Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2.1. Million Characters over lvl 10 - esostats addon

13»

Comments

• KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103
    In order to get these stats, someone would have to be in every single phase of the gameworld.   I would like to know how this add-on gets into every single phase of the gameworld to find out this information, or has it just been setup in main towns collecting the numbers of people and unique names that pass through it?
  • ShephardShephard Member Posts: 69
    Originally posted by DEAD.line
    Originally posted by Shephard
    Originally posted by gervaise1
    Originally posted by Shaigh
    The number presented is a score, and not population. Active population is shown as three bars, or a lock if its full.

+1

As has been said the little bars indicate population with a full campaign being about 2,000 characters.

Currently there are 20 campaigns - 10 EU, 10 US - of which 3 factions out of 60 are currently locked (sure there were more locked).

Based on this all you can say is - assuming 1 character per person - that the minimum population is about 3 x 660 = 2,000 up to 20 x 2,000 = 40,000. And its not 40,000 of course because not all PvP campaigns are full.

If you were to assume that 1, 2 or 3 bars represent 25%, 50% and 75% and locked at 100% you could make a "better" estimate but why bother. We have no idea what the PvE to PvP ratio is.

That is faulty math, because GW2 sold 3.5 million copies and it has less "campaigns" than ESO has.  And even in GW2's case most of the "campaigns" are empty.  Concurrency is not the same as overall population.

GW2's "campaigns" were mostly full at launch. I remember tons of players saying how they had long queues for more than half an hour. There were less, yes, but it lasted for atleast 1 month.

GW2 was set up differently, it was 4 separate maps all with their own queue times.  If you went to the Eternal Battlegrounds you had queues as the cap per map was about 240 players.  On the other maps you rarely had queues on most servers, maybe on T1/T2 servers.

• KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103
    Originally posted by Shaigh
    The number presented is a score, and not population. Active population is shown as three bars, or a lock if its full.

+1

As has been said the little bars indicate population with a full campaign being about 2,000 characters.

Currently there are 20 campaigns - 10 EU, 10 US - of which 3 factions out of 60 are currently locked (sure there were more locked).

Based on this all you can say is - assuming 1 character per person - that the minimum population is about 3 x 660 = 2,000 up to 20 x 2,000 = 40,000. And its not 40,000 of course because not all PvP campaigns are full.

If you were to assume that 1, 2 or 3 bars represent 25%, 50% and 75% and locked at 100% you could make a "better" estimate but why bother. We have no idea what the PvE to PvP ratio is.

That is faulty math, because GW2 sold 3.5 million copies and it has less "campaigns" than ESO has.  And even in GW2's case most of the "campaigns" are empty.  Concurrency is not the same as overall population.

No.

There are 20 campaigns - check. Each campaign holds 1,500 or 1,800 or 2,000 people - check. Not concurrently - absolutely. So 20 x 2,000 say is 40,000 max. And only 3 factions out of 60 are locked so a - somewhat stupid minimum - would be 660! 

As I said however we have no idea how many people only do PvE - the game could have sold 3.5M and we wouldn't know based on the information.

What we do know is that points are not characters!

I haven't looked at this, but this would mean PVP is the least popular feature of ESO.   Meaning this game is going PVE!   Which then means, they are going to pander to the PVE people in this game,  I'm loving it!

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    LOL sounds like BS to me, but if we are counting I have 5 above level 10 and the wife has 4 above level 10.
    Originally posted by Knotwood

I haven't looked at this, but this would mean PVP is the least popular feature of ESO.   Meaning this game is going PVE!   Which then means, they are going to pander to the PVE people in this game,  I'm loving it!

That isn't rocket science.  It was not popular in GW2 it isn't going to be popular in this game.  The casual crowd prefers PvE and small scale PvP.

• ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594

GW2 was set up differently, it was 4 separate maps all with their own queue times.  If you went to the Eternal Battlegrounds you had queues as the cap per map was about 240 players.  On the other maps you rarely had queues on most servers, maybe on T1/T2 servers.

Well, Blackgate has at least 5 million people on it. (Or so it looks like when you look down on them from your puny keep wall)

Originally posted by ButeoRegalis

Well, Blackgate has at least 5 million people on it. (Or so it looks like when you look down on them from your puny keep wall)

I played on GoM.  But if you ask Commanders for /info they can tell you the map cap for each faction per map was anywhere from 80 players to 100 players.

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    Originally posted by ButeoRegalis

I played on GoM.  But if you ask Commanders for /info they can tell you the map cap for each faction per map was anywhere from 80 players to 100 players.

ANet said what are caps/map, and you not knowing that but still discussing it tells more about you than anything else (and not knowing at all how commander /info actually works)

And, just to update you on it, theres still queues on all maps in upper SILVER league (providing you actually know what silver league is considering your knowledge about other stuff)