Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO 1st Month Report

bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

No one has beaten the game.

No one has been hacked.

No one is hacking.

Personally, I can't believe how much I'm enjoying the skill system and combat. I also can't believe the number of skills that are bugged. 

Conclusion, I'm cautious, but very optimistic about ESO's future. Zenimax has a lot of work to do and they have a great foundation to work with.

/subbed Give me another one.

edit reason - Updated thread was locked. Making old thread into the new thread? 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Comments

• CreatorzimCreatorzim Member UncommonPosts: 274

Do you MMO?

What MMO can you beat in a month? Theres only 1% of players that finished all the content in WOW right now and its been out for over a year now.

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240
    Originally posted by Creatorzim

Do you MMO?

What MMO can you beat in a month? Theres only 1% of players that finished all the content in WOW right now and its been out for over a year now.

Do you know Context?

He's talking about the people who normally hit a forum not even 2 weeks after a game launched claiming they or their guild has taken down the end game boss or what not.

He is also talking about the "Someone hacked my account and took all my stuffs and/or I got banned for it" threads. If you are familiar with these forums, you would have easily picked up on what BC was getting at.

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

Not entirely true.

There was a post about the guy hitting level 50 in 17hours.. That was pretty much I beat the game thread.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/821/view/forums/post/6268117#6268117

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240
    Originally posted by Krimzin

Not entirely true.

There was a post about the guy hitting level 50 in 17hours.. That was pretty much I beat the game thread.

Aye, but not to the extent of what we have seen in the past where they flock to the forums complaining about "no endgame" 

ie; "My whole guild is leaving this game because the lack of endgame. We are all (max level) and there is nothing for us to do. (Game Company X) needs to fix this problem fast or it's going to lose everyone of us..."

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• KrigerKriger Member Posts: 34
    My guess why we haven't seen a lot of those type of threads is because most people are complaining about bugs hindering their advancement or the tons of threads/posts about people quitting the game before they get to max level.

This space reserved for pithy comment.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by bcbully

no, "I beat the game" or  "I got hacked" threads?

/impressed

Maybe because game is very buggy. And end game is still going to be patched in with first area releasing soon.

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699

Ummm... There's literally no endgame. Other than getting to level cap -- something that happened before the game even officially launched -- there's nothing to beat and no possible in-game accomplishment worthy of mention.

Not having anything worth beating isn't exactly what I'd call a feature, but, hey, to each their own.

As for getting hacked... Given disappearing bank slots and items, how would you even tell?

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by Myria

Ummm... There's literally no endgame. Other than getting to level cap -- something that happened before the game even officially launched -- there's nothing to beat and no possible in-game accomplishment worthy of mention.

Not having anything worth beating isn't exactly what I'd call a feature, but, hey, to each their own.

As for getting hacked... Given disappearing bank slots and items, how would you even tell?

It's difficult to sound informed when you don't play the game ....

• johnangeljohnangel Member Posts: 15

How can you beat something thats not there ?

I'm talking about end game why are you impressed ?

You play the questline you become lvl 50 right ?

Then you gring the other factions questlines to get to veteran lvl 10 and thats it now you can uninstall the game.

Sounds impressive too you ??? Should I brag when I get to vlvl 10 ?

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977

Hmmm, what was the date on first emperor?

There you go, endgame beaten.

• Originally posted by Myria

Someone doesn't know what they talking about. level 50 isn't the level cap. Anyone that got to VR10 before the game's official launch was using an exploit.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

I didn't beat the game.

The game beat me with dozens of bugs and badly designed "late game content".

Very controversial experience, partly fun partly wristslittin' awful.

Glad there are other games to play though o/

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by jonesing22

Someone doesn't know what they talking about. level 50 isn't the level cap. Anyone that got to VR10 before the game's official launch was using an exploit.

Oh please, playing semantic games doesn't change squat. There have been VR10s for ages now.

Originally posted by nttajira

hey under the rock, we got a new for you, craiglord the new zone will be online in less that 2 week , probably 1.5 k

Yeah, that whole "We're gonna add an endgame any day now... Promise!" is new, original, and always works out so well.

I didn't realize it was so disturbingly easy to ruffle the ESO fanboy feathers this badly. Honestly I don't really care one way or another, I just found the OP rather laughable given the circumstances.

"Hey, isn't it amazing that no one has bragged about beating the endgame of a game that launched without an endgame!".

Yeah, okay then...

• TbauTbau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 401
    Boy MMORPG standards sure have fallen low to be bragging about meaningless things.
  • TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    No beat the game threads because people are already moving on to different games. Not a bad game, but totally mediocre.

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    No reason to hack player accts, when the game is plenty exploitable all on its own...
  • MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689

Not entirely true.

funny thing is i posted on that one. and told him he still has V1-V10 to go and he replied via PM telling me to fuck off and that the game was beat, lol got to love ego strokers.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432
    Originally posted by jircris

Not entirely true.

funny thing is i posted on that one. and told him he still has V1-V10 to go and he replied via PM telling me to fuck off and that the game was beat, lol got to love ego strokers.

Except he's actually right.  The story completes at 50 (or close to it).  After that it's just a massive grind through other alliance starter zone quests.

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103

/impressed

Yeah I noticed that too, but I also noticed "I quit" threads where those "I beat the game" threads used to go!   Guess some people have a time expectation on beating the game.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

Maybe because game is very buggy. And end game is still going to be patched in with first area releasing soon.

No it's not very buggy. At least AD areas are not. Of course there are and were problems but haters multiply those with 100. To all haters I can also say that the game is so frigging bad that it's teeming with players. I see them everywhere, even in the remotest places.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I guess I'm lucky, I've only ran into 3 quests I couldn't complete, I'm VR10 on my main and got a VR1 I'm working on right now...
  • evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576

there's a very small portion of the playerbase in veteran areas right now. end game content at this point = cyrodiil and nothing else. There are dungeons but they take 15-20 minutes to clear and only drop gear for VR5 and VR10. craglorn will be VR10-VR12 only which a majority of the playerbase won't be at for another 6+ months.

so there ya go.

• venatsvenats Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by Siug
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

No it's not very buggy. At least AD areas are not. Of course there are and were problems but haters multiply those with 100. To all haters I can also say that the game is so frigging bad that it's teeming with players. I see them everywhere, even in the remotest places.

The bugs were largely caused by over-stressing their servers or with too many people in one area causing quest scripting issues that could only be fixed by phase-hoping. When people stopped playing, irregardless of what your irrelevant anecdotal "I can see people" evidence may wish to imply or infer, the bugs stopped occurring because the load diminished greatly and scripting fails were being triggered less and less often.

The game is extremely buggy, even now, when too many people try to do something (see: Cyrodil), and the dungeons themselves, which are small, still have a habit of completely breaking for no apparent reason. They haven't actually introduced any patches to this base issue, the fact that its disappearing is NOT a good sign. Problems like these don't magically sort themselves out unless the underlying issue stops being triggered, and in this case that's a BAD sign.

Meanwhile, even with nothing else to do in this game aside from Cyrodil, Cyrodil remains largely empty. No noticeable increases in a month.

• LyrianLyrian Member UncommonPosts: 412
    End game? I can't even bring myself to get past level 31. The only other game that made me feel this apathetic about playing it was guild wars 2.