Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can only use 5 skills at a time

13»

Comments

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    Originally posted by Vannor
    Originally posted by dbgager
    What??? Only 5 buttons on the ability bar. Don't understand why they implemented this.

I dunno.. on console Skyrim has.. 2? Including consumables. Plus, you need to bind weapon swaps to these.

On PC Skyrim has.. 8.. possible key binds. Including consumables. Plus, you need to bind weapon swaps to these. 9 if you include the shout.

Oh.. and ESO has 6 (not 5), per weapon swap.. totalling 12. Weapon swap does not take up at a hotkey.

ESO has 7 per weapon swap, if you include the consumables.. totalling 14. Weapon swap does not take up a hotkey.

Conclusion? Most hotkeys of any elder scrolls game.. ever.

i agree with the above quote !

although i dont like the game and my beta/promo/demo experience was bad , its skill system is awesome and i like it, and in general i like this trend around 10 skills and not 4323443254 little icons in front of your screen ...

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378
    Originally posted by Archlyte

Yeah. That's what it's about. Stare at cooldowns. Oh and I see you managed to include a mention of "Not Deep because of buttons."

I also like how you gave me (very generous) 18 actions, but they have to be off screen choices made with mouse buttons, a kick pedal, and I guess you could even put an ability in that fires when you hit the switch on your power supply.

That's the majority of what I did in games like WoW.  Adding macros to the game doesn't make it any deeper and slightly reduces the cooldown-stare.  

I said more buttons != more depth.  That is not the same as saying more buttons = less depth.

I equate WoW controls to QWOP.  All of those buttons are required to get through combat and you have to focus on your many buttons instead of the action.  ESO gives the player natural-feeling controls and doesn't force you to press 40 buttons to kill an enemy, which leads to you focusing on the action instead of your interface.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    It's funny seeing some people defend ESO, by listing all the other things, besides the 5 skills... when people were bashing GW2 over the same thing.
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    not going to lie. would have liked 10 skills and some class skill mechanics like GW2 does.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design