Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Angry Joe Show 5/10

Comments

• nightbird305nightbird305 Member UncommonPosts: 272
    Originally posted by SuperNick
    Originally posted by cheyane
    Angry Joe has 1,404,750 subscribers. That video has almost 70 k views. you guys really think he is irrelevant. I tell you if Gamespot pans this too this game will have difficulty going forward. Reviews matter .I read reviews when I buy things I read reviews and I compare reviews for phones, afghan hooks, books and so on. People do rely on them. Those of you who dismiss him well more power to you I guess.

Hold the press, 70 THOUSAND VIEWS!?@"

Well, that definitely represents the entirety of the ESO community.

Or perhaps the majority who don't like the game and were never playing it in the first place.

Because, hey, people who like games don't watch unaccomplished nobodies vent their biased opinion on a genre they dislike.

Well the number of views is still rising as it was only recently uploaded. It's at about 90k now, and on average his reviews get about a million views.

As I mentioned earlier, disagree or agree this is still just one guy's opinion. No need to be so defensive about it.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Vapors
    Originally posted by DEAD.line

Joe clearly forgot the reason why mounts are so expensive and golds drops are so low:

Or maybe he didn't know about it.

Mounts are expensive? I guess everyone can afford a mount at level 20 or atleast 25. It toogles down the speed of leveling and exploring for lower levels. and yes everyone who bought this horse with euros levels faster... but we dont live in the world of jelousy, do we?:)

No, we live in a world where a good portion of the population views xp boosts in F2P games as P2W because it helps you level faster. What then is ESO?

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by Siug

I don't care about 5/10 rating (although I rate it much higher) but I bloody hate that Angry Joke and that his opinion is presented like something important. Imo he is a complete joke and also played only 1-2 MMOs (GW2 and probably ESO now).

Yes... Only GW2 and ESO..

... aside from Dragon's Prophet, Wildstar, DCUO, WoW ....

Yeah... totally only 2 MMOs, though. Great job fact-checking your info before posting it.

Seriously, though...

The pertinent question is, what does that matter? It's a game. He played ESO, and he reviewed ESO based on its own merits and his own experiences with it.

Why should how many MMOs he's played have anything to do with it?

Oh, oh... right..

Because, just as lifeordinary illustrates in post #4 on this thread, fans will immediately swoop in and think of any way they can to dismiss or discredit AJ's review (such as pointing out how many MMOs he's played), while taking some personal swipes at him in the process, because he dared to criticize "their game". 

So predictably intolerant. "What? Someone gave a MMO I like a low rating?! Burn them at the stake!".. and out come the pitchforks and ad-hominems.

I'd love to see what the response would have been if he'd come out praising it, as he did GW2. Guaranteed, it would be the complete opposite.

The replies would have been more like this: "I've never heard of this Angry Joe guy, but I respect his opinion! He's just earned another subscriber!", "He's only played 2 MMOs, and probably isn't as jaded many people, so his views are more accurate"... and so on. Guaranteed.

• NecropsieNecropsie Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Originally posted by Crusades
    Well this certainly brings some credibility to Angry Joe.

Oh yes. I, for one, subscribed to his channel. Very nice review. Especially the "immersion" part.

And 5/10 is still a high score in my opinion.

Stages of a new mmo: 1) It's just beta. It still has plenty of time before release. 2) It just launched. Give it time. WoW wasn't built in a day. 3) We don't need you anyway. 4) F2P announced. 5)Huge influx of players. 6) Look how much has changed. 7) Cash shop is the only thing developed lately. 8) It has been a long journey and we thank everyone who was part of it. Shutting down in 3 months. (Courtesy of Robokapp.)

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

To put thing into perspective:

Angry Joe gave GW2 a perfect 10 (legendary!)

Witcher 2 got an 8.

Dragon Age 2 got a 7!!!  Say what you will about ESO, it's easily miles better than the travesty that was DA2. On top of that, how does Witcher 2 only get a single point higher than DA2? Really, they're not even on the same planet.

Has he really only reviewed 2 MMO's? Does this guy even play MMO's?

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646

Joe clearly forgot the reason why mounts are so expensive and golds drops are so low:

Mounts are expensive? I guess everyone can afford a mount at level 20 or atleast 25. It toogles down the speed of leveling and exploring for lower levels. and yes everyone who bought this horse with euros levels faster... but we dont live in the world of jelousy, do we?:)

LVL 33 here with 22K gold. 17.K is what the cheapest Horse costs. So if i buy the horse i am not left with much considering how much all the guild stores in my 5 guilds are saturated with same items. Anything hardly sells anymore. And 5K isn't enough at my level with high costs of repair.

So what am i doing wrong here if it is 'so easy' to get a horse at lvl 20?

Unless you are getting very lucky on motifs i don't see that happening.

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503

The biggest problem with this whole thing is no one should go off of anyone else's opinion!  That's it.  People should play and game or read up on a game and its development.  Not go trolling other peoples opinions about stuff. 

If you have never played the game or if you have not played at least a good bit of a game I would say a week or two with a good amount of playing time your opinion is probably bias.

Go play games and enjoy yourselves and stop whining about every little issue a game has.  If you don't like it then don't play it, if you do like it play it pretty simple.  Games are suppose to be about having fun and enjoying yourself not looking for what you kind find wrong with them. 

Lastly if you ever compare one game to another you should just stop right there.  Rate a game on it's own performance not how you hold it up to something else.

• LordZeikLordZeik Member UncommonPosts: 276
    You guys take angry joe way too seriously. He changes his mind on a whim. Guy is a bit out there. If you look at his earlier review of ESO he stated he'd never buy the game. Then he played pvp and was a complete 180 of the previous video. You guys would have better luck letting  Mel Gibson review this game.
    Originally posted by Rusque

Witcher 2 got an 8.

Dragon Age 2 got a 7!!!  Say what you will about ESO, it's easily miles better than the travesty that was DA2. On top of that, how does Witcher 2 only get a single point higher than DA2? Really, they're not even on the same planet.

Those are his opinions/ratings for those games, based on his own preferences and experiences. He has his opinions. Just like you have yours. Just like any other reviewer or random person playing games. The only difference is, he decided to create a channel on YT where he can discuss and share his thoughts (with various skits, etc) about them. 

Say what you will about his opinions on those games, but they're every bit as valid as yours, whether you agree with them or not.

Did you take a moment to Google it and find that answer for yourself? Or is your intent to leave that there as an open question, with the implied (and preferred) answer being, "Yes, he has only reviewed 2 MMOs", in order to help discredit his opinions about ESO in particular?

• XssivXssiv Member UncommonPosts: 359

It's obviously an opinion but he definitely played through a lot of the game and does back up most of his gripes with video proof which really can't be disputed.  

• nightbird305nightbird305 Member UncommonPosts: 272

Witcher 2 got an 8.

Watch http://youtu.be/Ax-_06Acj8Y?t=27m40s he explains not only his 10/10 for GW2 but how you should view his review scores in general.

I could mention again that this is one guys opinion, and it may not be the same as yours, but that horse has been beaten to death.

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Originally posted by lifeordinary

PC gamer gave it 5/10 too.

I don't have an opinion on the game either way since I haven't tried it yet. But I wanted to point out the fact that PC Gamer doesn't even use a x/10 rating system. And if they did, their actual rating of 68, see http://www.pcgamer.com/review/the-elder-scrolls-online-review/ would be closer to 7/10.

• maxjammaxjam Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Originally posted by k61977

The biggest problem with this whole thing is no one should go off of anyone else's opinion!  That's it.  People should play and game or read up on a game and its development.  Not go trolling other peoples opinions about stuff. 

In an ideal world that would be very true, but when we're being charged $50-$70 (and a subscription to continue playing)  I'm gonna read reviews and listen to opinions.

I personally don't particularly like the way Angry Joe comes across - its probably just an online persona he's created to stand out from the crowd, but he usually gives out some fairly good reviews imo.  

I tried the ESO beta and tbh think he (and a number of other 5/10 / 6/10 reviews I've read) is pretty spot on. Of course thats just my opinion, feel free to ignore it, I'm sure I enjoy other games that you don't  :P 

• CanibalolerCanibaloler Member UncommonPosts: 136

This game is even worst.  Save your money guys.

-_-

Originally posted by LordZeik
    You guys take angry joe way too seriously. He changes his mind on a whim. Guy is a bit out there. If you look at his earlier review of ESO he stated he'd never buy the game. Then he played pvp and was a complete 180 of the previous video. You guys would have better luck letting  Mel Gibson review this game.

As I recall..

He was very "meh" about the PvE and wasn't  that interested.

He loved the PvP and it got him a bit more excited for the game.

His overall impression of the game changed over time - just like many, many, many others' do. You know, there's that whole honeymoon period where the game is fresh and new and exciting. Then that newness wears off and everything becomes familiar and routine... which is the point at which someone's "final" impression of it is reached.

He gave his score based on his entire experience, overall, and to him it's a 5/5.

Seems normal and completely acceptable to me.

Amazing how you people just keep trying to discredit the guy's opinions, though. Someone plays the game, finds it's overall pretty "meh", and y'all tear into them like vultures. 

• DEAD.lineDEAD.line Member Posts: 424

So to get an entry level mount, i have to get half way to the leveling experience? That's just stupid. In beta, i got to around 9k gold in the starter islands. The first horse is 17k, if i'm not mistaken. 

As Joe says, it really is "F2P tactic". Now, if they buffed the gold from drops, chests, etc, and made it easier in the release version, that's great, and i take it back. But otherwise, it's obviously a way to get people to pay.

Gold is hard to get, first mount costs alot of money, allow players to buy it with irl cash. Considering ESO already as a box and sub fee, that's pretty milky IMO.

The only other "milking tactic" i hate more is allowing players to play in any faction by onyl pre-ordering. This is second in my book. 

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by Caldrin
    This guys reviews are usually pretty spot on.. this one is as well..

Translation: His view of the game is same as mine so its "spot on"

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Can't take the loser serious.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

So to get an entry level mount, i have to get half way to the leveling experience?

In most mmos you dont even have the option to buy a mount until around 15+. At least in this you can ride one as soon as you start.  Dont blame anyone if you personally cant figure out how to get the money and buy it because I have seen plenty of people who bought it before even level 10, and I mean the normal horses not imperial ones.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Have not found many "reviewers" on youtube that do not just ride the current wave on products or games so that people will watch them to feel reinforced.
  • DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Betaguy
    Can't take the loser serious.

Define loser because objectively he is anything but (living any gamer's dream).

Also to the guy above you: Spot on means spot on, aligns with objective opinions of the game which pretty much state the game launched as a steaming pile of sun warmed garbage (ratio of quality to money spent getting into the game).

• OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874
    Originally posted by maxjam

I personally don't particularly like the way Angry Joe comes across - its probably just an online persona he's created to stand out from the crowd, but he usually gives out some fairly good reviews imo.  

You can watch him stream on Twitch, where Youtubers are more down to earth, and no it's not an online persona. Most of the clips from his ESO review are taken straight from his stream and he does get angry on the fly like he does on camera. 

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Originally posted by nightbird305

Witcher 2 got an 8.

Watch http://youtu.be/Ax-_06Acj8Y?t=27m40s he explains not only his 10/10 for GW2 but how you should view his review scores in general.

I could mention again that this is one guys opinion, and it may not be the same as yours, but that horse has been beaten to death.

Okay, his opinion is "just one guys opinion" and so is mine. So if that's how you feel about it, why did you make this thread if his opinion is just as valid as mine?

So did you cry in early wow when it was not till much later you could afford horses..or is it just keeping up with the jones you are troubled by?
    A reviewer that waits to see how others feel and then just voices that feeling is not a great reviewer.
This discussion has been closed.