Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What world would you want to play in?

2»

Comments

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

Any to be honest... gameplay is more important to me than how the elves are called.

If I were to go purely for world I have not played in: GrimDark o.o.

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,829

I'd like a Wild West MMO. Cowboys 'n Indians, with cattle drives, gold mining, saloons, gun fights. Fighting over territory with Outlaws and Renegades.

I'd have a ranch/village builder sub-game, and that part is portable to a handheld. Sort of like Farmville, but you're farming the farm you own in the MMO.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• AuntieSpeaksAlotAuntieSpeaksAlot Member Posts: 57
    Originally posted by olepi

I'd like a Wild West MMO. Cowboys 'n Indians, with cattle drives, gold mining, saloons, gun fights. Fighting over territory with Outlaws and Renegades.

I'd have a ranch/village builder sub-game, and that part is portable to a handheld. Sort of like Farmville, but you're farming the farm you own in the MMO.

Yeah, I like the idea of a Frontier mmo.  

• sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985

Originally posted by AuntieSpeaksAlot At some point you said 'romance novel' and my brain said moron. 
     I'll let Lily Allen flip you off for me, she has a better voice: F.U. very much song 

I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
    Originally posted by sunandshadow

Originally posted by AuntieSpeaksAlot At some point you said 'romance novel' and my brain said moron. 
     I'll let Lily Allen flip you off for me, she has a better voice: F.U. very much song 

Lilly Allen is another of those arseholes living off her dad's fame.  Yes he might not of brought her up, but she has his name and she played it relentlessly.  She has no talent at all.  She has her fathers name, that is all she has and all she will ever have.  She is a prick.  

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

"Space Opera" brought to mind the old Space Tabletop RPG I played a few times way back when :)

High Fantasy for me, as a preference, but any well developed game world would interest me :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• Cephus404Cephus404 Member CommonPosts: 3,675
    I want sci-fi but not necessarily planet based.  I want expansive exploration as well as planet-based action.  The universe should be continually expanding so that people can go out, fly in a random direction and find new systems and bring their riches back to the inhabited worlds for sale.  I'd like to see NPC species that attack different worlds and once peace is achieved, they can become PC races.  It gives the developers lots of ways to keep expanding the world.

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None

Originally posted by Cephus404
    I want sci-fi but not necessarily planet based.  I want expansive exploration as well as planet-based action.  The universe should be continually expanding so that people can go out, fly in a random direction and find new systems and bring their riches back to the inhabited worlds for sale.  I'd like to see NPC species that attack different worlds and once peace is achieved, they can become PC races.  It gives the developers lots of ways to keep expanding the world.

so, space opera?

• Cephus404Cephus404 Member CommonPosts: 3,675
    Originally posted by AuntieSpeaksAlot
    Originally posted by Cephus404

so, space opera?

No, I don't find space opera to be hard enough sci-fi.  Space opera is like Star Wars, lots of mystical nonsense.

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    I voted for Vampir/Werewolf Myth/Superstion , I think the Secret World falls into that catergory , although I would love something based on maybe the Necroscope books or something similar :)
  • PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• MsPtibiscuitMsPtibiscuit Member Posts: 164
    Either the world of Dragonlance, a pirate-world with a little fantasy (a bit like Pirates of Caribbean) or a space-opera
  • mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

1. Space Opera similar to Mass Effect or based on Mass Effect

2. Game based on Legend of Fiver Rings universe (amazing setting for MMO)

3. Game based on Game of THrones book series. Also massive world, very good for MMO

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    I would be impressed with a combination world so long as it favored fantasy.

• LonzoLonzo Member UncommonPosts: 294
    I wonder when the devs see that there is no good new high fantasy and scifi alternative in the making...

• Gamer54321Gamer54321 Member UncommonPosts: 452

I would really want to play in the Cyberpunk 2020 universe (Currently being designed as a single player game as 'Cyberpunk 2077').

BUT without the nonsense of todays MMO games:

- no themepark or other linear crap

- no dumbed down gameplay

- initiative based gaming and no feat/magic/hp pool nonsense

- massive urban and rural areas

- preferably a "single server" world, with no obvious instancing (instanced event areas are ok)

- clothing, cybernetics, hacking, ground based vehicles, airborne vehicles, weapons, appartements, etc

Eve online has so called time dilation. Why not make that a game feature, sort of like bullet time game mechanics, offering a deeper combat system that doesn't easily glitch out because of poor networking qualities across the globe. Maybe slowing down combat in some classy and sensible way could work wonders with a more innovative and engaging combat system.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    Originally posted by Gamer54321

I would really want to play in the Cyberpunk 2020 universe (Currently being designed as a single player game as 'Cyberpunk 2077').

BUT without the nonsense of todays MMO games:

- no themepark or other linear crap

- no dumbed down gameplay

- initiative based gaming and no feat/magic/hp pool nonsense

- massive urban and rural areas

- preferably a "single server" world, with no obvious instancing (instanced event areas are ok)

- clothing, cybernetics, hacking, ground based vehicles, airborne vehicles, weapons, appartements, etc

Eve online has so called time dilation. Why not make that a game feature, sort of like bullet time game mechanics, offering a deeper combat system that doesn't easily glitch out because of poor networking qualities across the globe. Maybe slowing down combat in some classy and sensible way could work wonders with a more innovative and engaging combat system.

I second this.

Scifi or cyberpunk would be great. I'd live to play in a Mass Effect or Deus Ex world but seeing how MMOs are typically design doesn't make me wish they would become one.

• blackcat35blackcat35 Member Posts: 479
    My preference is high fantasy.  I prefer games with complicated spell systems and complicated crafting systems with lots of choices.  I've outgrown games that are pigeon holed like EQ where you're limited to 8 spells and spells are just upgrades of each other.

==========================
    The game is dead not, this game is good we make it and Romania Tv give it 5 goat heads, this is good rating for game.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

High Fantasy, because:

(a) There is more material for it than for any other setting. Which means games of this type tend to have more variance in classes, races etc than for any other kind of gameplay, by very default.

(b) One of the results of (a) is that the combat tends to be the most interesting, because of the rich variance of classes and abilities wellknown in such games, while games that tend to be creative are in comparison often rather lackluster.

(c) Really any other genre can be fit into this most nicely. Low fantasy and horror are basically in for free "in" by default anyway, many of the other genres like Ancient and Steampunk is no big issue to get included as well, and while SF is a bit tough, its also possible. In fact SF is more limited, because "a wizard did it" is a believeable excuse for pretty much anything, while there are more limits to what people would believe technology really can do.