Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Angry Joe Show 5/10

Comments

• alexhpy98721alexhpy98721 Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Originally posted by xion12121
    Originally posted by LordZeik
    You guys take angry joe way too seriously. He changes his mind on a whim. Guy is a bit out there. If you look at his earlier review of ESO he stated he'd never buy the game. Then he played pvp and was a complete 180 of the previous video. You guys would have better luck letting  Mel Gibson review this game.

no kidding did you see angry Joes review before launch, he praised the pvp like it was the bomb. Then he turns around and gives it a 7/10 talk about flip flopping. 

Like many of us, he was fooled by their advertising. ZENIMAX did everything possible to hide the bugs and pretend everything is fine.

But as a MMO fan and an ESO player(yes i fell for the hype) i can say he is right in every aspect. 

SWTOR gave out a free month to people and it was in a better shape(no bots camping every boss, not so many broken quests, no charging your CC, most things worked bla bla) we`ll see if they do it too if not its clearly a cash grab and they don`t care about their customers.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Although I can agree with many points in the review, I find the review itself horrible. Way too much showboating and bad humour same old same old.

Think i'll give Angry Joe a 4/10 on this one. It was like watching paint dry.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by jircris
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    Originally posted by jircris
    hmm games out for 3 weeks...it has bugs thus is sucks? intresting i guess i been doing this wrong..you know giving mmos a couple months before saying they suck. oh well i learned something new! but back on topic, AJ's reviews are usually pointless and the ones who comment about how spot on he is are people who tend to follow him on YT. I have nothing against him or anyone else who writes reviews, but honestly give the game some time to get fixed. Don't make me bring up WoWs launch...and if you claim there was not THIS many issues for WoW...let me remind you for the first week not many people could log on due to crashing right as it was loading. Then there was dupeing that lasted 3 months, and also account security issues.. OH and gold sellers...lots of em....in fact i saw one on there a few days ago.

No! I'm not going to pay them while they get their shit together. They can get their shit together 1st. Then I'll pay them.

Besides, the damage is done. MMOs usually have a critical window to get their 1st content patch out to catch the 1st wave of sub renewals. I don't think they will hit that and will probably suffer a larger drop in Subs than they might otherwise have.

This game should never have been released in the state it is currently in.

as for WoW? WoW was lauchned 10 years ago......Can we at least make our comparisons from within the same decade? One should expect ZM to have picked up on a thing or two in that time.

the reason i used WoW is because it is (was to some) the biggest mmo out there. As for not wanting to pay ZO then dont..simply stop playing shut the fuck up and wait for a few months before trying again. As for them releasing it they did not have much of an option. they have a time window in which to get the games out and PC version was not even an idea until 1/2 through. they are using pc as a way to get some of the bad bugs ironed out for the XB1 and PS4 launches. as for the age of an mmo..i remember a few older ones that had a great launch with little to no bugs. but that was 15+ years ago so I'm sure you don't want to hear about it. 

Well, you are right, I don't want to hear about launches 15 years ago. I imagine I'm not the only one either. Because since WoW, there have been several decent launches, so it can be done. The fact that it's not the case here, just means they didn't learn anything since then.

Besides, Blizzard and WoW have nothing what so ever, to do with ZM launching ESO.

This game wasn't ready. Simple as that. It should not have been released. Everything you said was ZM's problem not mine, not yours, not anyone else's. But ZM pushed their problem on you by selling you an unfinished product.

• Covet78Covet78 Member UncommonPosts: 149
    Originally posted by thark

Second of all..

Hes has all these  addons, show xp, show map, etc etc..What that tells me of him is that hes far to much in a hurry to just level than actually enjoying the game for what it is..

A less then stellar single player experience that costs $15 a month?

• LookwhostalkingLookwhostalking Member Posts: 63
    Almost 400k views in a day, lol!!!
  • GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Why do you people still insist on posting anything against ESO? Who cares what Joe posts any more...he's just like anyone else.

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    Originally posted by Gestankfaust
    Why do you people still insist on posting anything against ESO? Who cares what Joe posts any more...he's just like anyone else.

No problem, did you catch the part where he walked in on a mini-boss (spider) to complete his quest and the campers had twenty or so of the spiders on the ground waiting for the next one? Pathetic, how much worse can it get in terms of sucking the immersion right out of the game?

Sry to say, but a guy with 400k views in a day for a single review isnt just like anyone else. Maybe his opinion is not important to you or me, but for his 1.5m subscribers matters a lot. So he is not a guy like me or you for example.

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646
    Originally posted by Panzerbase

No problem, did you catch the part where he walked in on a mini-boss (spider) to complete his quest and the campers had twenty or so of the spiders on the ground waiting for the next one? Pathetic, how much worse can it get in terms of sucking the immersion right out of the game?

Yeah that really kills it. But for people who don't give a rats ass about immersion and look at quests like another hurdle to come over won't have any problem with this. They just want to get done with it and move on to next task at hand. majority don't care for immersion sadly.

• Saio3Saio3 Member UncommonPosts: 88

Totally agree with you. If I made a video right now I could beat those 400k views and 20k likes in half the day.  /sarcasm.

So if he's like anyone else... where are your 500+ videos about videogames posted? Where is your 500+ px gaming  community?

And why do people insist on posting their opinions against ESO? really? I could ask why do people insist in defending the game. Which I won't cause is a moot question...

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    I am so glad I decided to wait on ESO. Might try it once it goes F2p

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• Arche_AgeArche_Age Member Posts: 11
    So F2P inbound? 
  • FullishFullish Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Originally posted by Ramanadjinn
    Originally posted by nttajira

many of them take usualy more time trashing mmorpg they have not like .... that play them.

im a MMORPGHT

hater crasher at the end !!

Honestly though, that is like 50% of what this hobby is all about.

MMORPGs aren't about having fun.  They are about always chasing that dream that someday a game will launch that isn't total crap.

Every new title promises to be that game and for a while some of us believe maybe it is.  Eventually though reality hits and we crash to find ourselves hating yet another MMOturd.  Dejected and frustrated, with nothing to do because we don't have a game we like to play, we turn to forums, social media, and youtube to let everyone know exactly how we feel and why in some sort of vain attempt at effecting change so next time, on the next game, the developers will finally get it right.

That is what being an MMORPG enthusiast is really all about imo.

Touchê 

Originally posted by jpnz
    I am so glad I decided to wait on ESO. Might try it once it goes F2p

You are not the only one.

• Bluefear77Bluefear77 Member UncommonPosts: 112

I watched the review and felt like it was a poor review.

The complaints he was making were pretty shallow, filled with unreal expectations, and were only temporary problems. There aren't any games out on the market which would hold up to the standards which he is holding ESO. So why is he holding ESO to this unfair standard? He kept saying, "why play this game when other games do it better." What games is he referring to? I don't know of any. For example, when he said the PVP in ESO is the same/similar to the PVP in DaoC. The graphics for DaoC are unbearable--yes, the pvp was good, but the game is dated now, so really it is such a poor comparison.

My biggest fear is Zenimax panics and changes the game. I believe if they have the fortitude to stand by their product the game will add subscriptions steadily over the next year (as long as the updates continue).   

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    Originally posted by Bluefear77

I watched the review and felt like it was a poor review.

The complaints he was making were pretty shallow, filled with unreal expectations, and were only temporary problems. There aren't any games out on the market which would hold up to the standards which he is holding ESO. So why is he holding ESO to this unfair standard? He kept saying, "why play this game when other games do it better." What games is he referring to? I don't know of any. For example, when he said the PVP in ESO is the same/similar to the PVP in DaoC. The graphics for DaoC are unbearable--yes, the pvp was good, but the game is dated now, so really it is such a poor comparison.

My biggest fear is Zenimax panics and changes the game. I believe if they have the fortitude to stand by their product the game will add subscriptions steadily over the next year (as long as the updates continue).   

Don't know if you'll like the answer, but it's GW2. He probably would be more forgiving of ESO if it weren't subscription based, and didn't start off with the wrong foot by locking things behind paywalls and pre orders.

• ZutchZutch Member UncommonPosts: 62
    Originally posted by muffins89

some random guy on youtube. it still amazes me how people put so much validity into random people on youtube. 'notice'. I am not giving you my opinion of the game. just my opinion of random people from 'the internet'.

then your comment is equally insignificant to me , you're just a random person , why would your words mean anything to me ? -that's your logic right there.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

Video games have tons of subjective parameters.

Everyone opinion is valid.

Some will find Joe review spot on, others will completely disagree and even others will agree with some aspects and not others.

The value of a reviewer is saying what he thinks and then the viewer knowing his own tastes, will have to decide.

If Joe has tons of viewers it is because those viewers find his tastes similar to theirs.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Dihoru
    Originally posted by Panzerbase
    Originally posted by cheyane

Meanwhile Angry Joe is at 302 k views on his ESO review. Yup the guy is a nobody but 300,000 people in a day viewed that video. So that many people have watched the bugs  on ESO . I'd be worried if I were Zenimax.

The IGN review in this section has 20 replies 545 views as opposed to the 348 posts and 5309 views on this thread and you guys are still questioning Angry Joe's impact.

And that's the bottom line, the word is out and it doesn't look good. Bad publicity slows sales and that forces companies to consider alternate sources of revenue such as FTP. But you know who hurts the game the most? It's not the "haters" or the reviewers. It's the the people ESO depends on most, the fans. When you people blindly let these problems go you are giving the company a free pass on poor performance and encouraging this behavior in the future. So yes go ahead and attack all of the people you think are out trying to hurt your game but in the end it is YOU doing ESO the greatest disservice of all.

You should take a step back on that one. Who has been giving who a pass? I remember when you could do an alpha or a beta by just signing up or having some decent credibility. Now you have to pay a "founder's fee". Not even going to get into the whole f2p evolution and what people gave company's as a free pass. Fact is those very same people who got f2p to this point want eso to turn into a f2p. I'd rather let zenimax bash me over the head with another one hundred bugged quests before some guy wipes his credit card across Cyrodiil. Oddly enough people like Joe support that f2p model... Then again a guy who has never reviewed a f2p mmo sure thinks highly of them.

You are in no position to critique either considering you've only played P2W games if you equate hidden costs games with free to play games.

Given the sheer number of mmorpg f2p games I have gone through 95% of them are p2w. Of course a majority of them you never hear about because their company goes under in less than a year. There are f2p games out there that don't add hidden costs. They are just not normally found in the  mmorpgs section. Pick ten mmorpgs that are f2p at random from the list. Get back to me with how many of them are p2w ^_^. If you pick one from r2/aeria/gpot-webzen/nexon/snail so forth you can auto mark those down as a point for my argument.

Your argument would matter if all P2P games are worth their sub... 90-95% aren't and go F2P/B2P, funny how that works out (yes my % are pulled from the same location as yours).

As for non-P2W games there are plenty if you look for them and many more are coming than P2W titles so yeah <3 keep at it.

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556

5/10 isn't a bad review by Angry Joe's scale it just means it's average, middle of the road. Which is pretty much exactly what I said after playing in one of the beta weekends. It is strictly average with no one thing to stand out and excite the players.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

who's angry joe? why should I spend or save money based on his opinion?

• SvarcanumSvarcanum Member UncommonPosts: 425
    For me ESO started out as a 7. The more I play the closer it gets to AJ's 5. Maybe even will end up lower!
  • handlewithcarehandlewithcare Member Posts: 322

I decided rather than buying wildstar average game ill take my time with ESO and sub.for another 2 months.

so there to all the haters ill rather sub. to a game that I own rather than buying crap.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by muffins89

who's angry joe? why should I spend or save money based on his opinion?

Welcome to the Youtube generation, there are a bunch of 'celebs' who are totally into games, Total Biscuit, Jesse cox, Angry Joe, Dodger, Wowcrendor etc. you don't have to agree with them, their just there to have fun, and share things with others on youtube. You can make up your own mind on whether they influence you to buy, or not, any particular game.image

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Day 2 and we got 40 pages.

AJ knows how to get people to discuss.

Harbinger of Fools
This discussion has been closed.