Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eclipse War Online First Look

SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126

First Look

This game kind of confuses me. It has a lot of good points. But totally horrible ones, that shouldn't even exist. Let's start with what I like

Transforming into any enemy 

Asorbing Enemy Attacks

Good Armor and Weapons Design

Good Skill Customization

Fast Travel

Dislikes:

Terrible Environmental Graphics

Dumb Enemy AI

Super Limited Character Design

Bad UI

Bad Environmental Uses (Aka can't climb rocks or go through water)

Broken Sound Loops

Zero Voices in game.

Cannot change graphic quality

Now this is a beta but they have a long way to go

Comments

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Heh, it never fails to amaze me how much generic and sometimes plain weird mmo's are out there. The invisible walls over water and rocks aren't something you see very often, but damn...

Never heard of this one before, good preview! I think i'll shelve my urges to play as a shufflin kungfu fighting mantis bug for now though, ugh.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• spartan9spartan9 Member Posts: 9
    This EWO is unique bec. of its character transformation.. though i have to agree, I'm not impressed with it's graphics.
  • ChocoKnightChocoKnight Member UncommonPosts: 6

Played the open beta for a few days, and while the transformation system was unique and has promise, the rest of the game around it is just bland. Graphics are bad, sound is bad, combat is a little clunky, the writing is downright awful (don't expect any coherent story or even proper English in the illogical and childish quest dialogue), there's only a very basic and uninteresting crafting system, and the hub/main cities are essentially giant, useless husks that have no additional function than what you can get from a few NPC's in the field. The game is mostly devoid of players on top of that, and unlikely to ever have much of a player base (or last long as a result). Even during peak hours I suspect there were no more than 100 people on.

One thing I thought was a nice feature was how you could turn into a monster, and the other monsters of that same race wouldn't attack you then, even if they were normally hostile. There is some PvP utility in that as well (leading an opponent into a horde of aggressive allied creatures).

It is a little disappointing, because a good game utilizing a slightly improved transformation system with more skill variety could be a real winner. As it is, even the uniqueness and slightly addictive nature of the transformation system is not nearly enough to make up for how generally poor the game is.