrous to even ask for one in these circumstances.

You make your statement by cancelling sub.  Asking for a refund for a game that you put days into is a shitty thing to do.

Its not like the game is Vanguard.  It has an above average amount of bugs but bugs are EXPECTED in a newly released MMORPG.  if you dont expect them you are an unreasonable person, doubly so if they are endgame bugs and you rush to the endgame.

Next time just wait two months after launch.

• monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622

Glad you made it that far. I couldnt get past 39. I tried SO hard to love the guild centric economy. The so called guild stores. But I just didnt like the concept and its implementation. The lack of customization was also a detriment. Quality of life things like that turned me off the more I leveled up.

The game has a lot of great qualities like the environments, explorations, some stories, the combat and classes. But I just couldnt get into the economy and looking like every other 30 something turned me off. It was fun while it lasted but I guess my personal style of mmos looks like something else.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • HordequesterHordequester Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Originally posted by syriinx

Sad to say but today I'll be quitting Elder Scrolls Online. The battle to try and enjoy this game has ended and my VR5 character's journey will come to a close. Not because I want to but because I'm essentially forced to. I cannot progress through the game due to the sheer amount of bugs. Just like the issues with the main story line my character cannot progress into the VR6-10 zones because I cannot finish the 'Cadwell's Almanac" requirements. I've spent several days logging out, repeating, and repairing the game but to no avail I cannot progress.

I suppose I'll send in an e-mail to Zenimax tell them I want to obtain a refund and go back to playing less frustrating games like Dark Souls 2 since it just released. Seriously the game was fun when it worked but it has been an uphill struggle that has only become worse the further I progress. From falling through the world, not being able to use my skills and abilities, not being able to auto-attack, not being able to use my siege equipment, many broken quests many of which won't be fixed on the 1.1 patch release, to the infinite load screens, network I/O issues, the memory leak, and various other bugs or exploits.

Good by my little lizard man~ I'll miss you but I must move on and to commemorate this occasion a video:

Man how can you expect a refund. You put more hours into eso, then i play computer in a month. 

Exactly.  He doesnt deserve a refund.  Its completely ludicrous to even ask for one in these circumstances.

You make your statement by cancelling sub.  Asking for a refund for a game that you put days into is a shitty thing to do.

Its not like the game is Vanguard.  It has an above average amount of bugs but bugs are EXPECTED in a newly released MMORPG.  if you dont expect them you are an unreasonable person, doubly so if they are endgame bugs and you rush to the endgame.

So, if my TV stops working after using it..I should wait a few months and hope it fixes itself?

The box price is for the game and the sub is for continued updates and server usage. If the game isn't working, why would you just cancel sub? You paid for the software and the software isn't working.

Originally posted by BMBender

What I find amusing in this particular ESO drama piece, is that some in this thread saying those asked/received refunds were "unworthy" of said refund. They were "unworthy" simply due to the fact they played the game long enough to find out if it "delivered" or not. While in a completely unrelated thread regarding when a MMO is subject to "review" some familiar names commonly said 6+ months to get an "accurate" picture of the game. My question is, which is it?

When talking about an entertainment purchase, I can see asking for a refund as wrong when you played for almost a month. We are not talking about something physical like a TV or food. And it has nothing to do with a physical copy either. If it was broken and didn't download, then a refund or replacement is justified. It is something visual and interactive. Sure it can be broken and not work as in some of the quests. But to get to VR5 and ask for a refund just is bad form IMO.

The game did deliver 55 levels of entertainment. The OP acknowledged that he had fun, but had issues with the bugs. After the level of quests completed, he had to stop at VR5. But the time spent up to that point had to be worth the effort. So I don't think a refund was warranted. But kutos to ZOS for given a refund anyway.

“How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
    R.A.Salvatore

He got a refund... ergo.. Zenimax agreed with his reasoning as to why he deserved a refund.

clearly you have zero clue how customer service wants.

Especially in today's entitled asshole society, you often cave in to customer's demands.  because many, many people are disgusting pricks who will do anything to get money they don't deserve.

Any intelligent person knows that he did not deserve the refund.  Zenimax did it to avoid negative publicity, and also in hopes of having him as a future customer someday.

Originally posted by BMBender

When talking about an entertainment purchase, I can see asking for a refund as wrong when you played for almost a month. We are not talking about something physical like a TV or food. And it has nothing to do with a physical copy either. If it was broken and didn't download, then a refund or replacement is justified. It is something visual and interactive. Sure it can be broken and not work as in some of the quests. But to get to VR5 and ask for a refund just is bad form IMO.

The game did deliver 55 levels of entertainment. The OP acknowledged that he had fun, but had issues with the bugs. After the level of quests completed, he had to stop at VR5. But the time spent up to that point had to be worth the effort. So I don't think a refund was warranted. But kutos to ZOS for given a refund anyway.

But, the question is. Why aren't you considering it like a TV or food? It is a PRODUCT that you bought that doesn't function in the way you purchased the product to function. Treating it as though it is not a product is one of the biggest problems in software development. There's no accountability because they already have your money.

Customer service vs product or software is not the same thing. You can not equate the product to the act from CS. They are not the same thing. Subbing has nothing to do with giving a refund on request.

I was doing the same thing as you right? I was defending someone who was flamed from you. Not angry, just pointing it out.

R.A.Salvatore

Originally posted by Hordequester

So, if my TV stops working after using it..I should wait a few months and hope it fixes itself?

Uhhh... in this case, he can still use his computer, and he apparently could get around any issues if he actually wanted to, and he could always have PvP'd, or crafted, or whatever else to continue upgrading the character until things fixed up a bit.

Not like there's much of a point in rushing beyond PvP at the moment anyway.

So anyway, not a good analogy.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

Zeni online didn't have a problem giving him a refund, but a few fans seem to have such a problem with it that they attach his "character" and morals.  

Shameful.  

The box price is for the game and the sub is for continued updates and server usage. If the game isn't working, why would you just cancel sub? You paid for the software and the software isn't working.

What a nonsensical analogy.  You cant compare a TV to a MMORPG.

The game was still working.  He could have done other things.

Uhhh... in this case, he can still use his computer, and he apparently could get around any issues if he actually wanted to, and he could always have PvP'd and stuff for now until some stuff got fixed, or crafted, or whatever else to continue upgrading the character until things fixed up a bit.

Not like there's much of a point in rushing beyond PvP at the moment anyway.

He didn't pay $90 for a computer..he paid $90 for a functioning game to play and can no longer play it the way he was playing. That is more than enough reason to get a refund with any other product on the market.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

Zeni online didn't have a problem giving him a refund, but a few fans seem to have such a problem with it that they attach his "character" and morals.  

Shameful.  

Well the 'fans' are 100% correct.  

By the way I hated ESO, I couldnt last 20 minutes with the miserable clunky combat.  But the OP is without question wrong for asking for a refund regardless of if Zenimax caved or not.  i can guarantee you they didnt do it because they felt he deserved it.

• AsariashaAsariasha Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Originally posted by Asariasha

Simple, because I can. 

Terms of Use say something else. Good luck.

By the way, just my personal opinion. Consuming a game and then asking for a refund is mean-minded and unsocial and gives the impression of you being a games locust.

Yeah, you want to talk about mean-minded: Terms of Use in general...you agree to keep a product before even using it. No other product that isn't software gets away with this disgusting abuse of law. I must be a 'tablet locust' for buying a tablet then returning it because it stopped working after using it for a month? I'm so evil for returning that television after the picture went out..I mean I used the thing for a few months..how dare I?

Consuming a game is a pretty ridiculous notion especially in this case..since he specifically stated he couldn't even get passed VR5 which is not even half the game.

Terms of Use/Service and End User License Agreements typically don't hold up in a court of law. If you purchase a piece of software you own it! If the product isn't working you have the right for a refund!

Just make sure when you ask for a refund you state your case and you can point to the issues at hand. Mine come from the list of issues within the game that I've encountered while filling out their bug reports.

Every time you buy something, be it a TV from a media store or a week in Austria from a travel agent, you make a contract with the seller. Both you and the other party agree to terms and conditions. The seller has agreed to provide you 'statutory rights'.

These laws depend on whether you're buying goods or services. It's also worth noting they're also only for consumers, so they don't apply if you're buying something in the course of a business. Which rights apply are subject to the laws from the country of the seller.

As far as I know, the return policies in the United States are 30 days for goods and 7 days for services. Computer games are considered services and the seller may reject refunding, if the security seal has been broken. In case you bought a digital copy of the game, having installed and played it equates to breaking the seal. Especially when considering the amount of time you used this software.

Also, in this case you wouldn't speak of an inoperable software, but of a software deficit. Zenimax duty is to correct the defect and thats it. If Zenimax grants you a refund, it can be considered an act of goodwill. Nothing else.

This discussion has been closed.