Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Forum Exploit

Comments

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910
    Originally posted by Ehllfhire
    Originally posted by lizardbones
    Originally posted by Pyatra
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
    ummm are you serious? So you can actually get banned in game for something you posted on forums?

Um... given that it's the same company, yes.   If he dropped the "N" bomb, no one is going to let him anywhere.  Welcome to accountability.

I didnt drop any expletives/slang or anything like that. I made a simple L2P comment, I didnt even use noob.

Aren't you the guy who did something on the forums, and then got banned from the game, but who refused to tell anyone what you actually did on the forums?  Yes, yes you are.

Actually I would have replied had they not closed the thread while I was asleep. I stated what it was here

So you weren't banned from the game, you got a 24 hour suspension for being a troll.  Maybe stuff like this will have people moderating their own behavior a little bit while they're on the forums and in the game.

For instance.  If players report someone for being a troll, and then a moderator reviews the reported posts and agrees, then bans the reported person, then the system is working as expected.  Calling the system an "exploit" could be considered trolling.  As in creating an issue where none actually exists.

I was banned from the game as well as the forums.

For 24 hours.  That's a temporary suspension.  Again, maybe this will be an example to people that they should moderate their behavior, and just because they are on the forums and not in the game doesn't make bad behavior OK.

As far as whether or not you deserved it, since (again) we don't know what you said, how you said it or who you said it to, we have no way to judge the actions, or even if this happened.  For all we know, you are making this all up because you don't like the game or you threatened to kill people because of their race.  It's all left to our imaginations.

I've scrolled back through the thread and you did indeed post that you told someone to "learn to play".  Well, whatever you said was apparently interpreted differently by the forum mods.  A disturbingly cheerful forum mod.

I keep coming back to the idea that people need to learn to moderate their behavior when they are posting in forums.  Especially official game forums.  If people can get temporary suspensions from the forums as well as the game for infractions, maybe they will stop doing the things that cause them to get infractions.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    ummm are you serious? So you can actually get banned in game for something you posted on forums?

Um... given that it's the same company, yes.   If he dropped the "N" bomb, no one is going to let him anywhere.  Welcome to accountability.

I didnt drop any expletives/slang or anything like that. I made a simple L2P comment, I didnt even use noob.

You OPENLY ADMITTED TO CHEATING IN THE GAME!!!!! You got banned on your first offence and complained about it!!!! Sorry, but IMO if you did the crime, do the time and stop whining about it. Good riddance to bad rubbish!

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

Originally posted by Panther2103
    This is almost a daily post for any popular game. People will come here to complain they got banned or suspended from the official forums of the game they were flaming or bashing people on. We didn't see your post, we are going based on what you are telling us, for all we know you could have been one of those BUY THIS PURSE NOW 1$ OR BUY A PASSPORT bots. If you get banned from official forums it's usually your own fault. Telling someone to Learn to Play the game is usually pretty rude, and based on what you are saying I'm sure you didn't just say L2P or something, you probably went into detail about how that person was an asshole or something. No sympathy.

Again READ. Im not bitching about the forum ban on my first infraction. Im talking about the actual game being banned to me. There are threads in the official forums popping up now from people banned 1-3 days by forum moderators from the game itself.  I am not the only one this is happening to

Again, YOU OPENLY ADMITTED TO CHEATING IN THE GAME!!!!! Right here on these forums!!! Sorry, I have no sympathy for people using exploits, cheats, bots, etc., etc. I have no use for you.

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844

So if i post something nice and cool on their forums? do i get free game time ?

i like it if it works both ways.

They started this,so do they just want to ban people and not reward them ?

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Originally posted by CrazKanuk

You OPENLY ADMITTED TO CHEATING IN THE GAME!!!!! You got banned on your first offence and complained about it!!!! Sorry, but IMO if you did the crime, do the time and stop whining about it. Good riddance to bad rubbish!

Um where did I admit to cheating? I admitted to making a L2P statement on the forums. Assume much?

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    So he was banned or suspended in the game for something he admits to doing...then goes to the official forum and acts up and get banned or suspended again....yeah you have a track record.
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by Velocinox

24 hour ban for making their forums toxic?

SPOT ON!  Way to go Zenimax!

Question is, are you going to make this forum toxic, also?

Yeah telling someone that they should 'learn to play' should really result in a 24 hour ban!

Are you serious? 

I certainly hope not, if so you seriously have some very strange ideas of justice, the punishment should fit the crime.

Originally posted by Horusra
    So he was banned or suspended in the game for something he admits to doing...then goes to the official forum and acts up and get banned or suspended again....yeah you have a track record.

You have me confused I DIDNT BREAK ANY IN GAME RULE. I DID NOT GO TO THE FORUMS AND BRAG ABOUT CHEATING. I GOT REPORTED FOR MAKING A L2P STATEMENT ON THE FORUMS. THAT IS ALL.

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

You have me confused I DIDNT BREAK ANY IN GAME RULE. I DID NOT GO TO THE FORUMS AND BRAG ABOUT CHEATING. I GOT REPORTED FOR MAKING A L2P STATEMENT ON THE FORUMS. THAT IS ALL.

Where do these people get that you said you were cheating?

This is insane... people are coming out of the woodwork with strange stories that don't relate to OP at all...

Originally posted by Laughing-man

Where do these people get that you said you were cheating?

This is insane... people are coming out of the woodwork with strange stories that don't relate to OP at all...

Hell, Im not even claiming innocence, I shouldnt have wrote it. Im just saying for a first forum infraction (amongst 500+ posts I might add, if you want proof mail me and Ill give you my forum name to see all my posts) an in game ban is WAY overboard.

PS3

Yeah telling someone that they should 'learn to play' should really result in a 24 hour ban!

Are you serious? 

I certainly hope not, if so you seriously have some very strange ideas of justice, the punishment should fit the crime.

I feel like I need to point out, we really have no idea what actually happened, or if anything has happened at all.  We don't know what they posted, what they did in the game, or if they did anything at all.  They could be understating what they did, overstating what they did or this could all be an elaborate fantasy.

The bottom line is that Zenimax owns the game.  If they have expectations for player behavior on the forums as well as in the game, then the players need to realize this and act accordingly.  Temporary suspensions are a good way to get the point across.  For some reason on the internet, people just don't want to moderate their behavior, so instead of pointing at the rules, moderators have to point at consequences.

Are you serious? 

I feel like I need to point out, we really have no idea what actually happened, or if anything has happened at all.  We don't know what they posted, what they did in the game, or if they did anything at all.  They could be understating what they did, overstating what they did or this could all be an elaborate fantasy.

The bottom line is that Zenimax owns the game.  If they have expectations for player behavior on the forums as well as in the game, then the players need to realize this and act accordingly.  Temporary suspensions are a good way to get the point across.  For some reason on the internet, people just don't want to moderate their behavior, so instead of pointing at the rules, moderators have to point at consequences.

So you are cool with a system that can be abused if you make a comment that is not popular? If say you made a statement the majority opposed and they reported you, you would be OK with an In game suspension?

PS3

• Kayo45Kayo45 Member Posts: 293
    lol, that happens in this forum too. It really depends whether or not the accuser is a whiny B who gets offended by anything and whether or not the mods are having a good day. With all the b/s going on in that game I cant imagine anyone there having a good day...

Are you serious? 

So you are cool with a system that can be abused if you make a comment that is not popular? If say you made a statement the majority opposed and they reported you, you would be OK with an In game suspension?

You haven't shown that the system was abused or even can be abused.

The only thing we know for sure is that it is possible for people to get temporary account suspensions of varying times for infractions of behavior on Zenimax's forums.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    ESO Forums are fundamentally gutter trash. A cluster bomb of German, French and English all mixed in together.  Why would anybody want to participate in that garbage?  It's a total mess.  Don't go back.  Lesson learned.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OH!!! SORRY!!!! Lol.

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

• dbgagerdbgager Member UncommonPosts: 175

I do not believe they banned him from the game for something he said in the forums....This guy is just trolling. No way that happened. Lets see a screen shot of your ban since it is an email obviously..Just black out an indentifyng text in the email. Most likely he was banned for using exploits or breaking the rules in the game..They have already indicated that they are going to start using the ban hammer for anything that looks against the rules.

• chronoss2015chronoss2015 Member UncommonPosts: 217

well some guy with dsadsa(not sure of last 3 letters) was teleporting aorund mining everythign in site it was sickening....

how can you help fellow guild people or yourself when that shit goes on....

im seriously considering NOT resubing myself

the cheating going on is sick i got so pissed off i went to where these bots were took a distintegrate skill and sat there trying to kill everything so those pricks dont get shit , i then get tossed myself out of my guild for doing that cause thats exploiting or some shit

FUCK ME this games screwed

no really

bots and the morons running guilds are fucked.

and im a honest guy i resell loot very cheap have literally almost all the time no gold....and ya know what there are tons like me saying why would i pay 70$ for this wonderful game to get screwed paying 15 a month to get shafted by cheaters.

I FEEL like organizing 5000 poeple to stand at each of these miones and wood things and farm them  and give all the stuff away as free as possible....just to screw these jerks up....but that would be cheating....what to do...

Originally posted by FlyByKnight
    ESO Forums are fundamentally gutter trash. A cluster bomb of German, French and English all mixed in together.  Why would anybody want to participate in that garbage?  It's a total mess.  Don't go back.  Lesson learned.

Im never going back. Any system where a post you make can equate a game ban because someone disagrees or dislikes you is a bad system.

PS3

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    So this guy just made two threads about his being banned...interesting.
  • RandomCasualtyRandomCasualty Member UncommonPosts: 327

I had to Google what L2P meant lol image

So now that I have learned one thing today, can I go home from work?

Im never going back. Any system where a post you make can equate a game ban because someone disagrees or dislikes you is a bad system.

Show us some proof otherwise your just blowing smoke ..and being a trouble maker.  And believe me your convincing very few people if anyone at all.

Originally posted by dbgager

Show us some proof otherwise your just blowing smoke ..and being a trouble maker.  And believe me your convincing very few people if anyone at all.

I already copied over the email of the ban. If you wont believe that than you wont believe whatever  I show you.

PS3

Originally posted by dbgager

I already copied over the email of the ban. If you wont believe that than you wont believe whatever  I show you.

lol..I missed that.Your complaining about a 24 hour ban...I thought it was permanent...Behave yourself in the future...and stop having a tantrum... L2P is flaming. Follow the rules.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    Originally posted by xenom

well who cares for forum bans after being not nice...you are here crying about your ban so i guess it's working ? :P

You should actually read the post. Its NOT A FORUM BAN BUT A GAME BAN.

You ran afoul of this clause:

Engage in disruptive behavior in chat areas, game areas, forums, or any other area or aspect of the Services.  Examples of disruptive behavior include, but is not limited to, conduct which interferes with the normal flow of gameplay or dialogue within a Service, vulgar language, abusiveness, hitting the return key repeatedly or inputting large images so the screen goes by too fast to read, use of excessive shouting [all caps] in an attempt to disturb other users, "spamming" or flooding [posting repetitive text], commercial postings, solicitations and advertisements, posting advertising or promotional messaging, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or other commercial activities.

Apparently someone there considers the term L2P to be abusive.  Can't think of a circumstance where it wouldn't be.  Granted, not an f-bomb, but still in violation of the TOS, clearly.

Now, as to the punishment, harsh, but also within the TOS.

Except as prohibited by applicable law, ZeniMax has the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, restrict, suspend, or terminate Your access to the Services.

Note the plural, they mean any and all services, the forums, the game itself, the account management page or even the main website if desired.

This from above:  This has resulted in a 24hour suspension for your full account.

In future, please take care to check you're being polite and respectful when interacting with your fellow forum users.

So they weren't kidding, it is really your full account, which is all tied into one both forums and in game, so it makes sense, banned from one, banned from all.

Note their 2nd line, about being polite and respectful.  L2P is neither, so your ban was deserved, and their punishment while perhaps novel, certainly will encourage you to take care with your words.

Or not visit the forums, or even quit the game which is your right.

Me, I avoid official forums because I can't help but put my foot in my mouth, here when I get a temp ban it has no effect on my gameplay.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon