Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] Dragon Age: Inquisition: Bioware Reveals the Inquisitor

2»

Comments

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

I think there should be a visible tag on articles like this. I know I'm a bit behind the times, but I come to this site for MMO news, so maybe put a 'SRPG' (or similar) tag next to this sort of thing.

Going back under my brick now....

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

I understand covering this

But why bother making a page for it? its not an mmo

Change the name of the site already or add to it =/

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,495

After playing the godawful DA2 and just hearing about ME3's ending, I'm in no rush to buy or pre-order this one. I'll wait for the reviews to speak. Give me something as awesome as Origins/Awakening and I'll be happy. 

Bioware has a long way to go to redeem itself and I just don't think that's possible.

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

I'll probably pick it up six months after release when it goes on sale or something. After the obviously rushed and poorly written debacle of DA2, combined with the lazy hole-filled plot and ending of ME3, Bioware games simply don't interest me any more.

SWTOR was good story-wise and would have made an excellent addition to the KOTOR series, had they not screwed up and decided to make it into an MMO.

Bioware is dead. Long live EAware.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

After the last DA POS expansion/sequel, who cares?

The franchise deserves no hype after that train wreck.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by dinams

I understand covering this

But why bother making a page for it? its not an mmo

Change the name of the site already or add to it =/

You can bet there are some advertising dollars in there somewhere, is why....

• amadeuzamadeuz Member Posts: 73
    So this game is not MMO .. =/
  • winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by Canibaloler

DA2, ME3 and swtor's memories doesn't allow me to get this game..

Sorry Bioware ,, i blame EA instead :P

R.I.P.

This^

We've already seen how EAoware works promising that your choice will matter and then delivering one ending in 3 different colors where none of your choices made any difference at all.

• vort3xvort3x Member Posts: 129

I need this to be good.

And I need Witcher 3, which I already know will be a legendary game.

+ Project Eternity, Wasteland 2, and hoping for good Fallout 4.

That's all I need for the next 7 years of gaming :)

• WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638
    I dunno,, this is reminding me of the limited Dragon Age 2....
  • Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839
    isnt this a single player offline game?

Whats it doing on an MMORPG site LMAO.

Just saying not trolling.
  • Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Age:_Inquisition

Whats this doing on an MMORPG site?

LOL just saying not trolling.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    Game looks fantastic
  • SilaxSilax Member Posts: 250

The way I feel about DA:I is essentially the same way I felt about Oblivion - I'm not particularly keen on the changes that are being announced but I will play it anyway and perhaps I will be pleasantly surprised.

Without a doubt DA:O was one of the best RPGs of the past decade, maybe a close second to the Witcher.  That said, DA 2 was horrendous.  I still played it because I wanted to see where the story went (somewhat disappointed) while knowing what people had said about it.

At the end of the day, it's like reading an epic fantasy series or watching a TV show.  Some seasons are just going feel lackluster to the first while others make a comeback and then some.  I don't know many people who would stop watching a favorite show just because it did something they didn't like.  There is an investment, a continuation that people care about whether that is the story, the characters or whatever.  Shoot, George R. R. Martin pissed me off so much for waiting so long to publish the last book in the series (something like 7 years) and the book that came before ignored all the main characters and plot lines.  Did I still read the new book when it came out?  You bet I did.

• Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955

So, no continuation of the previous story apart from the occasional nod if you load a previous save from DA2 or DA1.  Story sounds meh at best, nothing that hasn't been done before.  RIFT I believe was a PnP role playing game that first opened these dimensional rifts onto the world.  Then Trion did it with the unimaginatively titled RIFT and now EA jumps on the tired bandwagon. But in an effort to appease the old DA1 loving crowd they will give us the option of top down combat.  I'm not convinced but I'm a sucker for rpg's so I will give it a go before completely condemning it.

I would ask though that you stop calling this a Bioware game, it isn't.  It's an EA game with a Bioware label stuck on it.  The heart and soul of that once great company are no longer there and Bioware vanished up EA's ringpiece when they left.

• IvorySamoanIvorySamoan Member Posts: 10
    What are you on about, ME3 was kick ass... and SWTOR was great when it was sub based (IMMO).
  • Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158
    Originally posted by Stuka1000

So, no continuation of the previous story apart from the occasional nod if you load a previous save from DA2 or DA1.  Story sounds meh at best, nothing that hasn't been done before.  RIFT I believe was a PnP role playing game that first opened these dimensional rifts onto the world.  Then Trion did it with the unimaginatively titled RIFT and now EA jumps on the tired bandwagon. But in an effort to appease the old DA1 loving crowd they will give us the option of top down combat.  I'm not convinced but I'm a sucker for rpg's so I will give it a go before completely condemning it.

I would ask though that you stop calling this a Bioware game, it isn't.  It's an EA game with a Bioware label stuck on it.  The heart and soul of that once great company are no longer there and Bioware vanished up EA's ringpiece when they left.

The story is continuing from DA2.

Also EA hasn't jumped on the bandwagon, tears in the veil have always been a part of the lore and with the mages and templars in all out war, it's not surprising something like this is happening.

• GrixxittGrixxitt Member UncommonPosts: 545

It's EA so not worth my money. 

Possibly might be worth the space on my hard drive if the combat is good. O and lesbian love scenes :)

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    Originally posted by Boraell

From the minuscule amount of gameplay in the 'gameplay trailer' it looks like they are sticking with the DA2 style of action-combat...ah well, theres still Torment to look forward to!

I thought DA2 combat was the one improvement over DA1.  Ok not the only one, there's also the skill tree.  But DA2's combat was just leaps beyond DA1.  I like slow combat too, but it was clunky and just too dated in Dragon Age.   Other games from bioware got away with it because the bar was lower in the past.  But games need to evolve, and not just graphically.

• ArndushArndush Member Posts: 303
    It's a good move. After all, no one expects the inquisition.
  • stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884

Wow. You just blurt stuff out with no research whatsoever. You should try looking stuff up before making an opinion. The story is a continuation of DA2 and tears in the veil were already part of the lore..........

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    Little curious here.... isn't this site called MMORPG.com and therefore dedicated to MMO's? Why then is there an article on here about a single player game? Just wondering.
  • Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955
    Originally posted by stevebombsquad

Wow. You just blurt stuff out with no research whatsoever. You should try looking stuff up before making an opinion. The story is a continuation of DA2 and tears in the veil were already part of the lore..........

By continuation I meant the ability to port your previous character into the game and continue the story with them, not play an entirely new character.  Yes tears in the veil have always been there but not like they have been portrayed in DA3 but you are right, perhaps I have read it wrong, we will see.