Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Destiny: Strike Co-op Mission Shines in New Game Play Video

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Bungie has released a new video for Destiny that shows off the 'strike' cooperative mission feature. The video is packed with game play and a good look at combat in the upcoming title. Let us know what you think after giving the video a look.

New details for pre-order incentives have been announced. GameStop Power Up Rewards members who pre-order Destiny at retail stores nation-wide will receive the GameStop Exclusive Upgraded Sparrow. This in-game, customized, red-colored personal-transport features an upgraded boost, faster speed, and higher durability than the standard Sparrow. The Exclusive Upgraded Sparrow will put GameStop's Power Up Rewards members ahead of the game when Destiny launches on September 9.* 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

I can not see the movie, might just be me, but here is the link anyway.

• RanyrRanyr Member UncommonPosts: 212
    It's not just you. Thanks for the link.
  • RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 808
    This would be great.  If it was on PC, I don't care about console crap.
    I like to complain about games.
  • MojoKingBeeMojoKingBee Member UncommonPosts: 25

Every time I see a 1st or 3rd person shooter designed for console I honestly don't even care about a PC port anymore. And even from a few minutes of gameplay it's obvious Destiny isn't anything different from other console fps. The one thing every console shooter seems to be focused on these days is the difficulty to aim with the stupid controllers while standing still in the middle of the fray, instead of the need to use any kind of strategic positioning. Just watching the aiming in this video is bloody unbearable...

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Console only, why even bother even mentioning any nonsense Bungie puts out?  A more clueless development company does not exist.
  • Iceman8235Iceman8235 Member UncommonPosts: 205
    I think it looks good and like the idea of a persistent MMO on console.
  • stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    Console only, why even bother even mentioning any nonsense Bungie puts out?  A more clueless development company does not exist.

Yeah they're clueless alright... *rolls eyes* This will be bigger than any of the MMOs that have released since WoW. Say what you want, it doesn't make it relevant or true.....

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Not quite Unreal or Quake quality but looks not too bad.However mmorpg already has a sister site dedicated to first person shooters ,it does not fit anywhere in the rpg model other than to say your role playing a soldier but so is everyone else.

Single player game modes sucgh as in Unreal/quake/cod/GOW ect ect seem to be  ok but those games all strive on their multiplayer ,co-op seems like an ok idea to me though.

The environments seem bland though so not sure it looks good enough to get me to play it but the weaponry and effects are ok.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• onlinenow25onlinenow25 Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Originally posted by stevebombsquad
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

Yeah they're clueless alright... *rolls eyes* This will be bigger than any of the MMOs that have released since WoW. Say what you want, it doesn't make it relevant or true.....

Really now?

The game looked boring as hell.  The only cool looking part was when they panned out to 3rd person for some special ability, yet even those looked last luster and uninspired.  Even the voice actors sounded bored.  Felt no threat of death of defeat watching that.  Only able to handle two weapons it looks like per class/build what ever set up they have.  Why?  Its boring they could have at least allowed you to have 4 weapon swaps using the D-pad.

I thought the game sounded good, but after watching that... Man so glad I didn't buy and Xbone, not like I would have for a single game though because well Xbone....

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

So dont get me wrong Im not slamming it. But is it just a lobby game where groups of 3-12 people just go on pre-generated missions against A.I.?

Im a PlanetSide2 player and all that is, is endless base taking. But it is against other players so every battle is different. And even though what you do in that game can get to be a little boring the fights are always exciting.

Im just not sure exactly what this is?

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

well it does not look like anything special..