Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So you are L50 and VR1 and think you have achieved something? Think again

Comments

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    Originally posted by fivoroth
    Originally posted by ohioastro

This was explicitly advertised and has been extensively discussed.  If they didn't do this, people would complain that they "could only see a third of the game with their main character".  If they do, then it's "cheap".  For the record, it does look as if there are 100 - 150 hours of things to do per faction; in what way is having more things to do than any other newly released MMO "cheap"?

I am pretty sure that if Vanilla WoW at launch forced you to do every single quest in the game, including both Horde and Alliance quests, you would have the same amount of content or even more than ESO.

There was more than enough content in vanilla wow for your main character even without this, except maybe for the most hardcore gamers in this world. Having different zones for each race and each faction was actually very smart; it gave more replay value for WoW at that time. I can't see this in ESO. By the time you have maxed your main character, you've seen each and every quest the game has to offer. I don't see this as a positive thing.

• rmk70rmk70 Member UncommonPosts: 408
    Originally posted by remyburke
    Thanks OP. I didn't realize this is how it works in ESO. I'm excited about hitting 50 now! :)

+1

• ElElyonElElyon Member UncommonPosts: 219
    Originally posted by deniter

This was explicitly advertised and has been extensively discussed.  If they didn't do this, people would complain that they "could only see a third of the game with their main character".  If they do, then it's "cheap".  For the record, it does look as if there are 100 - 150 hours of things to do per faction; in what way is having more things to do than any other newly released MMO "cheap"?

I am pretty sure that if Vanilla WoW at launch forced you to do every single quest in the game, including both Horde and Alliance quests, you would have the same amount of content or even more than ESO.

There was more than enough content in vanilla wow for your main character even without this, except maybe for the most hardcore gamers in this world. Having different zones for each race and each faction was actually very smart; it gave more replay value for WoW at that time. I can't see this in ESO. By the time you have maxed your main character, you've seen each and every quest the game has to offer. I don't see this as a positive thing.

You can't compare WoW with ESO, WoW was designed that way so you would make alt's, WoW is designed for you to have multiple characters, the heirloom equipment comes to mind (which was an amazing idea!).

ESO is designed the opposite, although you can create up to 8 characters the game is obviously designed for one character per account.

And WoW wasn't that great, when you created a new character you really only had 2, maybe 3 new zones then you got shoved into the same zones you did before.

• ChannceChannce Member CommonPosts: 570
    Nice, I am playing on Daggerfall and want to remain loyal to that one realm, I had created (lvl 3 atm) toons on each of the other realms so I could check those areas out, now I don't have do! yay!, deleting my enemy toons today, think ill drown them first.

When I said i had "time", i meant virtual time, i got no RL "time" for you.

• SkymourneSkymourne Member UncommonPosts: 380

This.  The content isn't technically recycled, but i get what the OP is saying.  I stopped at VR6 myself when it hit me that i'd need to do all of this again on a new character.  I didn't see the point really.  Using the same zones would have been fine with me but instead of the entire world getting amnesia (yes, that's what happens and is stupid) and having me do the other faction zones, i would have preferred to advance my faction's storyline and interests into these zones with FRESH content and engaging story.  

The way up to 50 was stellar, but when i realized what 50+ was it was almost insulting.  

• RavenmaneRavenmane Member Posts: 246
    So the OP says I shouldn't be enjoying the 50+ content?  I'm pretty sure it was advertised before the game released.  So it's not like Zenimax pulled the wool over our eyes or anything.  And the tweaking needed to make the content challenging for those levels was done pretty well.  I look at it as 1-50 is normal mode VR1-5 is Medium, and VR 6-10 is Hard.  Yes, I'm up in the VR levels and I find myself needing a little bit of help every once in a while going through the content.  I'm just curious as to how many account the OP has had banned for starting flame wars because all of his posts were negative and designed to ignite tensions on the forums.

"If at first you don't succeed, excessive force is probably the answer."
  • GreatswordGreatsword Member RarePosts: 355

Thanks for the motivation, OP!

Haven't logged into ESO for a while, and if so only for a few minutes. But the prospect of playing all the content for all 3 realms actually is really exciting to me. Time to start playing again.

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432
    Originally posted by PsychoticHamster
    This has been known.....for like months. Seriously anybody remotely interested in the game should've and probably did know this going into the game, if you had a problem with it maybe you shouldn't have bought it as its a pretty big part of the game.

I'm fairly certain there were other ways you could level, like PvP'ing or Dungeons but they nerfed that or it's much lower than expected.  That's the issue.  

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • DEAD.lineDEAD.line Member Posts: 424
    Originally posted by ElElyon

I actually really like this idea a lot. Now I don't have to create alts to see the other factions content.

I'm a big pve'er though so my opinion is biased.

I also don't like making alts to see all the content.

I'd prefer a GW2 model if there are levels, where you can explorable multiple areas that keep opening up and then can return to all of them, if you're high level enough, thanks to down scaling. But, i'll take having a choice to do veteran ranks over being forced to start in the other faction just to do quests, specially when it's the main content of the game.

It's because of these systems i prefer level-less, seamless design.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

I don't mind the questing more, I mind the fact that the other things I'm used to doing to level are nerfed at this stage.  Breaking off and exploring and opening chests to get XP is what kept me sane when I'd get tired of he quest chains. Now all I can do is burn down the quests.

The lore was also lazy as well.  Am I supposed to empathize with opposing factions before  I go into Cyrodiil and increase their casualties? Why is it necessary for me to see things from their perspective? I'd rather be a "spy" or sent on convert mission on behalf of my faction. 

Either way it's a bit tedious without the main story to carry you along and the incentive to explore and do other things.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103
    Originally posted by Gadareth

I actually really like this idea a lot. Now I don't have to create alts to see the other factions content.

I'm a big pve'er though so my opinion is biased.

+1

This was actually a big plus in my book

+2

This is actually what helped sell me, as well as Adventure Zones, (Dungeons the size of zones, with 1 guaranteed boss and 1 skyshard)

• artemisentr4artemisentr4 Member UncommonPosts: 1,431
    Originally posted by asdfbbq

And realize how SUPER CHEAP this game has been developed:

After reaching L50 you then enter the zone of 1 of the 2 other factions and quest all over again. As if you were L1 and would start the game right from zero.

The only difference is, now those ranks are called "veteran ranks" wohoo now you feel badass right? God, the WildStar voice when levelling up would fit here perfectly ;) no, I wont play WS either. No chance in catching me here.

And the second surprise here is, that apart from some differences in the dungeons - the entire content in all three zones is the same.

So choice is an illusion. Yet once again. If you level as EP and go into DC zones, or whatever you did first - you enter all areas pretty much on the same 'ideal' level.

Seeing Veteran Ranks as something special is just wrong on so many levels.

Veteran ranks from 1-5 means going from 'normal' level 1-50 again. In that entire zone. VR 6-10, means yet once again going from 1-50 in the last zone. So you went through all three.

Nice content recycling right there ZOS. Do you really believe people are that infantile to not realize this?

In your opinion. I think this is the best part of the game. I love to quest and I get to do it on one character in all three factions. Just what I wanted. Then after that, I can start the Adventure zones and quest through that in a group. Someone finally made I game catering just to my tastes. Makes me happy.

“How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
    R.A.Salvatore

• DeddmeatDeddmeat Member UncommonPosts: 387

You knew before buying the game that it was hitting 50 then VR the other factions content .. What did you expect? That they had made completely different content for each faction VR?

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Originally posted by remyburke
    Thanks OP. I didn't realize this is how it works in ESO. I'm excited about hitting 50 now! :)

LOL yeah...

First....HI REMY!!

Second...thanks as well

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• Moar61Moar61 Member UncommonPosts: 260
    One of the things I was happy about actually. I wouldn't want to betray High King Emeric just to see the other zones!
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by deniter

You can't compare WoW with ESO, WoW was designed that way so you would make alt's, WoW is designed for you to have multiple characters, the heirloom equipment comes to mind (which was an amazing idea!).

ESO is designed the opposite, although you can create up to 8 characters the game is obviously designed for one character per account.

And WoW wasn't that great, when you created a new character you really only had 2, maybe 3 new zones then you got shoved into the same zones you did before.

Heirloom items were introduced 4-5 years after the game release so don't see what that has to do with it.

In WoW I levelled up two characters at launch all the way to level 60 and never got bored at any point of the levellnig experience. That probably took me 4-5 months. I can say that AT LAUNCH you could level up two characters on the alliance side without repeating any zones between the two. From level 1-20, you had tons of starter zones. After that you had between 3-4 zones for your level range. And that's only questing, not including things like dungeons etc.

So you could maybe even do 3 characters without repeating much content. And that's only on the Alliance side. The Horde have completely different quests and zones. So that's even more. If WoW made you do all those quests, you would have a game 2-3 times the size of ESO. That's at launch! 

Also WoW had a lot of dungeons. And between 50-60 you were even expected to start doing dungeons/raids. 

So no, you had at about 3-4 zones per level range after level 20. And in the 1-20 level range - you had the human zone, nightelf zone, dwarf zone, that's 3 completely different levelling experiences in the level 1-20 range. And if you were Horde you get another 3 completely different starting zones for 1-20.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Originally posted by sirphobos
    Let me get this straight, we're actually complaining that there is TOO MUCH content in games now?

There's a ton of fanboi comments in these threads about VR, but this is one of the strongest. 

Since when is recycling content 3 times counted as more content?

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

"Go experience your enemies perspective even though you already helped them save the world" -ESO

"What? Why? I thought you told me to go to Cyrodiil and kill every last one of them? Now you want me to experience them?" -Me

"Yes, go forth and it will be just like when you first started... except much worst. Go forth my children." -ESO

*Proceeds to skip all quest dialogue and follow map markers so I can get my levels and be done with it* -Me

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534
    Originally posted by holdenhamlet
    Let me get this straight, we're actually complaining that there is TOO MUCH content in games now?

There's a ton of fanboi comments in these threads about VR, but this is one of the strongest. 

Since when are three different story lines "recycling content"?

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by evilized
    You don't get all content. The main story quests are off limits. As are guild quests.

Because those are actually exactly the same for all 3 fractions...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990

I would hope not, playing the main quest again would seem rather odd. :D

Using all three factions PvE is an example of cheap game design. You should be used to is by now, solo games led the way, reusing locations from one game to the next. Battlefield uses the same maps and calls it nostalgia (which I love), PS2 switches the three factions home bases around, to give the game a new feel. SWTOR had players from the other faction coming in from different sides of the same map in PvE.

Games now cost huge sums of money, graphics is the area that eats cash for breakfast. So reusing graphics/locations is going to become more and more common. Get used to it.

• CrazyhorsekCrazyhorsek Member UncommonPosts: 272
    Originally posted by holdenhamlet

Like another poster said.. its not recycling content... its giving you ALL the OTHER content you otherwise dont have access to.

EDIT: oh and you have Cyrodiil pve too btw...

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

After reaching L50 you then enter the zone of 1 of the 2 other factions and quest all over again. As if you were L1 and would start the game right from zero.

The only difference is, now those ranks are called "veteran ranks" wohoo now you feel badass right? God, the WildStar voice when levelling up would fit here perfectly ;) no, I wont play WS either. No chance in catching me here.

And the second surprise here is, that apart from some differences in the dungeons - the entire content in all three zones is the same.

So choice is an illusion. Yet once again. If you level as EP and go into DC zones, or whatever you did first - you enter all areas pretty much on the same 'ideal' level.

Veteran ranks from 1-5 means going from 'normal' level 1-50 again. In that entire zone. VR 6-10, means yet once again going from 1-50 in the last zone. So you went through all three.

Nice content recycling right there ZOS. Do you really believe people are that infantile to not realize this?

You don't seem to realize that this wasn't even originally part of the game. But PLAYERS asked for the ability to play through the content of all 3 factions, rather than locked to only playing in 1 area per character and having to play alts to check out all 3 faction areas. So they added this system to allow you to play everywhere on 1 character and gain something more for your efforts / time invested.

I picture you likely being one of those people who would have been on here complaining that you only get to play 1 area if they had kept it that way. But no, instead youre here complaining that they allow you to play all 3 areas.

• LordZeikLordZeik Member UncommonPosts: 276

I'm quite surprised that people would hate this mechanic. I mean look at it from my perspective for a moment. I rarely make alts ,and only played ebonheart questline. Now I have the option to experience other sides of the story. While gaining bonus levels and making myself stronger in pvp. It's not like the same quests are just painted over with a fresh coat from the days of blue vs red. This company found a very effective way to make sure that content did not become wasted. Otherwise you would of just played through 1/3rd of the game , and of had that what now feeling while you wait for a content update. Now I can agree that if someone made alts and played though the AD and DC storylines.... It would be quite bland to them to go through it all over again on a higher tier. I'm hoping more games in the future implement these kinda techniques. Will expand the content the game has to offer with very little additional cost.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Let's all thank the OP for making one of the most positive ESO threads!! I don't think that's what he was going for, but awesome none the less!