Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nice game but...

ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

I just didn't miss it. I had a busy weekend like most people. I worked, enjoyed easter with the family but you know what ? I just didn't miss playing it. I was a little hyped about the game after learning more about it. The questing was fine and it was alright.  I think that is my problem with most mmos that release today. I get a little hope in me thinking it is going to be great but after playing any mmo I just don't feel the need to log back into the game.

I think for me personally unless Blizzard comes out with something special in regards to mmos my time playing mmos are done. I find myself more intrigued in single player games and non mmos such as The Division, Star Citizen and Destiny. Looking forward to single player games like Dragon Age Inquisition, The new Mass Effect, Watch Dogs and a host of others rpg and fps games but when it comes to mmos the desire is just not there as it once was. I think Wild Star is a nice little flash in the pan and hope all who plan on playing it enjoy the heck out of it.  Anyone else feel this way ?

Comments

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by ThomasN7

I just didn't miss it. I had a busy weekend like most people. I worked, enjoyed easter with the family but you know what ? I just didn't miss playing it. I was a little hyped about the game after learning more about it. The questing was fine and it was alright.  I think that is my problem with most mmos that release today. I get a little hope in me thinking it is going to be great but after playing any mmo I just don't feel the need to log back into the game.

I think for me personally unless Blizzard comes out with something special in regards to mmos my time playing mmos are done. I find myself more intrigued in single player games and non mmos such as The Division, Star Citizen and Destiny. Looking forward to single player games like Dragon Age Inquisition, The new Mass Effect, Watch Dogs and a host of others rpg and fps games but when it comes to mmos the desire is just not there as it once was. I think Wild Star is a nice little flash in the pan and hope all who plan on playing it enjoy the heck out of it.  Anyone else feel this way ?

For years now...

I was really looking forward top 2014 and thought having 2 new sub based game (eso and ws) would bring some much needed shake-up to a bad and oversaturated market. Doesnt look that way, huh?

Yes- I am done with MMORRPGs as well (that said- I have 'been done' for awhile) ad have my hopes on more multiplayer (or smaller scale) games. 

The single player RPGs are getting better and better after about a decade of pop-a-mole bullshit and this is being handles on the indie front. I just dont see MMOrpgs doing anything but becoming more streamlined, mainstream and further from their roots.

The genre is now a button mashing action genre single player mode with other people running around in the background.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

WildStar is really fun, but it just didn't grab me the way ESO, WoW, DAoC, etc. did when they released. I love the style, story, etc. My biggest turn off was the combat itself felt lacking and loose and I get a headache if I play it longer than about an hour or two. I'm not sure what causes the headaches but according to the Carbine forums I'm not the only one with that problem.

I'll probably try it a few months after release to see if the combat/ headache issues are fixed, but I feel very much the same as you do OP. I just didn't find myself missing it after beta weekend was over and I can't quite put my finger on it.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by Aeonblades

WildStar is really fun, but it just didn't grab me the way ESO, WoW, DAoC, etc. did when they released. I love the style, story, etc. My biggest turn off was the combat itself felt lacking and loose and I get a headache if I play it longer than about an hour or two. I'm not sure what causes the headaches but according to the Carbine forums I'm not the only one with that problem.

I'll probably try it a few months after release to see if the combat/ headache issues are fixed, but I feel very much the same as you do OP. I just didn't find myself missing it after beta weekend was over and I can't quite put my finger on it.

I pretty much concur totally.

I WISH ESO would have grabbed me though- Between the two betas I thought ESO was better but still didnt like it. I didnt get headaches but got a weird vertigo and I wasnt impressed with the combat either.

I too will be checking this out at a later time as well and hope that my initial experience was wrong.

• handlewithcarehandlewithcare Member Posts: 322

I am enjoying ESO but dark souls 2 I think is going to be the game to watch this year cant wait,buing the box with extra goodies and the soundtrack is fantastic.

I almost sound like a metrosexual,goodies and fantastic.

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    I tried the closed beta this past weekend myself for about 10 or so hours playing various classes and paths. I generally like a few things about most MMO's. I have to say though WIldstar at least for me brings in all the small things I have wanted in an MMO for a while, so I am happy to say I am going to stick with this until maybe EQN from the looks of it. ESO for me was a big disappointment.
  • fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240
    Originally posted by Aeonblades

Agreed. The combat is pretty 'meh' but it's something I can deal with.

The strange headaches I got in beta I attributed to the annoying ass version watermark they had plastered on the screen, but that wasn't it either. There is something with the graphics that just bugs my head. And I have played pretty much every PC/Console game worth playing the last few years and nothing has caused this aside from WildStar. Hopefully its something they can pin down and fix.

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• GrummusGrummus Member UncommonPosts: 151

KMLG-24BV-JY6Z-2KUC-5Z2W

KXJJ-M8DF-DYLT-2SAN-D4XG

SHPX-88W5-D3D4-88HX-XE29

M48H-ASBZ-XY8T-JGTL-JHAJ

QR2M-9YTS-TSAB-7G8B-A58J

SA72-JYT9-YFTP-CQFR-ZZ4M

EUROPEAN servers only.